Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need To Vent A Lil Bit. Ignore This Or Delete It Or Wutever.

DecapitatingJim

So I've had a fairly crappy last few weeks. I don't normally post this sorta thing but hey, first time for everything. 

First up is I ordered a new PC, at the total cost of R13k ($1027). To fund it I converted savings I have in the form of cheques and paypal money. Paypal comes through, my dad forwards me a couple thousand since the cheques will take ages to convert and bam I order it. 

Parts arrive the following week and I'm all chuffed. Get it built and am killing brain cells shortly after. All is well.

But then, firstly something goes horribly wrong with my drivers, S#&$ starts crashing and I start Bsodding. So after scrubbing all my drivers I manage to get it fixed. No biggie, it happens.

Then, Steam being a great program, wiped Warframe off my PC and laptop. With my current internet, it took me 3 days to get it installed again. So I was a trifle miffed about that. 

Next I get a phone call from the bank. The cheques were declined. I go into investigate and they tell me they can't take cheques from a third party, I have to go American express and convert them. So I do that. At Murican express, the woman tells me some other bs. To cut a long story short, after multiple trips to 4 different banks, I get nowhere. 

The next day I phone the head office, and after a bit I get the steps I need to get the cheques converted, which involves sending them to Utah. Which I do with what little money I currently have on me. Still waiting on getting those back.

At this point my wisdom teeth decide, "you know what, lets start causing immense pain". worse than the pain I had from surgery a few years ago. After almost a week of nonstop toothaches. earaches and headaches, it dulls down to the point I can actually eat solid things without whimpering. I would love to get them out but I don't have the 10+ grand needed to do that sadly.

Next up, my PC Bsods again. This time it's my antivirus. So I sort that out and get back to killing brain cells. 

So everything is peachy, I'm killing braincells on my lovely new expensive PC until. I start noticing a buzzing noise while I'm running games. After some sleuthing I discover either my PSU, mobo or GPU is faulty (This thing is 3 weeks old mind). I'll only be able to run tests on Friday.

"Okay' I think I'll look up how to do an RMA claim. Psu and mobo are easy enough, just send em back to the retailer. But GPU I would have to send to the manufacturer in America for around $40 (R500). Possibly more.  Money which I do not have at this moment in time.

So basically, I'm not allowed to have nice things in life :| 

Thank you for reading this if anyone did, I hope you have a lovely week. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

well you got the lingo down

This is my 13'th year here so the assimilation is almost complete. Soon all the world will become one with the Braai. 

I actually still have a really strong scottish accent. After 13 years it's still clinging aboot.

Well all the silver lining talk seems to have done something. 

We have ran a test on the GPU, it appears to be coil whine. Here's a video of the exact sound it's been making

https://youtu.be/iEwLtqbBw90?t=525

8.45 minutes in.

The reason we had ruled it out is because we hadn't found a demonstration with one as low as that, they were all showing really really high pitched ones, and we were stumped until we found that video. It is 100% identical to my noise.

I also got an SMS earlier about working a few days soon, which considering I'm working freelance is awesome cuz it gets me some more cash. 

This is my 13'th year here so the assimilation is almost complete. Soon all the world will become one with the Braai. 

I actually still have a really strong scottish accent. After 13 years it's still clinging aboot.

I for some reason have a Germanish, scottish, Irish-ish.. accent, no clue why tho since I'm the only one that has it

hows the teeth? sleeping with a bottle of Jack Daniels yet?

Oh I do that anyway ;D Teeth are fine though. They generally come and go, but recently has been the worst they've ever been. After the pain there's usually a couple months of nothing really happening. 

Pc wise I've re-installed windows 7 cuz I've been getting Bsods and I'm sure it was due to a corrupt windows install. I've had 3 bsods, all from different things, all driver related. Soo gone back to 7 and we'll see how this works out. 

I have yet to move away from win7.. I straid and found win8.1 but a month later I ran back to win7 and remained faithful... I broke a tooth long ago.. jack numbed my gums for me so I could sleep at night

I was using Vodka actually to numb it. Helped quite a lot, just had to be careful due to the massive amount of painkillers I was on. 

So far everything seems to be okay. My Bsods were inconsistent so I'm gonna go with if I get a week without a problem I'm considering it fixed. 

Lemony Snicket hasn't got jack on you, Tenno.

That seriously sucks, and I hope things get better.

Things seem to be looking up :> Real crappy luck though, but it happens.

Well damn..

Regarding your BSOD problem, you should get Bluescreen helper.

I think that's what its called anyway.

Think positive OP, no matter what happens keep your chin up and smile wide.

I've been using Whocrashed to analyze the dmp files. All of em have been pointing at corrupt drivers or windows. I've re-installed win 7 so we'll see how this plays out.

To update the crappy luck, the car is now dead and we need shopping. It's currently ~10°c and pissing with rain, and I have to walk to the store ;D