Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assassination Mission Revamp, Modifications: Project Blacklist

Evanescent

*cringe* I know, don't judge that name.

Anywho.

Harro!

Evan here! I'd like to present a concpet about how to make Assassination missions more interesting, more engaging, and adding a replay value to them.

HOW I'M GOING TO DO THIS:

By first of all splitting the mission into three modes:

1)Silence

2)Gauntlet

3)Hunt

What this means:

You are going to have three ways to approach the mission, according to your needs.

Why:

a)To cater to speedrunners, challenge seekers, and stealth+lore enthusiasts respectively to make each individual experience better

b)To not have people hampering others

c)To add more dimensions to the Boss Mission

THE BREAKDOWN:

1)Silence

This is a stealth mission.You will have to sneak through the defenses to reach the VIP without alerting him/her, and then assassinate him/her in one go at the opportune moment. The VIP is treated as an enemy that can be killed without special phases, unaware, and your job is to finish him.her off in stealth and escape the base without alerting anyone melee finishers are 100% lethal. In Boss-room warframe powers are disabled due to void energy detectors.

Killing any other enemies besides the main VIP in any room but the boosroom, or in front of him will alert him.

Being detected will fail the mission.

Why? 

This is a mission set by the Lotus to strike terror in the enemy lines by taking out key figures when they are unaware, without them knowing what hit them. The suddenness and stealthy nature of the kill will prove to be effective tools.

VIPs will be selected when they are unaware, and not expecting attacks.

Target: Stealth players, and lore enthusiasts. 

Rewards:

A timed mission, the quicker and stealthier the completion the better the reward. A perfect run will net the warframe set the boss drops on the first run, and a big credit+exp chunk with MR points(on first completion). Unique sigil.

Introduction:

As quest climax lead upto by other missions such as spy, sabotage and capture with the Lotus revealing lore as you stalk and find when the enemy is weakest.. After quest completion boss will grant all bps of the Warframe/Weapons they have as drop.

2)Gauntlet:

You will challenge the enemy to a duel, and take down the entire Force surrounding the VIP along with him/her. It is an open fight with a single weapon choice, dictated by the enemy, and no powers. (For example, enemy might challenge you to a melee only fight). You will fight on their terms, defeat them, and fight your way out of the base.

Mission will have unique modifiers and can be in Nightmare, and have unique environmental hazards in specific arenas. You fail on death. No revives.

Why?

To showcase the strength of the Tenno and show the price of opposing the Tenno cause and to raise morale and support by avenging fallen allies or ravaged settlements, civillians. Sometimes the best way to crumble confidence, is to make a statement. 

Target: Challenge seekers

Rewards: Specific mods from the Boss' reward pool, a large chunk of credits, Syndicate xp depending on syndicate standing with boss (if wearing sigil), and Rare resource cache, and unique sigil. Warframe drops are as normal, with RNG. Unique sigil.

Introduction:

As standalone missions in Starchart. After unlocking the planet and reaching the node you can issue a challenge to the Boss.

3)Hunt

You will be tasked to pursue a fleeing Boss, outrun him/her, and take him out.

The faster the completion the greater the rewards.

It can be archwing mission, where you have to break into ship before hunting the boss down. You will have to catch them before they reach extraction. Bosses will be immune to CC, but will be able to be taken down with weapons. They will sometimes try to stop and slow you down by using very powerful weaponry and destroying terrain which you will have to navigate by parkour. You fail if boss escapes.

Why?

Sometimes enemies are too wily, and catch traces of rumors and decide to flee, or operatives fail. It's your job to clean up the mess and bring them to justice.

Target: Speedrunners. Now the Lore loves your zergrushing!

Rewards: Large chunk of xp. Weapon and/or Warframe components using RNG. Unique sigil. Large credit caches.

VOID KEYS HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Introduction: 

As standalone mission in starchart.

Note: Chance of dropping Forma, weapons unique to missions, may be added as DE sees fit.

Edited by Evanescent

I'm all for this, although I think calling them bosses might be the wrong idea. IMO, bosses should be large undertakings that should require a dedicated team, like Raids. IMO, Lephantis and Tyl are the two best-designed bosses in the game, and everyone else is just annoying.

I'm all for this, although I think calling them bosses might be the wrong idea. IMO, bosses should be large undertakings that should require a dedicated team, like Raids. IMO, Lephantis and Tyl are the two best-designed bosses in the game, and everyone else is just annoying.

Sadly, this is impossible. Think God of War. It's a series of button presses, basically. In Warframe however, it seems impossible. Imagine having to wall run hop on a boss :O

Similar to my concept, take a look for sharing some ideas.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/451204-assassination-missions-rework-dynamic-challenging-stealthy/

Discussing around on different threads, it seems that this way proposed of splitting a node in 3 different modes can be the most appreciated way of approaching different playstyles.

Also I think talking about rewards isn't functional, because it should be in relation with task's difficulty and ingame economy.

Edited by Burnthesteak87