Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Is Absolutely Breaking My Heart In Disappointment. And I'll Tell You Why.

Onite

Just changing crouch from hold to toggle was enough for me. Either way, try out different solutions and use whatever feels the best. That's why you can rebind the keys =) 

The thing I have most problems with is the fact that you have to zoom while gliding. I tried gliding while holding a datamass and there wasn't any zoom, it felt much better for me that way. I still want to test parkour 2.0 some more before judging it. Right now, I still prefer the old system (well, wouldn't have any problem with coptering/air melee getting removed, but I miss my butt-scoot), but that might change in a week. 

I agree on the Zoom tied to gliding theing.

The whole reason games with high mobility opt for a third person view usually is that it allows you to see a little more of your immediate surroudings, which is good design when you need to interact with them often. Things like jumping off walls, making use of cover, and navigating tricky terrain are all easier when you can see exactly where your character is standing and the objects directly adjacent to them.

With that in mind, run and gun at mid to close range works best without aiming because close range targets are easier to track with smaller aim adjustments due to being a bit smaller on the screen. Zooming in nececitates that you move your aim more to track a target unless they are at long range.

What this means in practice is that AimGlide is really clunky to use at mid-close range. Things like diving around a corner at ground level to shotgun the guy taking cover behind it are all but impossible because the zoom makes it really hard to hit a close range target. Tracking targets that are 10m directly below you (which happens commonly in some tiles with AimGliding) gets difficult with the zoom  + your movement + target's movement combined. If I wasn't forced to Zoom to retain hang time it would be a little bit easier to hit those targets. 

Unfortunately  it would be hard to separate the two functions as that creates even more control complexity.

Thats not what I meant, you missunderstood me, I would actually be fine if bullet jump send me exactly where I am aiming, but the problem is that it doesnt, most of the time when I am trying to bullet jump directly in front of me I am send slightly upward. when in combat I dont really have time to spend time to make sure I am aiming exactly so I would be send forward, bullet jump demands far to be precision for movement that should be easy.

Ah. I understand now.

I still sometimes go up a little farther up than I intend and hit the top of a doorway occasionally because of that. I can't really fault the design though. It does indeed go where you point with one exception.  Said exception actually makes perfect sense once you understand it.

The going up a little part is actually because you're aiming a little bit towards the floor. The move is so precise that any deviation from perfectly level will affect the move.While on the ground only, if you aim below level, the move treats it as the inverse amount of aiming up. So for example you''l get the same trajectory if you're aiming 45 degrees from level towards the floor as 45 degrees from level towards the ceiling. If you aim directly below you at the floor you'll go straight up as if you had aimed straight up. This is to facilitate aiming at enemies who will be below you after you jump for comboing into AimGlide, and it works quite well for that. If you want to go perfectly level you just have to get better at aiming level currently. I'm terribly sorry and I usually try to avoid saying this but as they say the only real solution currently is to "git gud."

Now they could change this a bit to reduce the precision required to go perfectly level. Perhaps a dead zone of say 10 degrees below level that treats your aim as perfectly level? That would give you a 10 degree zone of leniency and I personally wouldn't see a problem with that since if you're aiming that shallow at the floor you're obviously not intending to shoot at enemies below you.

You can still do slide jump but its double jump foward and you have to chain it after bullet jump.

Sigh please test out all the features before you complain OP.

1.) First you can bullet jump while vertical wall running to make it faster.

2.) The movement is actually more fast paced and fluid than spam air melee and spam coptering why because now it rewards you if you are able to perform or execute the right parkour movements at the right time cause there is "MOMENTUM"

3.) You can still air melee air copter just try doing it after you do your bullet jump thank me later.

4.) You can still technically front flip but instead of holding ctrl+ slide you just have to double press space for double jump forward you can even chain this with either bullet jump or aim glide.

5.) If you want to "Go Fast better practice as this new movement systems might be easy to do but its hard to master but once you get the hang of it you'll breeze through level"

6.) Learn the new META slide + transition to forward bullet jump+ jump over enemies you rush through + double jump + aim glide and melee attack at the end of it.

7.)You can parkour off enemies and even off other players.

8.)Wall jumping is better now as if you time it right it launches you with enough momentum and propulsion to add to bullet jump speed trajectory

9.) There are mods to increase bullet jump speed and add elemental damage

10.) you can reload use powers and even back flip side flip and front flip off aim or melee gliding you can even block it while doing it.

All in all the new parkour 2.0 system is the best system currently for the game as it provides so many more mobility options with fluid parkour maneuvers you just have to ADAPT and MASTER them cause its not as easy as press E to win anymore. I honestly want to thank the Dev team for the hardwork and great job in executing parkour 2.0 I was honestly surprised at how good it was they proved me wrong because I had so many doubts about the new system but in the end they pulled of a amazing comeback with this new update. I didn't even do the tutorial yet I was able to intuitively execute the new movement manuvers it took some time to get used to it though. So I suggest learn and master the new system first.

