The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Adapter Overpriced.

Moghul

Still ridiculous reasoning. Every thing in this game is totally optional. I can clear the star chart with just my excal, mk-1 Braton, and Skana.

Optional is not an excuse for locking an item behind unfair pricing or unfun mechanics.

My take on this is to make the blueprint reusable at least. Warframe ENDGAME is not supposed to be taking upskirt photographs of mobs lying on their backs for Simaris' perverse pleasure.

I didn't forma every weapon and frame I have 6 to 8 times to be his personal camera toting pervert.

Yeah, go clear the starchart with that,'nothing is stopping you. If you can complete it with such limited eauipment surely you can survive wihout these new slots.

It actually is. Of something is optional you can put a higher price on it because it's not neccessary and the player can just shrug off past it if they don't want to bother with the effort.

You should be scanning the synthesis targets to get larger amounts of rep as opposed to scanning random mobs (if you already know this my apologies). Remember when people complained that symaris had little to offer, or that there was little reason to go after the synthesis targets if your not interested in lore? Now he has more things to offer and the capture targets have more reason to chase them.

If you've formaed your frame 6-8 times I'm sure you can survive without a fancy new slot.

So what is progression in this game? Most people will answer that aquiring new stuff and improving it is progression. The exilus slot is progression by this definition. It is true that it won't stop your progression, if you don't have it, but neither does not having Ash Prime or whatever. Actually almost nothing stops your progression and still most of those things aren't as stupid to aquire as the exilus slot. You can aquire everything in this game without Primes, most mods, clan tech and even reactors etc., but that doesn't mean that is is okay to hide those things behind a giant wall.

But where would these new slots be located on the progression ladder? At the very end, along with the even more expensive Arcanes and maxed Primed mods. They are not the sort of thing your supposed to get when you just start the game, they're the sort of thing you try and get once you have practically gotten everythong else this game has to offer.

Hardly. it is meant for end-game players and isnt something new players even need.  If you are at end-game this isnt that expensive. Unless you are comparing it to existing things in warframe which you shouldnt do since there isnt very much end-game content like this.

I think the resources requirement to craft is fair, but the bp cost is top much.

My suggestion, either:

1. Bp costs 15k-20k simaris reps

2. Bp costs 100-150k, but is reusable.

Seriously, crafting 2formas itself will take 48hrs, please reduce the burden of having to do simaris scans.

sKsa9H6.jpg

Let me get this straight:

Not only does this cost me TWO DAYS worth of scans but it also costs me 2 built Formas, an Argon crystal and 1 Orokin cell?

The 20 plat alternative feels very much like the only real solution. This, to me, is a serious ripoff.

I would have understood perfectly for it to cost that much if it were a reusable blueprint but having to spend all those resources for what is basically one more slot which can only hold marginally useful mods is ridiculous.

Seriously people, would you spend 2 formas, an argon crystal, an orokin cell and 50k rep so you can add rush to your frame? Even the new mods don't seem worth it to me.

That's a fine price for min\maxers that wont ever think of putting those mods on.

Most things in this game are optional. Equinox is optional, every Prime xy is optional. Still noone that cries in those threads is told that those things are optional.

There aren't many things that are not optional. Your reasoning is ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as coming online to whine that a small part of a free update, for a free to play game, actually has the audacity to require you to play the game to acquire it? :p

I'm a bit torn on this topic because let's face it, those things are indeed very pricy/time consuming to "farm". However as people already mentioned they are completely optional. We've got along just fine without them but now that the option is there people immediately want it for every Frame nao!!!1

Personally, I'm not even going to attempt to get an Exilus slot for every of my Frames. One is awarded to you after completing the Natah Quest, I'm going to farm enough for another one from Simaris and maybe buy one or two from the market. Not every Frame needs an additional slot for running slightly faster or whatever. 

I'm curious what the massive outrage of the player base is going to change, if anything at all but I wouldn't bet on it.

Make blueprint reusable, add some more materials to build list (not forma, just cells, argon and such) - boom, fixed.

ATM yeah it's a bit overpriced, only worth using on your most used frames.

this actually sounds like a real solution

An extra slot is an extra slot. I'm happy, even if I have to work my ! off to get it. You should be too.

But noooo. What do you do instead?

You cry and moan that you actually have to so something to get it.

Pathetic.

Excuse you but the amount of work necessary is disproportionate. Similar effect as a forma for not only twice the work but even more grind and even more resources.

Whether or not it's "endgame" is irrelevant. (although it's mobility, cmon)

The fact is it's overpriced. Just because you can afford to toss resources at it doesn't make it worth buying.

It's almost as if they're shoving symaris down our throats. The rewards are pretty limited and now we have a reason to do the stupid scans.

Edited by Moghul

Guys dont be irrational why you justify unfair mechanics?

the slot is needed to be able to move faster since we are slower now, we are not ninjas anymore.

that the game is free dosn't mean that you need to take with your eyes closed everything.

this game is free to play, that means that their depend on us, if you allow this then dont complain about whats going to come in the future updates.

making the game more grinding and rng based is not LATE GAME.

