The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering Vs Parkour 2.0 - How Much Speed Did We Really Lose?

Dunkingmachine

Aye but you had to use certain weapons that were not so good for actually hitting things in order to #gottagofast instead.

Dual Zorens and Dual Ichors were very, very good for hitting things. It definitely limited choices, but those choices weren't necessarily bad. I haven't really seen this huge cry for coptering to come back that people keep implying either. Just lots of vets wanting Parkour 2.0 to be faster and less anti-gravity feeling.

Dual Zorens and Dual Ichors were very, very good for hitting things. It definitely limited choices, but those choices weren't necessarily bad. I haven't really seen this huge cry for coptering to come back that people keep implying either. Just lots of vets wanting Parkour 2.0 to be faster and less anti-gravity feeling.

Ichors, sure.

But Zorens?!

:3

Did you happen to notice, you could take his post and replace the word "copter" with "bullet jump" and still be 100% accurate in the new system?

Then you're completely missing the point of the parkour 2.0, or you're blatantly ignoring it. The point of the system was to make players value gameplay than speed, no matter how you try to interpret that parkour 2.0 sucks. Bullet jumping can get you out of a pinch fast by going up in the air quickly, and air gliding can provide a fun experience when you use it to aim at enemies mid-air and kill them. They are unnecessary to your eyes, but they add more depth to how we can play around, and I have been having fun with these moves.

Wall latching onto a wall also provides more depth to gameplay. Surely it's useless to you since you care nothing else beside speed.

Then you're completely missing the point of the parkour 2.0, or you're blatantly ignoring it. The point of the system was to make players value gameplay than speed, no matter how you try to interpret that parkour 2.0 sucks. Bullet jumping can get you out of a pinch fast by going up in the air quickly, and air gliding can provide a fun experience when you use it to aim at enemies mid-air and kill them. They are unnecessary to your eyes, but they add more depth to how we can play around, and I have been having fun with these moves.

Wall latching onto a wall also provides more depth to gameplay. Surely it's useless to you since you care nothing else beside speed.

Parkour 2.0 definitely seems to be more about the fun factor as opposed to usable gameplay mechanics.

More about flipping out and doing totally unnecessary, but at the same time cool, ninja moves.

You won't lose out on much, gameplay-wise, by never getting off the ground and just running and gunning after all. Like latching onto a wall and gunning everyone down in a room is cooler than just gunning them down normally, but it isn't any more effective or anything. Just... cooler.

The people who were complaining about coptering are still getting left behind because they lack the skill to keep up in P2. Keeping up full momentum os mure button/skill intensive in P2 than coptering ever was.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/false-cause

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-emotion

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/special-pleading

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ambiguity

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/composition-division

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-texas-sharpshooter

Geez. For such a short post you managed to nail all these different fallacies. 

Congratulations man, that's really tough to do.

Edited by f3llyn

Parkour 2.0 definitely seems to be more about the fun factor as opposed to usable gameplay mechanics.

More about flipping out and doing totally unnecessary, but at the same time cool, ninja moves.

You won't lose out on much, gameplay-wise, by never getting off the ground and just running and gunning after all. Like latching onto a wall and gunning everyone down in a room is cooler than just gunning them down normally, but it isn't any more effective or anything. Just... cooler.

Enemy accuracy is also decreased quite a bit while doing this. It's very noticeable when you're extremely high up & wall clinging. I do it all the time. From that spot the enemies have a straight shot at you but miss frequently, meanwhile I'm headshotting them with the Lex Prime & mowing them down with the Dex Furis. Of course, those that don't use Parkour 2.0 wouldn't know this. 

Decreased enemy accuracy is a big plus for Parkour 2.0 if you ask me. 

The problem with this comparison is that it's a False equivalent.

Random room generation, and the fact that the rooms are in no way equal in length and width and features, removes reliability from your experiment.

Hence, the results are not acceptable. 

If you ran the same, unchanging tile with the 2 systems you would have a fair test.

Not only that but you would have to run it 100+ times in both systems to ensure the accuracy of conclusions.

Edited by f3llyn

No, I am not. Bullet Jump is way too slow by default and looks ridiculous with that spin. Coptering at least had a fun feeling to it.......

Did it? Did it really? Was a glitch really that much fun? REALLY?

Damn. I must be losing my mind. Free-flowing and obviously smoother movement isn't as great as an exploited glitch. DAMN.

Did it? Did it really? Was a glitch really that much fun? REALLY?

Damn. I must be losing my mind. Free-flowing and obviously smoother movement isn't as great as an exploited glitch. DAMN.