You're assuming we all coptered. Which I can't speak for anyone else, but I rarely if ever coptered. I mostly forward somersaulted and if you think the forward somersault is the same or worse than the new parkour crap then you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. The new parkour system is slower, clunkier and a hell of a lot more awkward.

Old forward somersault, run forward a step, crouch and jump together. Go massive distances incredibly fast. New parkour system, run forward and spam buttons repeatedly. Get gunned down because you're moving at a snail's pace by comparison.

Oh yeah, I've tried learning or attempting to, use the new movement system and I have to point out, god @(*()$ damn do I miss wall running. I really don't understand why they had to take that out. I don't see any reason why the new crap couldn't be left in as well as old style running along the wall.

Edited by ChaosMarine

strongly disagree

wallprancing is perfection itself

bullet jump is the most fabulous planking cirque du soleil dolphin i have ever seen

double jumping is basically the best thing especially with the removal of STUPID FLOATY S#&$ PHYSICS THAT WE HAD BEFORE

AND SLAM ATTACKS ACTUALLY MOVE YOU DOWNWARDS FASTER THAN FALLING DOES WHAT A GODDAMN CONCEPT

THIS IS LITERALLY A DIRECT UPGRADE OVER THE COPTER-SPAM S#&$HOLE WE HAD BEFORE PLEASE JUST STOP WHINING ABOUT LITERALLY EVERYTHING FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE AND MAYBE THINK ABOUT-

and yes i am bitter

You're assuming we all coptered.

So true, some players barely ever coptered. I could even say I "practised" on not coptering, and it made the game terribly fluid, fast paced, visually impressive. Without coptering the game got extremely nervous in T3-T4 surv (never camped). Now I'm a space jellyfish. And I'd better camp. Yay

Ah. I understand now.

I still sometimes go up a little farther up than I intend and hit the top of a doorway occasionally because of that. I can't really fault the design though. It does indeed go where you point with one exception.  Said exception actually makes perfect sense once you understand it.

The going up a little part is actually because you're aiming a little bit towards the floor. The move is so precise that any deviation from perfectly level will affect the move.While on the ground only, if you aim below level, the move treats it as the inverse amount of aiming up. So for example you''l get the same trajectory if you're aiming 45 degrees from level towards the floor as 45 degrees from level towards the ceiling. If you aim directly below you at the floor you'll go straight up as if you had aimed straight up. This is to facilitate aiming at enemies who will be below you after you jump for comboing into AimGlide, and it works quite well for that. If you want to go perfectly level you just have to get better at aiming level currently. I'm terribly sorry and I usually try to avoid saying this but as they say the only real solution currently is to "git gud."

Now they could change this a bit to reduce the precision required to go perfectly level. Perhaps a dead zone of say 10 degrees below level that treats your aim as perfectly level? That would give you a 10 degree zone of leniency and I personally wouldn't see a problem with that since if you're aiming that shallow at the floor you're obviously not intending to shoot at enemies below you.

Thats weird because I always aim at enemy torso(mostly chest) and it send me flying flightly upward 9 out of 10 times, if thats not correct way to level for forward bullet jump , then I will never be able to correctly bullet jump forward, I refuse to change where I aim at the enemies for the bullet jump sake.

Thats weird because I always aim at enemy torso(mostly chest) and it send me flying flightly upward 9 out of 10 times, if thats not correct way to level for forward bullet jump , then I will never be able to correctly bullet jump forward, I refuse to change where I aim at the enemies for the bullet jump sake.

I don't see how where you're aiming at an enemy matters for bullet jump .... since when you bullet jump you're rarely aiming at an enemy or trying to shoot them.

Are you trying to say your cursor normally rests at chest level even when no enemies are around? I can see that. Well I'm sorry you can't adapt to change, because there's literally no way to satisfy what you want. It's either deal with it or learn where the sweet spot is for bullet jump.

If you DO want to practice, try it without any enemies around and play with different angles. Surely you can learn to aim a bullet jump differently from firing a weapon.

Edited by Ashnal

I don't see how where you're aiming at an enemy matters for bullet jump .... since when you bullet jump you're rarely aiming at an enemy or trying to shoot them.

Are you trying to say your cursor normally rests at chest level even when no enemies are around? I can see that. Well I'm sorry you can't adapt to change, because there's literally no way to satisfy what you want. It's either deal with it or learn where the sweet spot is for bullet jump.

