Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fast Free Forma Loophole That Probably Needs Closing

TehJumpingJawa1

Forma farming using alts

- 4 players
- 1 player is high level (for map invites)
- Other 3 players create new accounts (A skim read of the T&Cs didn't turn up anything that prohibited alt. accounts)
- You can use gmail account aliases for each account (Google ignores periods/fullstops in the address, so abcdef@gmail.com is an alias of ab.cd.ef@gmail.com etc).
- all 3 players get their alts invited to the clan so they get their clan keys.
- the 3 players then rush [Mercury, Terminus], opening every container & locker you can find. This should easily get you the 500 ferrite you need.
- 4th player then invites the others to [Mercury, Tolstoj], and rushes the boss. 1st run on Captain Vor is likely to drop the necessary morphic.
- 4th player then invites the others to [Venus, Kiliken], where you should be able to easily scavenge the necessary 500 polys from the many mobs, crates & lockers.
- alts then build clan key, and use 10 platinum to rush it. The remaining 40 platinum can be used to buy 2xForma.
- alts then sell all their mods and blueprints, go to clan dojo, spend the forma (and any credits & materials), then simply discard the account.

Turn-around should be ~30 minutes, maybe less if you're well organised.

It's definitely the fastest way of obtaining Forma for Dojo development. (without paying for it)

Edited by TehJumpingJawa1

Oh and what makes you think they won't remove such ill gained forma from dojos again?

Admittedly I only spent ~20 seconds skim reading the T&Cs, but nothing popped out that explicitly prohibits it.

If there's anyone with more tolerance for lawyer speak willing to have a closer look, I'd welcome being proven wrong.

Gaming the system is part & parcel of a free to play model; it's DE's responsibility to create a system that cannot be gamed so easily.

Thus I'm pointing it out so they can fix it.

Edited by TehJumpingJawa1

As I said, I can't see anything in the T&Cs that prohibit it.

Gaming the system is part & parcel of the free to play model; it's DE's responsibility to create a system that cannot be gamed so easily.

What would be some possible solutions to this? They already made it so you needed the key to put resources into a build, making it so you couldn't just make the account, invite to clan, and then have them put the forma in. As a smaller clan I don't see anything of ours being built for a couple months.

What would be some possible solutions to this? They already made it so you needed the key to put resources into a build, making it so you couldn't just make the account, invite to clan, and then have them put the forma in. As a smaller clan I don't see anything of ours being built for a couple months.

My suggestion:

Mastery lock Forma.

Admittedly I only spent ~20 seconds skim reading the T&Cs, but nothing popped out that explicitly prohibits it.

If there's anyone with more tolerance for lawyer speak willing to have a closer look, I'd welcome being proven wrong.

Gaming the system is part & parcel of a free to play model; it's DE's responsibility to create a system that cannot be gamed so easily.

I think you are missing the part where it says they can do whatever they want with the game and your character data.

What has reset got to do with anything in this thread?

reset, spend platinum on guild items such as forma, then reset again

the stuff you spent will be still stuck in the guild since its unrelated to your character and inventory

For example's sake

Are you sure this only takes 30 minutes? I think it'd actually be quite a bit longer than that.

Instead of trying to find a "fix" for this, maybe DE could look at alternatives to the current forma system. $6 for a hallway :I

Are you sure this only takes 30 minutes? I think it'd actually be quite a bit longer than that.

Around that, yeah.

It's 3 missions; with most time spent in Terminus collecting the ferrite in that gigantic and stunningly brilliant map.

The assassination is just a straight forward rush in, collect the boss drop, leave.

The defence mission is just 5 insanely easy waves (high level does the killing, while the alts scavenge the containers & lockers)

Mastery Locking the Forma... Brilliant!... But what about the Forma dropped from missions? It just sits there until you master, say, Rank 5?...

Don't get me wrong, Mastery Locking the Forma is brilliant, but what about the collateral damage?

Mastery Locking the Forma... Brilliant!... But what about the Forma dropped from missions? It just sits there until you master, say, Rank 5?...

Don't get me wrong, Mastery Locking the Forma is brilliant, but what about the collateral damage?

Mastery locking it to 1 or 2 would be sufficient without significant collateral damage.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. It gives smaller guilds a way to establish their dojo without relying on platinum or the whims of mad RNG gods.

Locking Forma to Mastery Rank 1 would stop it almost entirely. You'll still get the odd dedicated player spending the time to do it but without it being easy, I'm sure most would give up.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. It gives smaller guilds a way to establish their dojo without relying on platinum or the whims of mad RNG gods.

Locking Forma to Mastery Rank 1 would stop it almost entirely. You'll still get the odd dedicated player spending the time to do it but without it being easy, I'm sure most would give up.

Rank 2.

I believe you can get to rank 1 by doing the tutorial.

I skipped it so I had to do level 0 to level 1 but I read before that you need only to complete the tutorial to be rank 1.