Late game must be something rewarding, you play the whoole game to reach the last content, this is actually a punish, im not coming back to this game, if this is not fixed. and im pretty sure that there are more people like me.

i can afford the slot but im not doing it, im not supporting this kind of lategame.

guys for the comunity dont support this, theres no way that im bringing my friends to the game, even my clan leader leaves the game for this same reason, that means that something is wrong, don't you think so?

Guys dont be irrational why you justify unfair mechanics?

the slot is needed to be able to move faster since we are slower now, we are not ninjas anymore.

that the game is free dosn't mean that you need to take with your eyes closed everything.

this game is free to play, that means that their depend on us, if you allow this then dont complain about whats going to come in the future updates.

making the game more grinding and rng based is not LATE GAME.

Late game must be something rewarding, you play the whoole game to reach the last content, this is actually a punish, im not coming back to this game, if this is not fixed. and im pretty sure that there are more people like me.

i can afford the slot but im not doing it, im not supporting this kind of lategame.

guys for the comunity dont support this, theres no way that im bringing my friends to the game, even my clan leader leaves the game for this same reason, that means that something is wrong, don't you think so?

fully agree. more grind to a grindy game.

This is a profit adapter.

:D

+1

Also we will need even more formas to put the mod in, so i just bought 2 adapters already, farming neural sensors is a huge pain to me.

I had 6 forma excalibur, now i have 8 or 9 forma excalibur with rush in the exilus slot.

Edited by FR3NZ4

50k rep seems harsh, but the other requirements are pretty okay by me. 2 forma isn't a crippling amount (says the guy with 0) and the others are just scratch. You're really only going to use this on your best frames too, not throw it on everything you own.

Excuse you but the amount of work necessary is disproportionate. Similar effect as a forma for not only twice the work but even more grind and even more resources.

Whether or not it's "endgame" is irrelevant. (although it's mobility, cmon)

The fact is it's overpriced. Just because you can afford to toss resources at it doesn't make it worth buying.

It's almost as if they're shoving symaris down our throats. The rewards are pretty limited and now we have a reason to do the stupid scans.

No. Excuse you. And everyone else who is upset about this, for that matter.

We have been given something to work toward. An upgrade. One which we have managed quite well without having up until now. 

I do not think its overpriced in the slightest, as this extra slot is... wait for it.... Not necessary to play the game.

And no, I don't have over 9000 forma, argon or any other other rare resources to throw at it and get the slot for all my frames, much less the rep.

Right at this moment, the recourse I have least of - and what I'm working on getting more of - is Neural Sensors, since I only have 2.

The only fact here is that you don't like to do the scans, which is an entirely personal issue. See, I don't mind doing the scans since I clearly see the progress I'm making with each scan I do, and it makes me feel like I'm that much closer to getting that optional bonus slot.

If you think its a ripoff, fine. Then don't do anything towards getting it. It's not like its an absolute requirement to play the game or anything.

Edited by maikkeli31

Most things in this game are optional. Equinox is optional, every Prime xy is optional. Still noone that cries in those threads is told that those things are optional.

There aren't many things that are not optional. Your reasoning is ridiculous.

I'm going to have to assume you were stoned out of your gourd when you wrote this. EVERY complaint about grind walls provokes at least one fanboy to say it's optional, and usually it's a swarm.

Clearly for players heavily into meta min/maxing this is going to be obligatory but for everyone else it's an argon & forma sink that gives you a little QoL improvement on your favorite 'frames. I have no problem with that.

Excalibur Umbra is optional but ppl whines A LOT.

It's just stupid that your effort worths only 20p:

-RNG to encounter the space squid after 50+ more runs.

-Time to do the quest located at where you haven't familiar to.

-Scanning mobs with 60 reps each until you met daily capacity.

-Farming void and get Forma BP as the worst reward.

-Farming void and get Argon Crystals which cut in half themselves everyday.

-Build Forma BP, wait 24 hrs...while Argon still decaying.

-Build Another Forma BP, wait 24 hrs...while Argon still decaying.

-Build Excilius Adapter, wait 24 hrs...while Argon still decaying.

-Single use on single frame, repeat step 3-9 again and again.

-Farming the new mod and finally found out the mod point does not enough, even you have forma'd 5 times on it.

It's pretty suffering because the slot just sit there and you cannot do anything unless you pay or grind VERY hard.

I would suggest DE to remove the Argon requirement and hide the locked slot until you have one Adapter.

DE is so smart, they did a little addition to your load out, rewarded a big fortune and the toxic community always says "I don't see the problem."

What's next used for material? Alert only items, rotten Alad V nav, syndicate weapons, Vauban parts and Primed Mods?

iZmFOHB.jpg

Edited by VCaptiion