Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If I Get This Monitor.

CelticMoss

Will i be doomed to forever have crappy colors?

Or can it have nice colors if i really work on the settings?

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-Gaming-Monitor-RL2455HM-24-Inch/dp/B007HSKSMI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422225913&sr=8-1&keywords=rl2455hm&pebp=1422225921652&peasin=B007HSKSMI

Or is there another monitor that can look nice and have almost the same response time?

For a price like that you have a large range of monitors to choose from. Most monitors nowadays have a very fast response time. Just read up on some reviews and previews and see what you like the most and what will be worth your money.

24-014-371-03.jpg

Bought this personally. AMVA panel, great colors, great contrast, and a great looking monitor in general.

4 ms vs 1 ms doesn't make too much of a difference to me.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GWFNMGG/ref=twister_B00WO1H93Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Would have bought the gold one, if available, but it's Hungary we are talking about :<

Edited by Cynaris

I have that one and personally i think its good, i got it as a gift originally i wanted another version of it (the one with 144hz) but well it was free so i sticked with it. But if you have a choice think about getting the one with 144Hz. Games run alot smoother then, feels way better.

I have that one and personally i think its good, i got it as a gift originally i wanted another version of it (the one with 144hz) but well it was free so i sticked with it. But if you have a choice think about getting the one with 144Hz. Games run alot smoother then, feels way better.

If you are on a low budget for a monitor, your PC is probably budget aswell. Therefore unable to pump out consistent 144 frames, making it stupid to even consider a 144hz monitor.

I mostly want to stay under 200$

OOn the link, PC Gamer favourite1080p monitor is theViewSonic VX2263SMHL-W and they said it is about $140. 

So no personal experience with it, but I trust the PC Gamer for their reviews.

If you are on a low budget for a monitor, your PC is probably budget aswell. Therefore unable to pump out consistent 144 frames, making it stupid to even consider a 144hz monitor.

Yeah I might be getting a new GPU but I don't really see the point in doing 144Hz it might be nice but I rather keep my fps at a point it won't strain.

Offtopic-ish but holy ship that looks cool.

Slap 3 of them next to another, don't have to worry about frames getting in the way while doing eyefinity.

To be fair, the photo is cheating the little. While the physical bezel is only like 0,2 mm, there is an additional 0,5 mm when powering the monitor. Still rather small either way.

But yeah, the idea was that I'll buy 2 more eventually, or atleast 1.

Yeah I might be getting a new GPU but I don't really see the point in doing 144Hz it might be nice but I rather keep my fps at a point it won't strain.

Well a mate had a 60hz monitor before and hes playing wiht 30fps most times and he got himself a 144hz monitor and hes saying that it feels much smoother now. I can't confirm that since i don't own a 144hz monitor even though my pc would be mor ethen able to do it so i can only say what he said.

OP, don't buy that monitor tbh....you are paying extra for "gaming" in the name and 24" 1080p and only 60hz as well as lack of feesync/gsync, just not worth the money.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/monitors/2014/07/21/gaming-monitor-roundup-2014/9

The only thing that's good about it is that it has 1ms response time and maybe that it's LED.

Edit:

This is probably the cheapest 144hz that's worth buying. Save a little money and get it :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2HH7G0/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00B2HH7G0&linkCode=as2&tag=bestpcmonitors-20&linkId=ENTNELOJ4J4HFMGP

However, if you want more screen space then this a cheap alternative. Yes it's 60hz but it looks nice and much cheaper than any other ultrawide ips panels. 2560x1080 is  a pretty big improvement from 1920x1080.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-25UM57-25-Inch-LED-lit/dp/B00V8FAWC2/ref=sr_1_20?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1439115554&sr=1-20&refinements=p_n_size_browse-bin%3A3547806011

Im using a 1440p monitor with 60hz, but it's O-Led and has high colour bitrate(10bit)[i do graphic design and printing so colour accuracy and wealth of it is important to me]. I can't go back to using smaller 1080p panels even if they have lower latency and higher hertz.

Edited by kiteohatto

Well a mate had a 60hz monitor before and hes playing wiht 30fps most times and he got himself a 144hz monitor and hes saying that it feels much smoother now. I can't confirm that since i don't own a 144hz monitor even though my pc would be mor ethen able to do it so i can only say what he said.

But it can't feel smoother. The refresh rate means how many frames per second can the screen pump out without tearing.

It you get 30 fps on a 60hz monitor, it's exactly the same as 30fps on a 144hz monitor.

Therefore it's a waste of money.