The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Get Players To Buy Your Prime Parts And Mods More Often?

C-Core

I've been trying to sell a ton of prime parts and mods recently, but absolutely no-one wants to buy them. I don't know why, because a lot of them are decently rare, heck, no-one even wanted to buy my loki prime systems. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get people to buy your gear? Because I'm getting nowhere.

easiest way is lower your prices if you wanna sell something that is usually 10p sell it for 5p-8p. yes you will make a little less but you will sell more stuff if you go a little cheaper then everyone else but you will find you get a lot more trades in the end making more platinum

Like someone mentioned above, lower your prices.

I sell at much lower prices than what I see on trading chat.

This way, I dont have bunch of prime pieces just sitting in my inventory and I dont have to spend minutes retyping same msg over and over in trading.

Seriously, sometimes ppl pay me extra plat cuz my prices are so low. 

Well just my own personal thing but I do spend alot of time sitting on the trade channel, buying and selling...

*If there is no price > I dont read

*If its all CAPS > I dont read

*If its one of those stupid yelling, cursing, crazy slang snizzle speaking > I dont read

*If the price is 20 times higher then normal, I fall out of my chair laughing

If the ad is easy to read, has a set asking price and the price is normal or below > I read it and think about it

Edited by Zaruko

I've been trying to sell a ton of prime parts and mods recently, but absolutely no-one wants to buy them. I don't know why, because a lot of them are decently rare, heck, no-one even wanted to buy my loki prime systems. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get people to buy your gear? Because I'm getting nowhere.

Well you specifically mention Loki Prime Systems which is no longer rare.  Why? Because everybody and their brother is grabbing Mesa and nuke farming T4D over and over.  Loki Prime Systems drops in T4D and thus is becoming more common and less valuable in trade.  

Another unfortunate side effect of the new and boring Peacemaker Mesa Meta.

Gonna have to agree with with lowering your prices, If you are trying to sell something you need to realize you aren't going to get top dollar unless someone is really desperate for it.

Trying to gouge prices is why i laugh at people selling parts for almost 200% what they are worth. For instance, recently bought a Braton prime full set for about 25 plat the 1st 10 message i got were trying to sell the entire set for almost 150.

Just a quick tip if you are selling a mod/ Prime part and you havent sold it in at least 1hr chances are your prices is WAY too damn high

Well you specifically mention Loki Prime Systems which is no longer rare. Why? Because everybody and their brother is grabbing Mesa and nuke farming T4D over and over. Loki Prime Systems drops in T4D and thus is becoming more common and less valuable in trade.

Another unfortunate side effect of the new and boring Peacemaker Mesa Meta.

Since Ash Prime Loki Systems now drop on t3 sabotage missions. I got 3 in 3 missions... so it's even less rare

sell a set, sell each part of that set for half the price of the full set

So if you are selling X set for 100 plat, and someone asks for the BP only, sell it to them for 50 p.

And this is a prime example on how to NOT sell an item.

If you are selling for instance frost prime and someone asks for the BP only do the SMART thing. 4 parts you were originally selling the set for 100 plat. if they want the BP only 35 plat is a MORE then reasonable price for just the BP. Not only are you getting what you'd be getting if you'd sell the entire set but you are getting a small bonus since they are making you break the set up.

Trying to gouge the price is how you quickly end up on an Ignore List

And this is a prime example on how to NOT sell an item.

If you are selling for instance frost prime and someone asks for the BP only do the SMART thing. 4 parts you were originally selling the set for 100 plat. if they want the BP only 35 plat is a MORE then reasonable price for just the BP. Not only are you getting what you'd be getting if you'd sell the entire set but you are getting a small bonus since they are making you break the set up.

Trying to gouge the price is how you quickly end up on an Ignore List

Lol, no.  Do you think the ASH Prime BP has the same value as the chassis?

If they want both of the hardest to obtain parts (which account for the majority of the time invested) then they can pay full price. Also, I regularly get people willing to pay half or almost half for the systems and chassis for Nova Prime.

I usually charge 120 Plat for a Nova set or 50 per part. It's still my biggest seller.