The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Allow An Option To Revert Back To Parkour 1.0 For Each Tenno?

JohnMorte

Why not? I cannot see any good reason to why not just allow Parkour 1.0 to remain as an option for tenno, in case they like the old style of movement.

Just a thought in order to make some people a bit happier.

Edited by 3goats

Because its too much for such a request and besides DE wasnt satisfied with the old parkour so they made a new parkour which fits better for what they want, not to mention that old parkour also was broken

Edited by Aeon66

Because that means any new content that supports parkour 2.0 will be forced so that it's compatible with parkour 1.0 as well

It just adds too many difficulties, and players just need to get used to the new system

Edited by SgtFlex

I seriously don't understand how there's people who don't like this new system.

To be blunt, coptering does has its small charm with the ease of access of ludicrous speeds (note: I am enjoying Parkour 2.0 despite that, just in case anyone uses the reply and accuses me of not willing to adapt.). 

Anyways, there are a few minor things from the old system that the new system should not have thrown away, such as throwing away the ability to crouch down while holding down any direction key(s). 

I seriously don't understand how there's people who don't like this new system.

Allright, let me explain then.

Parkour 2.0 is not that horrible as people claim howeever there are some issues with it from my experience.

First thing first the infamous coptering vs new bullet jump, i for one don't really care about removal of coptering howeever i feel like for something that i will use the most i still have to use 2-3 buttons, i don't know what bullet jump exactly improved upon, seems same old to me.

The wall jumping, i feel the controls are bit off and wonky, it lacks precision, another that sometimes it won't initiate after bulletjump.

Sticking on the wall, there are still couple of wall types where it won't work.

In conclusion, the direction is good but it still needs major improvements, that said i still enjoy it.

Edited by Morgax

So these "Optional 1.0 version" threads have started appearing now. Also it's unlikely, 1.0 version has stamina, with stamina and without any stamina mods it's not gonna work.

Not that I agree with optional 1.0 version but there was no point using stamina mods...

People need to get used to the new system.

You're confusing "getting used to" with being unhappy with the way parkour 2.0 turned. It didn't take me long to get used to parkour 2.0. I'm just not enjoying it nearly as much as parkour 1.0 and what it brought to the table.

Because its too much for such a request and besides DE wasnt satisfied with the old parkour so they made a new parkour which fits better for what they want, not to mention that old parkour also was broken

Parkour 2.0 is broken as well imo, with tilesets not being updated for it.

What about all the people who aren't satisfied with parkour 2.0? Should they go ahead and just pound sand for having deviant thoughts?

Because the developers saw it as outdated and have since completely dropped support for it-- it wouldn't make any sense to turn around and let people use the old broken nonsense when going forward everything's going to be done with the new system in mind.

Actually, updating parkour 1.0 and polishing out a current set of moves and actions would make more sense than attempting to shoehorn in a new set of moves without much notice or thought of how people may feel about it.

Because that means any new content that supports parkour 2.0 will be forced so that it's compatible with parkour 1.0 as well

It just adds too many difficulties, and players just need to get used to the new system

So instead of polishing 1.0 to be updated as well as keeping some key mechanics in that people enjoyed is more difficult than forcing a new system as well as updating all previous tilesets to be compatible with 2.0?

What?

So these "Optional 1.0 version" threads have started appearing now. Also it's unlikely, 1.0 version has stamina, with stamina and without any stamina mods it's not gonna work.

Stamina was useless overall. Parkour 1.0 could have been kept, and just thrown away stamina as it was almost completely useless in every facet of the imagination.

Nope.

Get used to it, because the new system's here to stay.

And besides, having the two systems just makes it more difficult to balance everything out.

So the people dissatisfied with the new parkour can go ahead and eat dirt?

Gotcha.

Seriously what a dumb question.

"Why can't DE enable damage 1.0 for those who want it?"

There is a large and functional difference between "damage types" which affect what weapons you take, how you think about modding, how you assess damage, assessing how you engage certain enemies, how much damage players can tank, and more

versus

how you move about levels.

Are you kidding ? This is such a stupid request.

Your contribution to the topic has been noted.

Edited by 3goats

There is a large and functional difference between "damage types" which affect what weapons you take, how you think about modding, how you assess damage, assessing how you engage certain enemies, how much damage players can tank, and more

versus

No.

