Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stamina Mods Converted Into Fusion Cores? Don't Think So.

JesterTheNight

"Mods that previously affected Stamina have now been converted to the appropriate amount of Fusion Core."

That's what the patchnotes said, well, it didn't happen, I got no fusion cores. Unless the appropriate amount is supposed to be zero, since the stamina mods were actually worthless :P

But seriously, where the fusion cores at?

So I had to use cores to get cores? Wth is this garbage? Of course I didn't rank them up, they were useless.

They were useless and easy to obtain and since you didn't use any core to level it up you didn't get any cores.

They were useless and easy to obtain and since you didn't use any core to level it up you didn't get any cores.

First of all, we weren't warned of how this would work, we only knew that stamina mods were going to be converted into cores (no mention of RANKED stamina mods), in fact, I don't know how you guys can talk with such certainty. Second, the notion of using cores to get cores (like, what's the conversion rate even?) is really stupid.

Anyway, how were these cores given out? Did you get a message in the inbox mentioning the conversion or the cores were already in the inventory?

So I had to use cores to get cores? Wth is this garbage? Of course I didn't rank them up, they were useless.

You weren't supposed to "gain" anything from this update. Yes, you had to use cores, to get the cores you used back. Also, you wanted to receive free cores for obsolete mods that you didn't bother to rank up? I mean, even if you had known how this worked, you are aware that you would simply receive all the cores you put in before hand, there would be no profit made right?

You weren't supposed to "gain" anything from this update. Yes, you had to use cores, to get the cores you used back. Also, you wanted to receive free cores for obsolete mods that you didn't bother to rank up? I mean, even if you had known how this worked, you are aware that you would simply receive all the cores you put in before hand, there would be no profit made right?

"Mods that previously affected Stamina have now been converted to the appropriate amount of Fusion Core."

What does that mean to you? To me, that my hundeds of stamina mods would be converted into fusion cores. Of course I thought I'd make a profit, they're taking something away from me (albeit useless now), I thought I'd get something back.

Anyway, that's not the point. I don't really care about these cores, I have a bunch myself, I just thought that I should've received something while it looks like this isn't the case.

Still got no answer on this though, how were these cores given out? Did you get a message in the inbox mentioning the conversion or the cores were already in the inventory?

Edited by JesterTheNight

*cough*ability card conversion*cough*

The ability cards were converted to fusion cores but didn't need to be ranked up to gain the cards. I think a script broke somewhere along the line?

Ok, so I SHOULD'VE received something? Man, what a mess. I think I'm gonna submit a support ticket or pm Rebecca. This is stupid and no one has a definitive answer.

Edited by JesterTheNight

Ok, so I SHOULD'VE received something? Man, what a mess. I think I'm gotta submit a support ticket or pm Rebecca. This is stupid and no one has a definitive answer.

I didn't get any cores for them either. Not sure if it's intended or not... would be nice to get a clarification from DE.

I didn't get any cores for them either. Not sure if it's intended or not... would be nice to get a clarification from DE.

I submitted a support ticket asking for clarity on the matter, let's see what they have to say. I'll let you know when I get an answer.

Edited by JesterTheNight

I was watching the last Devstream and I heard Glen talking about some exploit that players could do with those Stamina mods. At that same moment, I already knew what he was talking about: the same thing that happened to Steel Charge (although it wasn't really an exploit back then). Players who had a maxed Steel Charge mod (rank 10) received Legendary Fusion Cores, because it was later lowered down to a maximum rank of 5.

I upgraded maybe 10 Marathon mods. Spent 1 Rare, 2 Uncommon and 12 Common Fusion Cores on each one of them. I had some other stamina mods as well, but in total I received close to 130 Rare Fusion Cores. Pretty nice.

You should definetly write a ticket and know what was wrong.

Edited by RextintorZ

I was watching the last Devstream and I heard Glen talking about some exploit that players could do with those Stamina mods. At that same moment, I already knew what he was talking about: the same thing that happened to Steel Charge (although it wasn't really an exploit back then). Players who had a maxed Steel Charge mod (rank 10) received Legendary Fusion Cores, because it was later lowered down to a maximum rank of 5.

I upgraded maybe 10 Marathon mods. Spent 1 Rare, 2 Uncommon and 12 Common Fusion Cores on each one of them. I had some other stamina mods as well, but in total I received close to 130 Rare Fusion Cores. Pretty nice.

You should definetly write a ticket and know what was wrong.

Ok, I understand, that's cool and all, but when you're a newer player and don't know these things (I watched that devstream too) you pretty much get screwed.

This also goes against what they told us, which is "Mods that previously affected Stamina have now been converted to the appropriate amount of Fusion Core.", nowhere in there it mentions ranked stamina mods, for unranked stamina mods I got ZERO fusion cores, DE pretty much lied to us. Again, I don't really care about these fusion cores, it's just the phrasing that irks me.

I used the exploit thing but I used my duplicates as fusion fodder so it was pretty much using things like sentinel mods to rank the 20+ stamina mods that I did have. I got around 300 rare 5 cores for it. If i had more credits and wasn't lazy enough i could have ranked the other 30+ stamina mods to get even more. I guess since they mentioned it on stream they assumed every one was just gonna rank them

Ok, I understand, that's cool and all, but when you're a newer player and don't know these things (I watched that devstream too) you pretty much get screwed.

This also goes against what they told us, which is "Mods that previously affected Stamina have now been converted to the appropriate amount of Fusion Core.", nowhere in there it mentions ranked stamina mods, for unranked stamina mods I got ZERO fusion cores, DE pretty much lied to us. Again, I don't really care about these fusion cores, it's just the phrasing that irks me.

A script likely broke somewhere, because I now have a bunch of fusion cores (like 60 common ones) that I assume used to be all my unranked ones. 

File a support ticket. DE isn't lying, something just broke.

I submitted a support ticket asking for clarity on the matter, let's see what they have to say. I'll let you know when I get an answer.

Yeah, Jester please post back here when you find out what the rules are for this.   It seems they should give you something for the unranked stamina mods but maybe not?  I'd like to know.

I assume you probably didnt rank them up, thus they had no cores on them?

Well my number of fusion cores did raise by alot after the update, so I doubt this "use cores to get cores back" thing is real.