Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Tips For Falling Asleep?

VivaNyanCat

Recently I've been having trouble falling asleep.

Why, a few days ago marked my fourth day of staying awake, but I fell asleep that day, so that's good.

Does anybody here have any tips'n tricks for not staying awake?

This non-existent sleep schedule of mine is more troubling than my sleep paralysis now, as I have schooling to get ready for.

So....

Post yer tips'n tricks below.

Short-term: Sleeping pills. 

Long-term: Do not use any electronics with a bright screen twenty to thirty minutes before sleeping, and pull all the curtains to prevent any light coming into your room when you sleep. 

I hate sleeping pills, or anything that basically changes my state of mind.

But the other tip sounds useful...

Thanks!

I hate sleeping pills, or anything that basically changes my state of mind.

I suggested that because if your sleeping disorder is severe and you have schooling to get ready for, it would allow you to at least get some rest before schooling. It is not the best solution, as natural sleeping will generally be better, but it would be better than enduring your sleeping disorder and having lack of rest. 

wake up earlier then usual. That will make you want to sleep ealier in the day. I do it when i have something important to go to.

Do not use any electronics with a bright screen twenty to thirty minutes before sleeping, and pull all the curtains to prevent any light coming into your room when you sleep.

I can say both above have worked for me. However, I usually stop using electronic an hour before I try to sleep.

Reading a book within that hour timeline does wonders.

I suggested that because if your sleeping disorder is severe and you have schooling to get ready for, it would allow you to at least get some rest before schooling. It is not the best solution, as natural sleeping will generally be better, but it would be better than enduring your sleeping disorder and having lack of rest. 

If only I knew how to post 

"boss, take it easy on those pills"

Yeah, I know that...

But whenever I take any of those, I get a massive headache.

I'll consider doing that if I'm really having trouble with this.

Edited by VivaNyanCat

For me watching youtube video's while lying down gets me sleepy instantly. So I fall asleep while staring at a screen. While if I had played games I could've stayed up all night. Not healthy I know but hey its a method.

I personally enjoy a hot cup of tea, but I also am 'immune' to the effects of caffeine. (Apparently, my genes dictate that I break it down very rapidly and my ADD causes it to be a very short lived calming instead of hype, but i digress.) Then, I normally listen to some music and live in my own little mental construct. 

There are many ways on falling asleep. Taking a hot bath or a shower can help you falling asleep.

If you are an elderly, a cup of coffee can help. Yes.

Back when i was working in an elderly home center or whatever it is called, there was one old man who couldnt sleep, unless he got his coffee

I personally enjoy a hot cup of tea, but I also am 'immune' to the effects of caffeine. (Apparently, my genes dictate that I break it down very rapidly and my ADD causes it to be a very short lived calming instead of hype, but i digress.) Then, I normally listen to some music and live in my own little mental construct.

Hm... so it's not just me. Pretty much the same with my ADHD, I usually turn everything with light off and then put on some music. I get lost in thought and end up putting myself to sleep.

Hm... so it's not just me. Pretty much the same with my ADHD, I usually turn everything with light off and then put on some music. I get lost in thought and end up putting myself to sleep.

ADD/ADHD is one hell of a drug. Downers are uppers and uppers are downers. I'm also in a constant state of indifference caused by APD. So, life is strange to me. lol 

It's advised against doing anything mentally stimulating before going to bed, such as watching an intense horror film, or playing a game like Warframe, in fact.

Associating your bedroom primarily with sleep is also a good practice, I'm told. So minimizing the amount of other activities you do there during waking hours (working, playing games, watching films, etc.) - that being said I'm sat on my bed as I type this :P

I find a meditative-type breathing exercise can work really well for clearing the mind whilst laid in bed. Close your eyes, take deep, slow breaths, focusing your mind on your breathing, the sensation of the air moving through your sinuses. It does wonders for keeping your head clear of other thoughts.

Pills such as Zoplicone can knock you out if you're really in a bind, but I wouldn't recommend them.

Hope you find some respite for it man. Must suck not being able to sleep for that long.