The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Yesterday I Woke Up And My Heart Nearly Exploded.

JetPhox

Some brief backstory for this tale: I live just outside a major city, right where the woods start.

I'm also a recreationist historical fencer (German Longsword), so I have a number of two-handed European swords laying about my house. Most of them are blunt or made of wood, but I have one sharp sword I use to practice cutting things. Cutting the air and cutting an object are, as you might expect, very different, and it's a critical part of recreating techniques from old fighting manuals. My sharp sword lays against a corner very close to my bed, mostly because I like the asthetics of keeping it there.

Yesterday, I groggily entered back into the realm of the concious, hearing chirping and squarbling outside. Birds often take up residence in the tree outside my bedroom window, so birdsong isn't an unusual thing for me to wake up to. Yet something in the back of my brain told me, in this haze of sleep, that something was wrong.

*PWEE*

I blinked. The next thing I know, I'm up out of bed, my heart is slamming its way along inside my ribcage, and I'm lunging out of bed to grab for the handle of my sword.

*Pweeeeee.*

Wait, the Stalker doesn't sound like that. And this isn't Warframe. And I'm not a Tenno. And that is not a nikana I'm holding.

Sure enough, some species of lark or finch had taken up residence in the tree outside my bedroom, and that morning, they decided to do their best Stalker impersonation. I glared at them a while once I had my clothes on. Bastards.

I've been playing Warframe too much.

I found baby sparrows in my grill and the mother hasn't returned to feed them.

So I've been trying to feed them seeds through an eyedropper and giving them water.

"You shouldn't mess with nature."

"The mother will never come back if a human touches them"

My counter to that is that we are "nature" and the second saying is a myth.

Off-topic, but it relates to the thread.

Next you'll start freaking out over broken light fixtures.

Then you'll have a strange urge to become a farmer and buy a tractor.

I already do have the urge to move to Prince Edward Island. S#&$. D:

I found baby sparrows in my grill and the mother hasn't returned to feed them.

So I've been trying to feed them seeds through an eyedropper and giving them water.

"You shouldn't mess with nature."

"The mother will never come back if a human touches them"

My counter to that is that we are "nature" and the second saying is a myth.

Off-topic, but it relates to the thread.

They're probably kinda doomed though no matter what unless the mother comes back :/ They learn how to fly by being pushed out of the nest, they need constant food, protection... Nice efforts though :(

Some brief backstory for this tale: I live just outside a major city, right where the woods start.

I'm also a recreationist historical fencer (German Longsword), so I have a number of two-handed European swords laying about my house. Most of them are blunt or made of wood, but I have one sharp sword I use to practice cutting things. Cutting the air and cutting an object are, as you might expect, very different, and it's a critical part of recreating techniques from old fighting manuals. My sharp sword lays against a corner very close to my bed, mostly because I like the asthetics of keeping it there.

Yesterday, I groggily entered back into the realm of the concious, hearing chirping and squarbling outside. Birds often take up residence in the tree outside my bedroom window, so birdsong isn't an unusual thing for me to wake up to. Yet something in the back of my brain told me, in this haze of sleep, that something was wrong.

*PWEE*

I blinked. The next thing I know, I'm up out of bed, my heart is slamming its way along inside my ribcage, and I'm lunging out of bed to grab for the handle of my sword.

*Pweeeeee.*

Wait, the Stalker doesn't sound like that. And this isn't Warframe. And I'm not a Tenno. And that is not a nikana I'm holding.

Sure enough, some species of lark or finch had taken up residence in the tree outside my bedroom, and that morning, they decided to do their best Stalker impersonation. I glared at them a while once I had my clothes on. Bastards.

I've been playing Warframe too much.

you know your playing warframe so much....that nature is trolling you :P

Yes, ran into this sort of moment a few times, though wake up quick enough that I don't have the blade (or generic weapon, cleavers anyone?) in hand.  That said, haven't ran into the Stalker in ages.  Starting to miss him. I do hope he's okay! (Stockholm syndrome, >.>)