The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Kulstar And Dread Share Ammo Pool When Simultaneously Equipped

Arnvis

Firing an arrow from Dread will bring down the ammo left in Kulstar by one, and reloading the Kulstar will reduce the amount of arrows left in Dread. Also, I am starting with only 30 arrows for Dread, and have 30 as the max.

I made a similar post about this issue a while back, and fellow players agreed that it limited player choice. I don't see why it would be so hard to let each weapon (Dread/Angstrum, Paris Prime/Kulstar) have their own respective ammo maxes when used in tandem.

I just don't use Snipers/Bows/Launchers when I use secondaries that pull from the same ammo pool.

Hopefully it gets changed someday. Because I'd like to use the Ogris and Kulstar Explosivo combo sometime soon >:)

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

I'm pretty sure that DE has said that while this situation is not optimal it is working as intended. This problem arose back when DE nerfed explosive/heavy weapons ammunition count. As they changed all primary and secondary heavy weapons to use sniper ammo (same ammo as bows), this resulted the "feature" you are experiencing.

Here are DERebeccas answers in the other thread:

The logic may be a juice box with a finite max volume suddenly has two straws drawing from it's contents instead of one - so we split the contents evenly. What currently stands is it is by design - if you disagree with this, that's fine, but remain respectful and understanding that a design decision can be debated, but may not change.

All things considered, at least in my experiences, ammo capacity is a system that can be actively 'defeated' with the use of restores, mods, and the active slaughter of enemies and collection of the rather abundant ammo drops.

Haha you are recalling correctly - there have been (and I suppose will continue to be) debates both internal and external. The current verdict is by design.

Original thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/410743-paris-prime-has-30-arrows/

This thread was on first page of the search results so in the future I suggest using search function before posting a thread.