There isn't.

Both are handled by the host and from the programming point of view you would need to make damage 1.0 squads or parkour 1.0 squads.

And no dev will do such a thing. You can get controls toggled between new and old version, hud maybe. Eventually skins. But no dev will enable toggling game mechanics for every client. 

You're confusing "getting used to" with being unhappy with the way parkour 2.0 turned. It didn't take me long to get used to parkour 2.0. I'm just not enjoying it nearly as much as parkour 1.0 and what it brought to the table.

Parkour 2.0 is broken as well imo, with tilesets not being updated for it.

What about all the people who aren't satisfied with parkour 2.0? Should they go ahead and just pound sand for having deviant thoughts?

Actually, updating parkour 1.0 and polishing out a current set of moves and actions would make more sense than attempting to shoehorn in a new set of moves without much notice or thought of how people may feel about it.

So instead of polishing 1.0 to be updated as well as keeping some key mechanics in that people enjoyed is more difficult than forcing a new system as well as updating all previous tilesets to be compatible with 2.0?

What?

Stamina was useless overall. Parkour 1.0 could have been kept, and just thrown away stamina as it was almost completely useless in every facet of the imagination.

Gotcha.

versus

Your contribution to the topic has been noted.

I'm gonna be straight with you.

Yes they can go and eat dirt. They're simpy refusing to adapt and that's what happens when they don't. Whine all they want but DE will simply not entirely bring back an entirely old system. Instead the players should learn to use this one and try to help DE improve it.

Gotcha.

Yeah, that basically sums it up.

If you're unsatisfied with the new parkour, then work towards making it better by sharing your opinion. Provide reason why the old system's better than the new one, so the new one can become better.

DE won't make it an option not just because it's a huge waste of code, but because it's blatantly refusing to help the game get objectively better.

Seriously who are they to be satisfied with it or not, do they even play the game ? Since my first day on warframe I was mind blown by the liberty in movement, maneuvers I hadn't seen in any other TPS, the fact that wall running wasn't even messed up by irregular surfaces. So many things were good, and I also believe that we should be given choice in our maneuvers. Helping Parkour 2.0 to "evolve" into something more old school will not help at all, it's gonna take years.

DE won't make it an option not just because it's a huge waste of code, but because it's blatantly refusing to help the game get objectively better.

Great, but what if the game was actually better before ? How are we supposed to help ?

Great, but what if the game was actually better before ? How are we supposed to help ?

You're already helping by discussing this. If you want to help more, then get more people to discuss it.

I'm pretty sure the next community hot topic will get some sort of "Parkour 1.0. vs Parkour 2.0." poll, so look forward to that.

You're already helping by discussing this. If you want to help more, then get more people to discuss it.

I'm pretty sure the next community hot topic will get some sort of "Copter. vs Parkour 2.0." poll, so look forward to that.

FTFY

No.

There isn't.

Both are handled by the host and from the programming point of view you would need to make damage 1.0 squads or parkour 1.0 squads.

And no dev will do such a thing. You can get controls toggled between new and old version, hud maybe. Eventually skins. But no dev will enable toggling game mechanics for every client. 

I fear you have misunderstood me.

From a global vantage point, I don't see the need to force parkour 2.0 on everyone. The math, the animations are there for 1.0 and 2.0, and I do not think that enabling a set of rules which might cost 10 MB worth of data in the long run more for the gamefiles is going to be such a chore when the end result is everyone gets a set of movement which they like.

Damage 1.0, I wasn't around for that, but I'd feel like it would be a much bigger change to the entire game if they enabled players to switch to damage 1.0 or 2.0 freely.

But the movement set? It's just a different way to move about levels. Enabling a client to play in parkour 1.0 or 2.0 rules wouldn't really ruin anyone's fun in Warframe, would it?

Yes they can go and eat dirt. They're simpy refusing to adapt and that's what happens when they don't. Whine all they want but DE will simply not entirely bring back an entirely old system. Instead the players should learn to use this one and try to help DE improve it.

Who said they were unwilling to adapt? It took me very little time to get acclimated to the new set of movement and parkour rules, but I do not feel like it is a step forward for the movement of Warframe, merely a sidegrade at best. From raw movement speed to being able to scale more effectively vertically, but if you actually wanna go somewhere, and get there fast, then you're pretty short on luck.

