Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decrease Effigy Power Cost On Chroma?

SgtFlex

I made a concept for a Chroma augment which would probably help the energy drain problem a little.

Basically, normal energy drain but Chroma gains energy back for each sentry kill (something like 1 energy for a kill).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/512057-augment-concepts-chroma/#entry5718712

2nd Augment Idea

Edited by Gryphonium

Whats Chroma about anyway?  ive been derping with him but dont quite get how his abilties are supposed to synergize.  

His #1 is just kinda bad.....hes just stuck in a slow walk breathing his halitosis on everyone. 

His 2 and 3?  they stack together to give him insane armor or something.  #2 says it gives a Offensive Aura and Defensive magic or something, but what does it do? 

His 4, I get, pretty mcuh turns all his armor into a gun turret.

I use Ice energy.  And even after jacking his armor up and all that with his #3 at like 325% I still didnt live that long once my shields are out.  Health just dies in this game...its best to not lose shields....

To much drain?

Definitely the wrong build then. 

Try full efficiency, (primed)flow, and rage. 

With this I can go like forever(except for ancient energy drain^^)

Dude really, sometimes I don't even notice that my effigy is still up.

Ofc, you need to keep the enigine working.

Life Strike against low health.

Or "Elemental Ward"(fire).

Focusing on losing some health for energy also helps alot for "Vex Armor".(That dmg buf*_*)

The problem is how much drain it uses. Like I've stated in the OP, in the second paragraph that I stated clearly, a max efficiency build.

The problem is at max efficiency it still takes effort to keep the damn thing up constantly, and you already have to battle for that energy considering you need it for Lifestrike/2nd/3rd abilities. Chroma is extremely energy dependant to keep himself alive, and having Effigy up just makes it so much worse

I've taken chroma several times past 2 hours in T3S, but I can't use Effigy due to the power drain. Trying to use that in conjunction with an effigy hybrid build is a pure death sentence at the moment. Even with all that damage reduction and rage energy, it's simply too important to let effigy use (the energy drain on Effigy on a strength build will drain you so fast that you don't really get the opportunity to use it).

I understand that it's somewhat manageable with max efficiency, but it should also be manageable without. Without, people can't really use it due to the drain, and at max it's still not worth using it, especially with it's clunky AI at the moment.

Whats Chroma about anyway? ive been derping with him but dont quite get how his abilties are supposed to synergize.

His #1 is just kinda bad.....hes just stuck in a slow walk breathing his halitosis on everyone.

His 2 and 3? they stack together to give him insane armor or something. #2 says it gives a Offensive Aura and Defensive magic or something, but what does it do?

His 4, I get, pretty mcuh turns all his armor into a gun turret.

I use Ice energy. And even after jacking his armor up and all that with his #3 at like 325% I still didnt live that long once my shields are out. Health just dies in this game...its best to not lose shields....

If you just use powers without knowing how to build your warframe and combo them then it's useless.

I like Chroma because of his wide variety of possible builds:

1# The ice tank: Full power and duration mods, with ice element to combine vex armor with elemental ward, probably the most known build, the best for solo missions.

2# The fire support: Full power, duration and stretch mods, with elemental ward providing extra health and healing to everyone getting into the ward's AOE which is improved with stretch mods, also made for effigy for interception/mobile defense/defense missions. Probably my most used build, effective even on high levels.

3# The electricity corpus annihilator (yes I did see this at TP): same mods as above (might not need stretch mods), based on elemental ward giving extra shields and also killing everything shielded and robotic, probably the best against corpus.

4# Toxic Chroma: this... is probably the most unused build for Chroma, requiring power and duration mods, this build is focused on elemental ward and the toxic breath, bypassing shields, giving better crit chance and status chance.

You thought this was over? Hah, you can make hybrids of builds to get even more types of gameplay with Chroma!

Edited by Gryphonium

OP is right effigy is too costly a power with out sacrificing his 2 and 3 and this in combination with the rag doll CC it does when you first cast it means it does nothing for the first 5 seconds so thats 50 energy wasted or an elemental ward so as it stands right now you have 3 options efficiency builds and sacrifice his 2 and 3 or a more balanced build and hardly use his 1 and 4 or go with the risky rage build that a few people have suggested but not all of us wanna micro manage our power consumption in the middle of a battle as i said risky 1 second too long and your energys too low and you dont have the health to cast his 2 and your dead 

The problem is how much drain it uses. Like I've stated in the OP, in the second paragraph that I stated clearly, a max efficiency build.

The problem is at max efficiency it still takes effort to keep the damn thing up constantly, and you already have to battle for that energy considering you need it for Lifestrike/2nd/3rd abilities. Chroma is extremely energy dependant to keep himself alive, and having Effigy up just makes it so much worse

I've taken chroma several times past 2 hours in T3S, but I can't use Effigy due to the power drain. Trying to use that in conjunction with an effigy hybrid build is a pure death sentence at the moment. Even with all that damage reduction and rage energy, it's simply too important to let effigy use (the energy drain on Effigy on a strength build will drain you so fast that you don't really get the opportunity to use it).

I understand that it's somewhat manageable with max efficiency, but it should also be manageable without. Without, people can't really use it due to the drain, and at max it's still not worth using it, especially with it's clunky AI at the moment.

Like I've said.

Sometimes I don't even notice that the skill is still up.

With the suggested build it is pretty much a nobrainer.

Just put it down on a crowded place and leave it their. 

Then I go and clear the rest, comeback, say "hi" to my pelt and put it back on.

This and ,when I need it where I currently am, are the only times where I call it back.

T4 and still no problems with the drain.

Ofc, no effiency at all, drains a lot but thats the point of an effiency build.

Clunky A.I? Well I only need my pelt for cc- stunlock, not for killing(Thats why I am in the run). He is not a summoner.

And the pelt is does this Job fine^^