Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo Where Is My Catapult Bounce 2.0 At De ?

DraccoDoom

Finally, someone understanding what I'm getting at, thank you sir.

I know how you feel.

I directed your thread and the same images to my clanmates and they immediately assumed that I want the "buggy fling" back instead of this improved one.

How is this teleport speed?

The key of the old wallrunslingshots is that they were easy to learn, but hard to master. You need timing, good decision making and knowledge about the capabilities of your movement tools. Everyone can do one little slingshot, but connecting 3 or 4 of them feels awesome and ninja and it has a reason that you almost never saw people, who were able to do it. It was controllable, because it had always the same speed (you were able to decide whether you need a little sling or a big one ... ). And it was not buggy, because the slingshot bug already got fixed in u14. This after-u14 slingshot was intentional.

What happened to this two ways of moving?

RqGaWBk.gif

and

3HPwdlF.gif

This is exactly what parkour 2.0 needs: some speed. The slingshots needed some polished animation and controls for every direction, but what we got, is a bulletjump, which is in fact only the old glaive directional melee.

this is "old" parkour 2.0 which got scraped because it "wasnt big enough change" >_>, instead we have new parkour 2.0 that demands even more spamming of buttons then parkour 1.0, my pinky finger is killing me from using new parkour, someone told me to get mouse button with side buttons to make parkour 2.0 to keep my fingers from hurting, if change to parkour makes you buy new mouse  to be usable and keep your fingers healthy I would say something got wrong during design process of new parkour....

New parkour is complete oposite of what steve promised us, it was supposed to be better for health of our hands not oposite.