Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sharkwing Transition Needs To Be Free Flowing, Not Sticky

AdunSaveMe

The way you get out of the water now is as bad as, if not worse than, the old sticky parkour. You have to fly up into the surface for a while, spamming sprint and space, until you finally hit the minuscule exit point and get flung out into a pre-chosen spot.

How it should work is the same way it works going in. Sprint up at the surface, go THROUGH it, sharkwing disappears as your momentum carries you into the air, and leaves you free to double jump away or float to the ground.

Like a dolphin beaching itself. But with more space magic and guns and a bit less grace.

The biggest thing it needs is to not change you off of the weapon you had before you entered the sharkwing. I hate having to pull my melee back out during Regor's third phase.

It helps if you just leap up to where he is when he goes to break the second window.

Saves the trouble of switching weapons and trying to deal with the awful single-location transition trigger.

The issue lies in the mechanics of switching between modes. It's not as simple as that, and the reason it feels so sticky is because it's a necessary speed bump. If you notice, you'll see that the screen flashes 'red' momentarily - that's because your health and shields are being switched over. 

While I agree that there needs to be a better way of handling it, I'm sad to say that the way you propose will be kinda difficult to foresee being added. Not least because of the beaching whale analogy, that was marvelous.

Edited by SurryCurry

Not least because of the beaching whale analogy, that was marvelous.

Of course it was. I'm hilarious.

While I agree that there needs to be a better way of handling it, I'm sad to say that the way you propose will be kinda difficult to foresee being added.

Difficult, yes, but with the mind of someone who knows nothing about developing games, I look at something like the transition into water, and it just seems so much simpler. If they can't do that in reverse, they could at LEAST expand the trigger areas for the actual transition, or make it happen just without having to fly into the solid water surface for half a minute.