Yes, going really really fast is fun.

okey. so we are not more flexible in how we move... now that the update has been out for nearly a week now.. whats new in everybody's day to day missions and farming routines ?

nothing!

last i recall, you dont see anyone putting the new parkour system into use. besides bullet jump thats all i see. 

while i admire DE making new changes and what not... nothing has changed,

the game will always be about efficient farming / fastest way to do (X)..

also who are you to say how people should play the game.. if people wanted to rush then so be it let them... but they should not be nerfed in a way that they have to now be on the same level as you...

people keep saying that the copter fanboys will never adapt or learn knew things and cant accept the the new 2.0 system... when last time i checked they are the ones that have adapted the most to finding new ways or rushing levels the fastest... granted there are some that wont accept it and may even quit the game now or complain about it.. but thats hardly everyone that used / was a fan of coptering.

in all honesty, id rather rush a match in under 2 mins or under 10, Than focusing or killing things that are no in any way associated with the objective at hand, and casually walking / jogging from room to room... that ends up taking either 2x longer or 3x longer in most cases..

What were you expecting? DE to re design every single tile set that they spent the last 3 or so years creating in a few short months?

You have slightly unrealistic expectations that the game would change completely just because they removed a stale and broken mechanic with one that has future growth potential.

As you said, it's only been out barely a week now. Give it a year and see if DE can't make use of the new movement system then.

I slapped on a Mobilize mod and I'm more or less traveling at the same speed that coptering did; with a lot more versatility in moving diagonally like onto new platforms and such. I'm probably even faster considering I'm not faceplanting into walls or falling out the map all the time.

Sure as hell not traversing the Corpus hangar map in a second like coptering; but that's pretty much the only case.

Holy crap, the amount of time you put into this post is worth quoting. I don't even have anything to say, you just spent so much time on this post that I want to quote it. o.o

Uh...it took like 2 minutes? No more time than it would take to type out a big long post for sure.

Uh...it took like 2 minutes? No more time than it would take to type out a big long post for sure.

I assumed you actually looked up all those terms, read everything about them to make it accurate.... Dang man... -insert dissapointment here-

Annnnyywwwayyyy...

I honestly like Parkour 2.0 as a parkour system. Yes it is slower but it works better for combat and situations where you need parkour to help you get out of bad situations. 

Edited by Feallike

But parkour 2.0 is terrible.  (Zip-lines and vertical bullet jumping are amazing though.)

So explain something to me please? Are you playing on the PC or are you actually on the PS4.

Because if you're on the PS4 how could possibly know that?

Watching videos does not give you any idea of what it actually feels like to play with.

I assumed you actually looked up all those terms, read everything about them to make it accurate.... Dang man... -insert dissapointment here-

Annnnyywwwayyyy...

I honestly like Parkour 2.0 as a parkour system. Yes it is slower but it works better for combat and situations where you need parkour to help you get out of bad situations. 

It gives accurate descriptions and examples in each link? And each page has all the other ones linked to it?

I could go through each one and point them out but that really would be spending more time on it than I want to.

It gives accurate descriptions and examples in each link? And each page has all the other ones linked to it?

I could go through each one and point them out but that really would be spending more time on it than I want to.

Which is why I was impressed. ;) I thought you spent a outragious amount of time on your post so I thought it deserved a quote.

@DesecrateFlames

The system is slower, but like I said above it is much better in combat and allows you to stun enemies which can be vital in bad situations. Most enemies in the void have a set range that they can shoot at the only exception being Gunnars and Nullies. You can litterally make 90% of the enemies useless in most missions if you use the parkour effectively. 

I do agree that the lost of speed is a huge blow to Grinding and farming in general. However overall in gameplay and combat effectiveness Parkour 2.0 was a huge buff to Tenno.

So explain something to me please? Are you playing on the PC or are you actually on the PS4.

Because if you're on the PS4 how could possibly know that?

Watching videos does not give you any idea of what it actually feels like to play with.

Primarily on the PS4. I am only like MR2 on PC. My PC runs it with all the settings at max though.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

Pretty much this. I didn't bother much after the last couple of posts. I couldn't put in to words just how terrible the reasoning was. It was something special to make me speechless.

Edit: Thanks for the site btw. Helps me a lot. 

I looked through each and honestly, only 1 or 2 don't apply. 

Edited by CoRRh

Pretty much this. I didn't bother much after the last couple of posts. I couldn't put in to words just how terrible the reasoning was. It was something special to make me speechless.

Edit: Thanks for the site btw. Helps me a lot. 

I looked through each and honestly, only 1 or 2 don't apply. 

Actually, most of them don't and he is guilty of a couple himself, but it's not really worth arguing about. It is a nice little site though.

Actually, most of them don't and he is guilty of a couple himself, but it's not really worth arguing about. It is a nice little site though.

Ugggghhh, do you want me to go through your entire side of things and explain the ones that apply? Because I can. It'd be a cool 500 posts celebration, but it's kinda late at night and I'm pretty ready for bed.