Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering Vs Parkour 2.0 - How Much Speed Did We Really Lose?

Dunkingmachine

Prepared for this question I recorded some capture runs before the patch, ready to compare them to new runs done with Parkour 2.0. Since capture runs were shortened, I changed plans to simply compare rooms traversed in both runs. Yeah, there's two slow rooms due to having two capture targets in the copter runs, but the new target takes longer to capture, so it should not have that big of an impact.

I'm using a Frost in both videos, with no speed/parkour mods whatsoever. Why? He's a slow frame without mobility skills, and that's where coptering helped the most, it's what helped keep up with the fast ones. And why no speed/parkour mods? Obviously since it would compromise your build. Compromising your melee for better coptering was basically the main complaint in the old system, so compromising your warframe build isn't an option. We have the exilus slot now, but the thing is either painfully slow and lots of work, or a straight up plat purchase - I don't feel like that should be a requirement to get back a little speed (which will still be subpar).

Just to be clear: This is just a comparison on how quickly we can traverse maps. Other advantages/disadvantages between the old and new system are irrelevant for this.

Edited by Dunkingmachine

I don't care. Parkour 2.0 is bloody great. Now we are flexible in how we move, instead of trying to race through things as fast as possible, trying to keep up with the rest.

Great you're enjoying it. Well you're still grinding the same missions, so you'll still try to race through things as fast possible, only that "as fast as possible" is now significantly slower. As the time required to grind the same missions has increased, so has the grind.

Prepared for this question I recorded some capture runs before the patch, ready to compare them to new runs done with Parkour 2.0. Since capture runs were shortened, I changed plans to simply compare rooms traversed in both runs. Yeah, there's two slow rooms due to having two capture targets in the copter runs, but the new target takes longer to capture, so it should not have that big of an impact.

I'm using a Frost in both videos, with no speed/parkour mods whatsoever. Why? He's a slow frame without mobility skills, and that's where coptering helped the most, it's what helped keep up with the fast ones. And why no speed/parkour mods? Obviously since it would compromise your build. Compromising your melee for better coptering was basically the main complaint in the old system, so compromising your warframe build isn't an option. We have the exilus slot now, but the thing is either painfully slow and lots of work, or a straight up plat purchase - I don't feel like that should be a requirement to get back a little speed (which will still be subpar).

Just to be clear: This is just a comparison on how quickly we can traverse maps. Other advantages/disadvantages between the old and new system are irrelevant for this.

While I am impressed with the dedication and math put into this, I do have to point out that speed actually isn't the only thing of relevance.... However, for the sake of your argument I'll only apply 1 of the new modifiers added by Parkour 2.0 that coptering does not have... Control.... It is much easier (from what I've seen and been told... I'm a console player so I haven't experienced it myself) to get from place to place without flinging in unnecessary directions... Not to mention, if you watch an old

Mogamu video where he was reviewing some early forms of Parkour 2.0 leaked by DESteve, he tested a specific jump that Steve easily accomplished with the bullet jump and Mogamu had much difficulty using the cliche Tipedo copter....

That's not a very good comparison, considering the generation of capture missions.

Amazing that some people think a glitchy lightspeed spin attack is superior to a complete and free-flowing system.

I'm taking the average time of over 100 void tiles traversed - it's not 100% accurate due to variations, but it's also far from uncomparable.

Great you're enjoying it. Well you're still grinding the same missions, so you'll still try to race through things as fast possible, only that "as fast as possible" is now significantly slower. As the time required to grind the same missions has increased, so has the grind.

But if the grind is how many missions you accomplished and not how many rooms you go through, then I counted 13-13.... Which means in Parkour 2.0 you go through the same number of missions with increased control and decreased enemy accuracy....

Parkour 2.0 may be slower than coptering with a tipedo, but it is definitely faster than coptering with a scindo prime. Just sayin.

No, I am not. Bullet Jump is way too slow by default and looks ridiculous with that spin. Coptering at least had a fun feeling to it.......

Bullet jump off the ground, then double jump, then aim glide to clear a room in seconds. You are doing it wrong ^o^

*EDIT*

Although the bullet jump does look ridiculous, coptering kinda looked ridiculous also.