If you DO want to practice, try it without any enemies around and play with different angles. Surely you can learn to aim a bullet jump differently from firing a weapon.

it matters because its where I am most of the time, even when not aiming at enemies, and it important because its very leveled way to look forward, forward bullet jump window is simply too small to be used reliably, especially in combat, bullet jump should always send us where we are aiming

Im glad there are still people like you and posts like this, it seems that nobody wants to really say anything bad about Parkour 2.0 even if DE actually did a bad job with it.  Dont get me wrong, I LOVE DE and they did a great job with this update, the new tileset, weapons, Tyl REgor, etc.  But Parkour 2.0 is terrible!

I miss the old parkour, it went alot smoother and at the same time it was alot "stickier"
 you had alot mroe control and it worked.  I never coptered and I refused to because of how insanely stupid and broken it looked and was, but I used slidejump quite often, it wasnt broken looking and it worked, there was nothing wrong with it.

I totally agree with the OP and how ridiculous this enw stuff looks, why the bunnyhopping and spinny ridiculous BS?  Aside from being much less precise and constantly overshooting everything (rolling has WAY too much momentum), the new system isnt all that practical, I mean really, how often will you actually use the aimglide in a map thats not Ceres shipyards or the giant Corpus hangar?  It wont work, rather than comeplty redo animations and mess up the system that worked before, why not just try and improve upon the old system and make minor tweaks here and there?

I can outkill entire teams playing this like a cover shooter now than using any parkour, the new system feels like DE is trying too hard to be fancy and its taking away the effectiveness of our once great mobility.

You can still do slide jump but its double jump foward and you have to chain it after bullet jump.

Sigh please test out all the features before you complain OP.

1.) First you can bullet jump while vertical wall running to make it faster.

2.) The movement is actually more fast paced and fluid than spam air melee and spam coptering why because now it rewards you if you are able to perform or execute the right parkour movements at the right time cause there is "MOMENTUM"

3.) You can still air melee air copter just try doing it after you do your bullet jump thank me later.

4.) You can still technically front flip but instead of holding ctrl+ slide you just have to double press space for double jump forward you can even chain this with either bullet jump or aim glide.

5.) If you want to "Go Fast better practice as this new movement systems might be easy to do but its hard to master but once you get the hang of it you'll breeze through level"

6.) Learn the new META slide + transition to forward bullet jump+ jump over enemies you rush through + double jump + aim glide and melee attack at the end of it.

7.)You can parkour off enemies and even off other players.

8.)Wall jumping is better now as if you time it right it launches you with enough momentum and propulsion to add to bullet jump speed trajectory

9.) There are mods to increase bullet jump speed and add elemental damage

10.) you can reload use powers and even back flip side flip and front flip off aim or melee gliding you can even block it while doing it.

All in all the new parkour 2.0 system is the best system currently for the game as it provides so many more mobility options with fluid parkour maneuvers you just have to ADAPT and MASTER them cause its not as easy as press E to win anymore. I honestly want to thank the Dev team for the hardwork and great job in executing parkour 2.0 I was honestly surprised at how good it was they proved me wrong because I had so many doubts about the new system but in the end they pulled of a amazing comeback with this new update. I didn't even do the tutorial yet I was able to intuitively execute the new movement manuvers it took some time to get used to it though. So I suggest learn and master the new system first.

This person gets it completely! +1

You're assuming we all coptered. Which I can't speak for anyone else, but I rarely if ever coptered. I mostly forward somersaulted and if you think the forward somersault is the same or worse than the new parkour crap then you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. The new parkour system is slower, clunkier and a hell of a lot more awkward.

Old forward somersault, run forward a step, crouch and jump together. Go massive distances incredibly fast. New parkour system, run forward and spam buttons repeatedly. Get gunned down because you're moving at a snail's pace by comparison.

Oh yeah, I've tried learning or attempting to, use the new movement system and I have to point out, god @(*()$ damn do I miss wall running. I really don't understand why they had to take that out. I don't see any reason why the new crap couldn't be left in as well as old style running along the wall.

I was the same I never actually coptered except in those rare instances when I'm moving off a height to a lower area and my directional melee with it's bugged momentum would send me flying forward into a wall.

I exclusively used the slide jump forward somersault and directional melee and it sent you ahead fast but still had the tendency to get you momentum locked on objects you hit on the way and you had to move back manually before you could continue and that was actually slower in the long run.

There are many new ways to use the Parkour 2.0 moves as can be seen in the following videos which take you as fast or maybe even faster, while not getting you bugged on objects and with the ability to stop moving and change direction at any time with precise control. Please give these videos a watch, they're sure to help anyone learn how to settle into the new system more easily and use it much more effectively.

