The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods For Increasing Or Decreasing Number Of Shots Fired From A Burst Weapon

Renegade343

While levelling up the Karpak, and finding out ways to bring the best out of the weapon with minimal Forma and additional skills, I sometimes find that I would need to shoot out an extra bullet to kill an enemy, and since the Karpak is a burst weapon, that means I would shoot another burst to kill said enemy.

While I understand this is the inherent disadvantage of burst weapons, I had an idea pop up, and that is having new mods for burst weapons, just like Depleted Reload for Snipers: 

The first mod, which I will be calling Mod A for the time being as I am out of ideas for mod names, will only have Rank 0, and will increase the number of shots fired from a burst weapon by 1. This mod will cost 6 mod points.

The second mod, which I will be calling Mod B to following the temporary naming convention, will also only have Rank 0, and will decrease the number of shots fired from a burst weapon by 1. This mod will also cost 6 mod points. 

Mod A will be dropped by Drekar Elite Lancers, and Mod B will be dropped by Drekar Butchers. 

What do you think of the proposed new additions?

Quite frankly I would far prefer a mod that allowed you to Simply change the firing mode to a strict Semi Auto. 1 trigger pull for 1 Bullet, and perhaps another for full auto change from burst fire. Unfortunately the way the burst fire mechanics work fire rate is completely inconsequential so fire rate mods are useless.

This would bring Burst weapons in line with the other rifles in game. Which would also likely bring many other weapons out of the mastery fodder pile if it worked on all weapons and create a vast amount of build diversity in my opinion.

hm. i think i might just use those Mods.

i'd definitely consider using the minus 1 Projectile per Burst on some like Harpak, where i was really hoping for a 2rd Burst of actual Harpoons, rather than just Bolts. it's called a Harpoon gun, but the Primary Fire has nothing to do with Harpoons! only the Secondary.

for the time being atleast, i can't put Punch-Through on Harpak anyways, so i'd use minus 1 Projectile per Burst instead.

This would bring Burst weapons in line with the other rifles in game.

by.... making them identical to those.

there's no point in having Burst Weapons if you just flip a switch to make them into a weak Semi Auto or a slow Auto.

you might as well just delete all of the Burst Weapons if you do that. because those Weapons no longer have a reason to exist. then everything is the same 2 types of guns, and they simply DPS race against each other. and the ones that were supposed to be Burst, would lose that race.

or any of them, really. if you can flip Firing Modes willy nilly with made up Weapons that are balanced around being a specific role - they're now all in a direct DPS race against each other.

and that means most of the Equipment literally has no purpose to be used because they're flat inferior than some other choices.

not really any different than we have now.

Edited by taiiat