The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pvp] Buzzlock - Interesting Concept But The Difficulty With Applying Tracer Makes Gun Hard To Use.

-InV-igo95862

Its tracer has some slow travel speed even with Blind Shot. (plus it becomes inaccurate) Right now I only managed to hit a tracer on a target standing still or staggered target. But in that time I could have killed them with higher damage gun.

Also, if you missed the tracer your gun becomes almost unusable as all the shots will go in to the floor or wall.

I think its tracer should be hit scan but have lower duration. (so that missed tracers won't screw you up for half minute)

I haven´t tested it yet but shouldn´t a hit with the tracer be a sure kill? No way should that be hit scan.

Its DPS is really low.  17 damage most of which is impact (aka worst damage) You will lose man fight to any other weapon. Projectiles are quite slow and visible and have terrible accuracy on tracked targets.

Please don't buff its damage. I want weapons to be chosen on their unique properties not DPS.

Edited by igo95862

No, the tracker is perfectly fine. The Buzlok is meant to be a merger of a skill weapon and a spray-n-pray weapon. It's meant to allow you to spray and hope for kills similar to boltor P and other full autos, yet you can line up skill shots like a daikyu. However, the DPS is so incredibly low that you don't have even the slightest chance on either. Even if you get a tag, you can pump someone full of bullets for a solid 5 seconds and barely leave a dent.

It just needs a significant damage buff. It would work well as having very similar damage to boltor prime, because it would be a slightly worse weapon due to accuracy and travel time. Yet, it would still be rewarding enough to use a tracker, but not too OP. Enough to guarantee a kill, but not immediately.

Edited by PhaseShifted

No, the tracker is perfectly fine. The Buzlok is meant to be a merger of a skill weapon and a spray-n-pray weapon. It's meant to allow you to spray and hope for kills similar to boltor P and other full autos, yet you can line up skill shots like a daikyu. However, the DPS is so incredibly low that you don't have even the slightest chance on either. Even if you get a tag, you can pump someone full of bullets for a solid 5 seconds and barely leave a dent.

It just needs a significant damage buff. It would work well as having very similar damage to boltor prime, because it would be a slightly worse weapon due to accuracy and travel time. Yet, it would still be rewarding enough to use a tracker, but not too OP. Enough to guarantee a kill, but not immediately.

No, don't buff damage. Buff tracer. It makes weapon unique. Otherwise all weapons would be just too similar.

No, don't buff damage. Buff tracer. It makes weapon unique. Otherwise all weapons would be just too similar.

uhh what exactly is there to buff about the tracer? Even if you automatically lock onto an enemy the fraction of a second you see them, you still have to shoot a clip and a half to kill. It's not a problem getting traces on an enemy, the problem is that you can't kill them even if every single bullet you shoot lands.

uhh what exactly is there to buff about the tracer? Even if you automatically lock onto an enemy the fraction of a second you see them, you still have to shoot a clip and a half to kill. It's not a problem getting traces on an enemy, the problem is that you can't kill them even if every single bullet you shoot lands.

The tracer takes up 10 shots from memory, maybe that should be lowered to something like 5. And as someone else suggested previously, make the tracer projectile almost hitscan.

Pretty much anything that can conserve ammo for the actual shots.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

The tracer takes up 10 shots from memory, maybe that should be lowered to something like 5. And as someone else suggested previously, make the tracer projectile almost hitscan.

Pretty much anything that can conserve ammo for the actual shots.

First of all, the tracer doesn't need to take any less ammo. It has a 75 round clip, that gives you 7 shots to hit, and then you can reload and kill someone. All I'm saying is that it shouldn't take a full clip afterwards to kill. Second, if you were able to trace easier, then they wouldn't be able to buff the damage as much. Getting a good trace should take skill, and you should be rewarded with being able to do half decent damage.

Lastly, they don't buff that kinda stuff anyway. It's a policy that they don't buff game elements of weapons such as travel speed. I don't see people complaining that the daikyu needs to be hitscan, nor do I see complaints about how the vectis should have travel time. Why? That's how the weapons work. By changing such integral parts, it's no longer the same weapon. Buzlok needs a buff, not a rework.

There's also a guidance problem maybe because the bullets are so slow. I hit a guy with a tracer, unloaded a clip into him as he was chasing me with melee. So imagine a target 3 meters away from you coming straight at you as you move backward. Every shot somehow managed to miss. I stopped and shot him at point blank eventually getting cut down. What happened was the tag was on the side of his body and somehow the bullets always steered away from him rather than toward.

It needs a slightly faster projectile speed and the ability to turn of the tracer round.

Make it hit scan.

Buzzlock can be a unique long range chasing weapon but right now its only possible to apply tracer in close range there Buzzlock preforms poorly against other weapons.

Here is one of my few kills with it.

http://gfycat.com/PitifulHugeGhostshrimp

First of all, the tracer doesn't need to take any less ammo. It has a 75 round clip, that gives you 7 shots to hit, and then you can reload and kill someone. All I'm saying is that it shouldn't take a full clip afterwards to kill. Second, if you were able to trace easier, then they wouldn't be able to buff the damage as much. Getting a good trace should take skill, and you should be rewarded with being able to do half decent damage.

Lastly, they don't buff that kinda stuff anyway. It's a policy that they don't buff game elements of weapons such as travel speed. I don't see people complaining that the daikyu needs to be hitscan, nor do I see complaints about how the vectis should have travel time. Why? That's how the weapons work. By changing such integral parts, it's no longer the same weapon. Buzlok needs a buff, not a rework.

Tracer right now is more of a luck then skill. It is so slow and inaccurate. (look at my clip)

And Buzzlock is a weapon with a tracer that you hit enemies with and when use tracking bullets. Thats how the weapon works. If you buff damage it would become a boltor prime reskin.

Edited by igo95862

There's also a guidance problem maybe because the bullets are so slow. I hit a guy with a tracer, unloaded a clip into him as he was chasing me with melee. So imagine a target 3 meters away from you coming straight at you as you move backward. Every shot somehow managed to miss. I stopped and shot him at point blank eventually getting cut down. What happened was the tag was on the side of his body and somehow the bullets always steered away from him rather than toward.

It needs a slightly faster projectile speed and the ability to turn of the tracer round.

If you aim up rather than straight at the target, it has a higher chance of gently curving back down and actually getting a headshot on your target from above. By aiming straight on, if you miss, it has to turn sharper because it goes a full 180. It seems counter-intuitive, but when your bullets home on an enemy, it's far more efficient to aim completely away from them.

A suggestion that might also be useful for PvE. Since we have a dedicated secondary fire key now, Buzlok could use it as a "forget the beacon" key for cases when you missed the tracer shot, but still need to fire a burst at something. Without it, the gun is literally useless on a miss until you tag another target, which, as we've established, is hard to do.