Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Scorpion...

carbondragon

Am I the only one who thinks she's unbalanced? She has an unavoidable knockdown that's almost impossible to see coming (and Iron Skin, ect out of), she can shoot said knockdown through walls/floors, and she's impossible to discern in a group of Grineer infantry.

On lower level (farming) runs, she isn't that troublesome but I can imagine she's as game-ending as a Stalker attack pre-update-8 in higher level worlds.

My ideas:

- Fix the shooting through walls.

- Give her some form of co-op based nullification, like the Smoker in L4D has. Let a friendly attack her, you, the whip, anything and it cuts it immediately. No one runs Ceres solo regularly anyway so why not make her the co-op enemy for the Grineer? Lower level missions aren't going to feature her anyway and it isn't often that people get together on Mercury with fresh Frames and guns.

This always happens when a new enemy type gets released. We had the same with rollers and chargers. Just wait for people to get used to the new enemies, and nobody will complain anymore. Except for complaining about rollers, that happens even today. But those things are exceptionally nasty.

I love the scorpion! it has added a lot of new frustrations into the game, and that's a good thing

I sear most people want to just play my lil ponies online

Thank you for the constructive criticism. You have made me proud to be a human being.

In any case, no one seems to understand what I'm saying here, except maybe guymanbrodude. The Scorpion is rather unbalanced in that she's an automatic shield-drop. There's no way to evade her attacks and they can go straight through walls if she's seen you at all. That's all I'm saying, she needs a fix and some way to interrupt her attack.

This always happens when a new enemy type gets released. We had the same with rollers and chargers. Just wait for people to get used to the new enemies, and nobody will complain anymore. Except for complaining about rollers, that happens even today. But those things are exceptionally nasty.

I see complaints against them all the time, because they remain sucky. People usually ask for changes on the reliance on stun locking to create false difficulty rather than calling out the individual enemies.

And it doesn't always happen. Nobody claimed the Fusion Moa sucked. It was praised for having an interesting power (release support drone when hurt) and having relatively high DPS. My only complaint is that they are too damn rare outside of high level defense missions.

Stalker was never very deadly, but back on topic:

Scorpion needs to be more visible and perform a clear windup before she throws her grapple. It should be like the leapers: they decide where to jump before their windup so you can avoid them most of the time by moving sideways, but they still get you if you aren't careful.

Also yes, fix the fact that the grapple goes through stuff.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Scorpion needs to be more visible and perform a clear windup before she throws her grapple. It should be like the leapers: they decide where to jump before their windup so you can avoid them most of the time by moving sideways, but they still get you if you aren't careful.

Also yes, fix the fact that the grapple goes through stuff.

I totally agree with this.  The insta cast is a little rough.  I would like to see a wind up and pitch.  At the same time, I like the knockdown mechanic and the fact that it pulls you into the line of fire.  It makes the game a good challenge.  I think they might have been a little rushed so they could get them in the game in this update and not the next.  Once they get fixed, I will like them more than I do now.

One time the Scorpion used her harpoon on me and there was a  Shield Guy near her waiting there and when she dragged me closer, Bam the shield guy slammed me to the ground and then it was too late. Killer Combo.

I've had my fair share of trouble with the Scorpion, and I do think a little bit of balancing is needed. Just a little. I don't think it should be like the L4D smoker, though, as L4D gives you teammates no matter what. We need something to be more friendly towards solo play. If we take the Leaper, for example, it has a fair amount of time before it lunges at you. Enough for you to get out of the way if you aren't stun locked by Chargers. Just a split second before the Scorpion hooks you would help, as well as a verbal cue like "Reel 'em in!" or "Get over here!" along with fixing the fact that it can cast through obstacles would be an immense help. It gives you an opportunity to get out of the way, but if you can't or don't, then you'll be in for a little ride.

Scorpions are really not that hard. With Ash, I tend to throw a shuriken just to see if she's there. With Loki, you can use decoy to "tank" the rope shot.

She's annoying, but like the rollers she's not OP. Although I do agree with the poster: Her rope shooting through walls and floors are immersion breaking, but she just got released so I'm sure DE would do something.

I really like how she-in synergy with melee Grineers- make Grineers actually challenging. Grineers got the boost they so desperately needed, so not complaining.

Edited by IlIlllIO0pallaO0IlIlIlIl

I would be able to tolerate her more if the damn chain didn't knock you over and instead did this or something.

gekkoa.png

Seriously DE, F*** off with the constant knockdowns. Nobody likes having complete control taken away from them, it's poor gameplay design.

I love the scorpion. What happened was, I tried to make this massive jump and missed by 10m (a lot) and I thought, dam it now I will be left behind again (frost). But then she grabbed me and swang me into the place I was trying to jump, certainly epic encounter. :D

Am I the only one who thinks she's unbalanced? She has an unavoidable knockdown that's almost impossible to see coming (and Iron Skin, ect out of), she can shoot said knockdown through walls/floors, and she's impossible to discern in a group of Grineer infantry.

On lower level (farming) runs, she isn't that troublesome but I can imagine she's as game-ending as a Stalker attack pre-update-8 in higher level worlds.

My ideas:

- Fix the shooting through walls.

- Give her some form of co-op based nullification, like the Smoker in L4D has. Let a friendly attack her, you, the whip, anything and it cuts it immediately. No one runs Ceres solo regularly anyway so why not make her the co-op enemy for the Grineer? Lower level missions aren't going to feature her anyway and it isn't often that people get together on Mercury with fresh Frames and guns.

speaking of Scorpions today I was gathering alloys from Ceres and I ran into one room where there were 3 scorpions and I couldn't do anything because one grabbed me, as I got up another one did it and they kept doing that until I died. They really need toning down. :L 

I've had my fair share of trouble with the Scorpion, and I do think a little bit of balancing is needed. Just a little. I don't think it should be like the L4D smoker, though, as L4D gives you teammates no matter what. We need something to be more friendly towards solo play. If we take the Leaper, for example, it has a fair amount of time before it lunges at you. Enough for you to get out of the way if you aren't stun locked by Chargers. Just a split second before the Scorpion hooks you would help, as well as a verbal cue like "Reel 'em in!" or "Get over here!" along with fixing the fact that it can cast through obstacles would be an immense help. It gives you an opportunity to get out of the way, but if you can't or don't, then you'll be in for a little ride.

I'd vote up the get over here since I love mortal kombat