Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've Been Fired...

s3kShUn08

Well since I was fired I sat around the house all day, took care of my grandmother and then decided to drown the sadness of having a perpetually angry face in nutella and Graham crackers.

By which I mean I took 2 packets of Graham crackers, smashed them then put them in a jar of nutella stirred and then used another packet of Graham crackers as a spoon to eat it. With enough luck, and nutella, my face will get fat and pudgy hopefully taking the edge off my angry and pissed off looking face.

Edited by s3kShUn08

Well in probably one of the oddest job terminations I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through, I was fired because of "having an "angry" demeanor/face at work...

I...

Honestly I don't even know what to write about this. In my entire professional career I have never had an employer tell me that "My body language and demeanor are percieved as being pissed off all the time" and that "my body language says I don't want to be here."

-__-

Just...Wow...

I guess they perceive it as not approachable or friendly. Learn to smile dude. 

I guess they perceive it as not approachable or friendly. Learn to smile dude. 

1) Work 6 hours outside in 100ºF+ weather pushing 620lb of carts every 4min by hand

2) Then go inside with an absolutely drenched with sweat shirt while they are blasting the AC and try to remain as profeesional as possible while dealing with 70 customers an hour

3) Majority of my customers were Russian and even IF you smiled at them, they'd look at you like a wierdo

A combination of incompetent supervisors and poor time management skills meant that most employees didnt get their first breaks until after the 2.5hr mark. Sometimes they would forget all together and we'd have to take an hour long lunch 2 hours before we were off. One employee literally clocked of for his lunch, sat in his car for 30 min then walked back in to clock on then took the 2x 15's they forgot to give him. SO he went back out to his car and once those were done 15min later his shift was over.

As far as smiling goes I smiled when I greeted customers and when i was talking with them. When I was assisting however I relaxed my face and focused on the task at hand. As for a sense of urgency goes, I dont run in the warehouse for safety reasons. Tried it before at another warehouse and had too many close calls with almost running into customers. (I have broad line backers shoulders so when people see me running its a little off putting becuase they always think Im going to run into them.) Also I'm probably the only one there that asked what the CPH (Customers Per Hour) for the cashier I was assisting. This figure lets me compare to the front door counts of how many people are being prcessed per lane and wheter or not we were meeting that quota. For instance, if the door count for 1 hour is 300 people, and the CPH for my cashiers lane is 65 that means ~22% of all customers in that hour went through my line. you can further break that down into UPT (Units Per Transaction) to get a(n) revnue estimate for that one lane.

The problem with this last warehouse I worked at is that they dont use any of the tools to their advantage. They try to just go with the flow, rather than using the previous data (door Counts, CPH, UPT) to dictate how they were going to manage the flow of cutomers, they would just try to work people as long as possible until they HAD to relieve them for a break. Also Door counts help determine how many people you need in the lot.

While I was there I figured the average time it took for a guy to get 10 carts was 3-4min. Lets say it takes the later time for the most part. That means 1 person can average 70 carts a(n) half hour. So with that rough estimate in mind say if the door count is 175 people every 1/2 hour you know you need either 2 people averaging 3min a trip or 3 people averaging 4min a trip to make sure that the amount of carts being retieved is exceeding the amount being taken.

The above should prove how serious I took this job. Unfortunately it seems however that I expected too much from my supervisors.

Now to call Cal/Fed OSHA and report all the safety violations I was privy enough to witness. Probably should file a grievence with corporate as well.

You should emply yourself at a restaurant.

2013-04-29.jpg

LOL Ill take that job. XD