Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Build For Equinox

TheRipper7

Question

16 answers to this question

I have her (him?) at lv 17 and I haven't still understood how the abilities work actually. As far as I undestand   you can switch between night and day pressing the ability number again, and it's a mess.

Edited by Fedaykyn

I have her (him?) at lv 17 and I haven't still understood how the abilities work actually. As far as I undestand   you can switch between night and day pressing the ability number again, and it's a mess.

Press 1 to change between forms (it gives a slight buff that decays over time).

Then, use the abilities for whichever form you have equipped.

Not sure if any one will follow this "build" but based on what I've seen in its skill set, the duration for nits moves are generally either toggled on and off (3rd ability) or have a drain (4th) the 2nd ability, the duration is pretty long so u don't necessarily need to put a ton of duration. My idea is to focus on range and power strength so the 3rd and4th abilities can affect more targets. Granted this is simply my opinion, but so far it seems pretty good (if u don't like the power strip part could always do eff. Or duration, rly up to u but range, to me is a must.

Still experimenting but I am loving this build:

Equinox_of_Doom.jpg

Highlights:

-22s first ability duration

-46% to 48% power damage bonus to team members

-Fantastic 3rd and ult range due to stretch and not using narrow minded

-the power strength is enough to kill lvl30 enamies with the slash over time using the day ulti....let alone detonation....

-manageable trickle from ult due to fleeting. Take off blind rage for intensify or streamline for low-mid tier missions to stack up the ult longer.

So far its killer! Still experimenting with the 2nd ability so cannot comment on the stats but might not be the best build for it due to the efficiency costs.

Edited by BeGaDaButcher

Still experimenting but I am loving this build:

Equinox_of_Doom.jpg

Highlights:

-22s first ability duration

-46% to 48% power damage bonus to team members

-Fantastic 3rd and ult range due to stretch and not using narrow minded

-the power strength is enough to kill lvl30 enamies with the slash over time using the day ulti....let alone detonation....

-manageable trickle from ult due to fleeting. Take off blind rage for intensify or streamline for low-mid tier missions to stack up the ult longer.

So far its killer! Still experimenting with the 2nd ability so cannot comment on the stats but might not be the best build for it due to the efficiency costs.

Very similar to my build. For anyone confused or who wants a more basic breakdown:

-Power Strength and Range, as well as Power Efficiency/Max Power (Personal preference there), benefit Equinox's powers the most. Duration has very little effect, save for on her transformation power, whose boost is rather negligible.

-Equinox has two very potent constant buff powers as their 3rd ability: PACIFY/PROVOKE. You will be running one of these pretty much constantly.  In night form, Pacify will reduce how much damage enemies can do and drain power by enemies in range while active (hence why I prefer power efficiency). It's base power reduction at Rank 30 is 50 percent, and is affected by Power Strength mods. In day form, you will boost nearby Tenno Power strength by 20 percent base at Rank 30, and is affected by Power Strength mods. These are great for public play, as you can switch between either protecting others, or boosting the damage/abilities of others (which makes playing alongside nukeframes who spam their AoE abilities a lot more tolerable).

-Equinox has two equally potent debuff powers as their 2nd ability: REST/RAGE. In Night Form, rest will put enemies to 'sleep', letting you damage them/ragdoll them till half of their health at Rank 30. This ISN'T affected but Power Strength, only duration, but the ragdoll effect offsets the loss of duration in my experience. Excellent for stunning Simaris targets or juggling high-damage enemies, as well as groups, since Power Range makes it AoE slightly. In Day Form, you instead increase the enemy target (and surrounding close packed enemies) movement speed in exchange for them taking up to base 50 percent extra damage from all damage sources, which CAN be increased with Power Strength.

I won't lie: I hardly ever use Mend/Maim (Night/Day Form's 4th), but that's more due to my avoidance of AoE powers in casual play. Day Form's Maim is a slash based toggle; first casting in day form bleeds enemies with a chance to stun, and marks them as you run around, tagging more and more foes. Every marked enemy you kill/killed with the first blow will add to an 'absorbed' pool, and then RECASTING(deactivating) Maim will dish out all that absorbed pool counts damage in an AoE around you. Power Range/Power Strength help with this (only with initial slash damage for PStrength, not absorb rate). Night Form's Mend is...weird. You basically absorb more and more health for every enemy you kill in that aura, and RECASTING Mend heals everyone (even companions) evenly with your stored pool. It's a bit dumb, since you can absorb more than you need. You only need 8,800ish worth of absorbency to heal a maxed out crew with companions, really.

Hope that helps.