Edited by Sci_Ant

I have a hard time believing anyone in this thread has actual complaints about more hand pain after parkour 2.0's release. Before, coptering was killing my pinky, I tried changing the key bindings up to give it a rest but couldn't find anything that was comfortable enough. Parkour 2.0 is much much better on my hand on a whole.

I also have a hard time believing anyone in here who complains they have less control with parkour 2.0's movements. I find myself easily navigating through any "obstacle course" on any tileset I've encountered. Can I slingshot through the more open levels anymore, no. It takes slightly longer. Oh well, having a blast though.

it matters because its where I am most of the time, even when not aiming at enemies, and it important because its very leveled way to look forward, forward bullet jump window is simply too small to be used reliably, especially in combat, bullet jump should always send us where we are aiming

That's what I've been saying though. It DOES send you where you're aiming. In order to fix the issue you've been talking about it would have to strictly ignore your aim for a specific area. If it did send you into the floor you wouldn't go very far and it would be useless, so it flips the input instead.Point being if it wasn't sending you into the air it would only send you a couple meters while looking like you're trying to grind your face against the ground.

That's what I've been saying though. It DOES send you where you're aiming. In order to fix the issue you've been talking about it would have to strictly ignore your aim for a specific area. If it did send you into the floor you wouldn't go very far and it would be useless, so it flips the input instead.Point being if it wasn't sending you into the air it would only send you a couple meters while looking like you're trying to grind your face against the ground.

They should have made aiming space for forward bullet jump bigger and/or make that unless you aim 45 down you wont be send up.

Also forward bullet jump on the ground shouldnt lift up our character even a little, it should work like dashing in mega man games,

If you, reader, feel the same way and noticed and felt these changes as being one step forward, one step back, i implore you to help get DE's attention with this thread or other threads to help them understand where they've flawed. I dont want to sit here and complain. I want to put a magnifying glass over the problems so that DE can learn from their mistakes and make a better game.

You've got a hard row to hoe, I think most people prefer the new system, even if some top speed has been lost. 

It has tons more maneouverability and precision in combat, starting from a lower skill base, but with a similar high skill ceiling possible.

DE did good.

I've played Warframe since beta and bought platinum at some point. What I loved about Warframe was its mobility its fast paced action. This new system kills all of that and honestly has killed the fun for me.

I feel like a slug playing this and now that you've basically killed what made Warframe unique it's just like every other dime a dozen FPS why should I even play this?

I really hope you bring back all of the slash dash melee and wall run functions we had before otherwise this update is the death of the game for me. If your answer for me and the many others like me is "learn to deal with it" our answer is probably going to be directly reflected in your profit margins as we move on to new games.

From a business standpoint forcing something your loyal customer base hates on them and taking what they liked away what they liked is profits suicide... Follow captain Ahab as he leads you all to the white whale...

Edited by Mr.GreenSuit

Agreed. I never coptered. I somersaulted at every opportunity because it was fast, fluid and it propelled you huge distances. Far more than this new bullet crap. The new system is not fast and it is incredibly ungainly. If you're one of those people who couldn't play with the speed of the older system, why not go play something slow and clunky like Gears of War? I much rather the blisteringly fast speed of the old system.

you think to highly of yourself parkour 2.0 sped the game up in a more fluid fashion if you cant adapt by all means please leave. you have no right to say like many of us. show me a pie chart or a census of this so called many of us because as i see it the only people complaining about parkour 2.0 are the copter freaks who cant let it go. GG but parkour 2.0 or go home.

If you tell every person that dislikes parkour 2.0 to leave the game and they take your advice be prepared for an empty game.

Agreed. I never coptered. I somersaulted at every opportunity because it was fast, fluid and it propelled you huge distances. Far more than this new bullet crap. The new system is not fast and it is incredibly ungainly. If you're one of those people who couldn't play with the speed of the older system, why not go play something slow and clunky like Gears of War? I much rather the blisteringly fast speed of the old system.

Here's your somersaulting back >

giphy.gif

Edited by Sci_Ant

The threads aren't representative in my in-game experience so far - in the various chats in-game (clan, alliance, region) I'm seeing most people love the new system, only a few hate it and preferred the old one (though of course they do so vociferously and insistently :) ).

I much prefer it now, even though I was used to coptering.  It's less stop-start, more a continuous movement - in fact, the more continuous and fluid you get it, the better, you're basically chaining bullet jumps and double jumps (with slide) continuously, interspersed with wallruns for style.

My entire clan hates it. In fact since we were shouted down in our alliance chat for pointing out flaws we are likely leaving that alliance. 

I think the defenders are just as vocal and I have seen many more of them be excessively unpleasant to people that dislike the new system.

Telling them to "stop playing" or "leave" if we don't like it.

Why should we be forced to like something?