Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mind Control Is Broken

NaniteCircuit

Stagger, inability to kill offender (Nyx (P)) and being forced to drop Cephalon? That's a bit too much for a [1] ability. For me, dropping ceph is too much (nyx can kill you without worrying about receiving dmg, it's advantageous enough).

Every frame has at least one CC effect (stagger, knockdown etc) the inability to kill Nyx is to make up for her defenses and add survivability, affected enemies droping the cephalon has to go, thats just broken.

The affected target shouldnt be able to capture the cephalon as long as mind control is on him/her, after the duration expires he/she can capture as normal but without droping the ceph when mind controled.

We NEED at least one frame that can steal the Cephalon as I have been in many games where 1 or 2 guys just runs around with Cephalons for full game and there is no1 who can catch/kill them.

It's that OR we need Cephalon reset for case like that.

Edited by OneMember

We NEED at least one frame that can steal the Cephalon as I have been in many games where 1 or 2 guys just runs around with Cephalons for full game and there is no1 who can catch/kill them.h

It's that OR we need Cephalon reset for case like that.

That's not a reason for a force drop, that's a reason for you to get better at the game. Practice with the parkour and try to cut them off. Use your skills in creative ways that'll take them by surprise.

Edited by Vattira

A forced drop on the Cephalon and an inability to damage enemies? This is just entirely broken, especially on the smaller Capture maps.

While I don't have any suggestions for changes at this time, it definitely does need to be changed.

Though I'm about to bash mind control in this post but in truth I really don't think it's too bad. Even though it is a rather cheap get-out-of-jail free card like the other Nyx powers, it does what it should do. My first opinion would be that certain other frames' powers should be buffed to bring them up to speed. In example; you can't miss with mind control because it locks on a target. Yet something like Volt's shock barely even arcs off surfaces making it very hard to hit people with.

If it really must be nerfed, then here is how I think it should be done:

Make it some kind of slow moving stream of energy coming out of the Nyx that people can see coming and try to escape its reach before it gets you and takes control. If it's going to force drop the cephalon it should at least be something of a challenge to land the move. As it is now it's much too easy to mind control. And because of this, it's not only used for cephalon dropping but as a panic button much like absorb, which can be activated at far below 100 energy.