Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Attempt To Backup Warframe Results In Redownload

-dicht.nomoreraiding-

I am playing Warframe on Steam and decided to backup the game cache after the recent update. Apparently, the Steam version of the game is still in U16 and any attempt to backup will result in a 6.2GB redownload of the old version. This happened to me twice and is fairly frustating for someone living in an area with sluggish internet.

Yes, Steam is usually a bit behind. That's why you should always use the verify tool in the warframe launcher instead of verifying the cache with Steam.

If you want to back up your settings, go to %localappdata%\Warframe and make backup copies of the folders with long random names.

Those contain your keybindings etc.

All the actual progress on your account is stored on DE's servers so you can't get at it or back it up.

I don't think there's much point in backing up the whole game, your backup will get out of date very quickly. But the default Steam install is in Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe if you want to make a copy of it. Or you could download the standalone installer from https://warframe.com/download

Yes, Steam is usually a bit behind. That's why you should always use the verify tool in the warframe launcher instead of verifying the cache with Steam.

If you want to back up your settings, go to %localappdata%\Warframe and make backup copies of the folders with long random names.

Those contain your keybindings etc.

All the actual progress on your account is stored on DE's servers so you can't get at it or back it up.

I don't think there's much point in backing up the whole game, your backup will get out of date very quickly. But the default Steam install is in Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe if you want to make a copy of it. Or you could download the standalone installer from https://warframe.com/download

When steam ask you to verify the cache files for a reason, you can't do otherwise.

Also, a 6.5Go launcher ? wtf is that ?

Now thanks to this i have to download the full game again after downloading this launcher.