Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Year Of Quality Post. Ammo For Secondary Launchers Bug. When It Will Be Fixed?

Necr0Ra1se

wow... so you never played mercury survival?

Played it yesterday for just over 45 minutes.  I have done so many times before.  My standard practice for leveling gear is Apollodorus, Mercury to get my gear to rank 10+, then Mimas, Saturn to rank it the remainder to 30, so I have run this mission probably a couple hundred times at this point.

And if you had actually read my words instead of skimming them, you'd see I said "...they are extremely rare on Mercury everywhere except the one Survival node..."  I acknowledged that they DO appear in survival.  They just don't appear anywhere else on Mercury.  They also don't appear even there until 15-20 minutes.  (My 25+ minutes statement was an exaggeration, I agree.  The point remains valid, though.)

And that's the point.  My Kulstar does not have 15 minutes of ammo upon spawning into the mission.  If ammo had to drop only from enemies that logically carried it, there would be no Bombards for me to kill for the first 15 minutes or so, thus the reason that solution won't work.

You can't fix what isn't broken ;)

But no, I don't agree with DE's cosmic juice box logic. Bows and launchers share an ammo type out of convenience, not because they literally fire the exact same ammo. Even if the ammo boxes themselves are evenly distributed between the two weapons (5 arrows and 5 rockets per pickup) the reserves themselves should be treated as separate entities.

You can't fix what isn't broken ;)

But no, I don't agree with DE's cosmic juice box logic. Bows and launchers share an ammo type out of convenience, not because they literally fire the exact same ammo. Even if the ammo boxes themselves are evenly distributed between the two weapons (5 arrows and 5 rockets per pickup) the reserves themselves should be treated as separate entities.

But they are not even treated as the same actual 'juice box ammo'

Primary Launchers use Rifle/Arrow/Sniper mutation

(Attica uses Arrows but behaves like Rifle Ammo....not lowered by Secondary Launchers despite using 'special ammo'....it basically is using Rifle ammo but textually saying 'Bows')

Secondary Launchers use Pistol or Primed Pistol Ammo mutation

I don't see why Secondary Launchers cannot have the attica treatment.

If you take, say, a liter of water, split it between two glasses, then proceed to drink one glass completely empty, why would the second glass be empty as well? This is a huge design flaw, imo. Secondary launchers need to use secondary ammo again, but reduced. We KNOW they can tinker with the amount of reserve ammo, as they did it with the Twin Grakatas, for example.

Then again...every time a thread like this pops up, I cannot help but think:

"You see Ivan, when load rockets into bow..."

BRILLIANTLY said. I encourage DE to try and counter THIS with a response that makes logical sense... Oh wait, they CAN'T!

This feature must go. I don't understand how arrows can be loaded in my kulstar. 

Agreed. Bringing back the "Launcher" Ammo type would be a welcome change to the current band-aid fix that's currently messing with our ammo pools.

Look at how many Bows (Arrows) Attica picks-up....

They can have Secondary Launchers pickup a max of 5 or 10 Secondary Pistol Ammo, so that they are not 'infinite ammo' without mutation mod.

Having Secondary and Primary ammo pools shared just gimps a weapon load out type.

*I am serious about comparing how many Arrows an Attica picks-up combated to other Bow weapons* (They altered/adjusted ammo pick-ups in favor of the higher capacity Attica....they can trim down Pistol ammo pick-ups for Secondary Pistol Launcher weapons)

That's true too. Tbh I'm not sure why explosive pistols couldn't just keep using pistol ammo, but receive reduced ammo per pickup and have a small reserve max. In my experience weapons like the Castanas and Angstrum are lot more frivolous with their ammo than, say, the Ogris or Penta, so even if pistol ammo is common it would balance itself out.

Edited by Paradoxbomb