Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've Been Fired...

s3kShUn08

Well in probably one of the oddest job terminations I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through, I was fired because of "having an "angry" demeanor/face at work...

I...

Honestly I don't even know what to write about this. In my entire professional career I have never had an employer tell me that "My body language and demeanor are percieved as being pissed off all the time" and that "my body language says I don't want to be here."

-__-

Just...Wow...

You learned nothing XD

One of the guys working on Warframe         : D

Honestly Im just a straight faced guy, and thats how people know me. xD

Warehouse retail, I worked at this company 2x before and loved it. Let go both times because I was seasonal. My cowrkers love me and I always find something to joke about but 75% of the time Im outside pushing carts, here in Cali that means 100ºF weather and on asphault its even worse. I'd be outside for 6 hours and be inside for 1hr after closing to stock.

Out of a 29hour week 75% would be me outside (Ive tanned so much) 15% inside stocking so by myself, and 10% assisting customers inside.

Thats 21.75hrs pushing carts outside. 4.35hrs stocking 2.9hrs assisting customers  based on a weekly schedule.

I am really curious what your face is like now.

Do you look like a terminator or The Witch King of Angmar? If the latter then I think you were fired for breach in dress codes

Terminator would probably fit my description as far as facial expression when im just relaxed.

Honestly Im just a straight faced guy, and thats how people know me. xD

Warehouse retail, I worked at this company 2x before and loved it. Let go both times because I was seasonal. My cowrkers love me and I always find something to joke about but 75% of the time Im outside pushing carts, here in Cali that means 100ºF weather and on asphault its even worse. I'd be outside for 6 hours and be inside for 1hr after closing to stock.

Out of a 29hour week 75% would be me outside (Ive tanned so much) 15% inside stocking so by myself, and 10% assisting customers inside.

Thats 21.75hrs pushing carts outside. 4.35hrs stocking 2.9hrs assisting customers  based on a weekly schedule.

Terminator would probably fit my description as far as facial expression when im just relaxed.

Become a politician. Everyone will vote for you because everyone will be scared of having their door kicked down by the terminator himself if they vote otherwise. #VoteTerminatorGuy2015

Sue the Company you work for maybe? that's a bit harsh even if you look like a badass. firing because you're mean-looking.

that's like getting fired in an mma gym because you look happy

Well, if the OP meant California by "Cali" in one of his replies...it'd be sorta hard to win anything. California is an "at-will" state in regards to employment. Which means as long as it isn't something like being fired due to a small number of protected categories such as race/sex/sexual orientation/religion/etc., an employee can be let go at any time for any reason. And employees can leave their jobs at any time for any reason. At best, if you can prove you were fired/let go under prejudice, you'd get your job back... And if you got your job back, would you really want to work somewhere that doesn't want you to be there?

Edited by CedarDpg

You could have sued the company to hell if that would happen in Germany (Ohhh.... this isn't seen as a valid reason for fireing someone in G.)

But why did you got the job in the first place if they didn't like your face?

I'm told I have RBF but I've never been fired for it. : /

You have a Real Big Fish?

pun

Edited by Inertzia

Well in probably one of the oddest job terminations I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through, I was fired because of "having an "angry" demeanor/face at work...

I...

Honestly I don't even know what to write about this. In my entire professional career I have never had an employer tell me that "My body language and demeanor are percieved as being pissed off all the time" and that "my body language says I don't want to be here."

-__-

Just...Wow...

Good thing my boss is understanding. I get pissed off frequently. It's far rarer to see me smile, and usually if I'm smiling it's because I've done something evil and are awaiting the whole thing to play out.

But on a more serious note, I'm pretty sure in most workplaces and countries you can't be fired for that sort of thing, so you should consult a lawyer for unfair dismissal.