So anyone who complains about the new system and how they feel about it (even though they have played both systems and know both types of movement very well) are just not adapting to it?

Really?

Yeah, that basically sums it up.

If you're unsatisfied with the new parkour, then work towards making it better by sharing your opinion. Provide reason why the old system's better than the new one, so the new one can become better.

But the thing is, they are sharing their opinion. From various things like how people don't like the fact that coptering got removed, or wallrunning, or how jumping in the air like a ballerina isn't very ninja-like, feedback is happening.

How is it a waste of code to enable a set of old animations and mathematical rules to allow the old system of movement to occur?

A few animations would have to be switched up to allow for frames to use 1.0 or 2.0, as well as different mathematical equations to calculate how fast someone's moving, we're talking like, what, 10 MB of extra data in our files?

Is that really "wasting code"? And making players happy and enjoy the game to their rules makes the game objectively worse?

Edited by 3goats

Then I am going to be straight with you sir.

I am a paying player of this game. I pay to support a game I know and love, not a game I dislike or feel the need to bang my head against a wall when my "updated movement system" doesn't work nearly as well as the old. I have played this game for two years now and I expect people to be better than this. People are not supposed to say "deal with it or GTFO", that is not constructive, that is not polite, that will kill this game's population, and eventually the game.

I can tell you I am almost certainly not the only one. If I know DE then they will likely not remove it sadly to say. They shot themselves in the foot with their time and effort they put into it.

I would suggest unnerfing directional melee, increasing our speed so that it doesn't feel like coptering was a better thing than the new system, change the horizontal movement from "wallhopping" back to "wallrunning" while keeping vertical movement as wallhopping, remove the mods for the new movement system and instead use them as the basic movement or at least remove the mod cost of putting them in the exilus mod slot.

I cannot play a game where the basic movement of it is unfriendly and ultimately detrimental to me.

Who said they were unwilling to adapt? It took me very little time to get acclimated to the new set of movement and parkour rules, but I do not feel like it is a step forward for the movement of Warframe, merely a sidegrade at best. From raw movement speed to being able to scale more effectively vertically, but if you actually wanna go somewhere, and get there fast, then you're pretty short on luck.

So anyone who complains about the new system and how they feel about it (even though they have played both systems and know both types of movement very well) are just not adapting to it?

Really?

But the thing is, they are sharing their opinion. From various things like how people don't like the fact that coptering got removed, or wallrunning, or how jumping in the air like a ballerina isn't very ninja-like, feedback is happening.

(Snipped a few things to make it shorter and outline what I liked.)

And you hit the issue with people like him right on the nose OP. Nice.

Frankly I do like the increased freedom of movement (even if it is clunky as hell) but I do not like the freedom of movement being gimped in other areas (like with melee as it makes melee quite annoying to use effectively). 

I fear you have misunderstood me.

From a global vantage point, I don't see the need to force parkour 2.0 on everyone. The math, the animations are there for 1.0 and 2.0, and I do not think that enabling a set of rules which might cost 10 MB worth of data in the long run more for the gamefiles is going to be such a chore when the end result is everyone gets a set of movement which they like.

Damage 1.0, I wasn't around for that, but I'd feel like it would be a much bigger change to the entire game if they enabled players to switch to damage 1.0 or 2.0 freely.

But the movement set? It's just a different way to move about levels. Enabling a client to play in parkour 1.0 or 2.0 rules wouldn't really ruin anyone's fun in Warframe, would it?

Really?

How is it a waste of code to enable a set of old animations and mathematical rules to allow the old system of movement to occur?

A few animations would have to be switched up to allow for frames to use 1.0 or 2.0, as well as different mathematical equations to calculate how fast someone's moving, we're talking like, what, 10 MB of extra data in our files?

Is that really "wasting code"? And making players happy and enjoy the game to their rules makes the game objectively worse?

Although you do not feel like it's a major improvement I and I'm sure many others do. Parkour 2.0's current popular "issues" are displeasing aesthetics at most and some of the actual problems really just require tweaks here and there like wall latch camera.

You're using Parkour wrong if you think it's slower than parkour 1.0 unless you're secretly saying parkour 1.0 is copter.