Edited by profoak0117

But if the grind is how many missions you accomplished and not how many rooms you go through, then I counted 13-13.... Which means in Parkour 2.0 you go through the same number of missions with increased control and decreased enemy accuracy....

Then you counted wrong, it's 15 missions for the old system, and also capture runs were shortened so that distorts a completion comparison. Enough other missions where traversal is just as important were left unchanged though, some even lengthened (void md anyone?).

We lost tons of speed. I hate the new system, it's too slow. Sure, I can go somewhat fast with Shift + Space + Space spamming but it still takes 3x more button mashing to achieve it.

As a console player, I can tell you that spamming 2 buttons is a godsend when compared to having to press in L3, X, and L1 in a very specific order, with a delay on the receiving end of the signal... More often than not as it is I wind up just sliding when I want to fly to the moon.... I welcome the new Parkour with open arms

This new system is a little bit more complicated and need to push more button to do the same things "almost" same what we did in the previous one.

My biggest dissapointment in this system is they trashed some movement for this new spiderman like system where you can run without beign tired which moves aways from realism. The air attacks was good things to reach higher levels and used often to move to somewhere instead of using as real attack. The coptering was fun and helped for some combo in meele but now those attacks just droped.

The wall run is completely removed and changed to bunny hopping which is not really ninja like this reminds me some south korean manga adaptations and video games even chinese games where you can run in the air.

I see positives also but my opinion is instead trashing old systems completely try to check how can combine with a new one. They almost all major updates meant they removed an old system then adding new one instead of combining existing systems and make really new additions.

In short: I haven't much problem with the new one but I would like if we can keep the old ones in some form.

Parkour 2.0 may be slower than coptering with a tipedo, but it is definitely faster than coptering with a scindo prime. Just sayin.

Bullet jump off the ground, then double jump, then aim glide to clear a room in seconds. You are doing it wrong ^o^

No, I am not doing it wrong, not to mention I main melee.....gliding is USELESS with it (and f*cks up blocking while airbone). Now I can't jump up, block the rocket from a Napalm then smash into the ground because all my momentum is lost thanks to gliding. You could do all sorts of crazy things with coptering, the new system is inferior in every way.

Edit: Directional air melee is also lost (you can't hit S#&$), blocking became useless now. Only the run and gun people benefitted from this new system a bit.

Edited by Momo93

No, I am not. Bullet Jump is way too slow by default and looks ridiculous with that spin. Coptering at least had a fun feeling to it.......

You're kidding right? Bullet jump looks great, is flexible, and covers a lot of distance if you know how to chain momentum. Coptering was extremely hideous and rigid. We didn't lose speed imo or much at all. I've flew pretty long distances  with the new parkour.

Sure, because spinning in the air and flying at lightspeed across the map totally didn't look ridiculous at all.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Then you counted wrong, it's 15 missions for the old system, and also capture runs were shortened so that distorts a completion comparison. Enough other missions where traversal is just as important were left unchanged though, some even lengthened (void md anyone?).

It is entirely likely I counted wrong... I have 2 very distracting kittens.... However, that doesn't change the simplicity of the control nor the now equal movement for all weapons... I mean, don't get me wrong, the Tipedo is nice but I actually prefer my Jat Kittag and Redeemer and its a pain to be left in the dust in every mission just because I dare venture out to try different weapons... In Parkour 2.0 we can stick together as a team much easier with a larger variety of weapons and complete the same missions in a still decent amount of time...

It is entirely likely I counted wrong... I have 2 very distracting kittens.... However, that doesn't change the simplicity of the control nor the now equal movement for all weapons... I mean, don't get me wrong, the Tipedo is nice but I actually prefer my Jat Kittag and Redeemer and its a pain to be left in the dust in every mission just because I dare venture out to try different weapons... In Parkour 2.0 we can stick together as a team much easier with a larger variety of weapons and complete the same missions in a still decent amount of time...

Wishful thinking, maximum speed may have slowed down but the speed discrepancy between different setups/frames and also players is still huge. Also simplicity of the control? Coptering required less button input than the new system does.

Edited by Dunkingmachine