Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Variety - New Companion Concept Expanded

HangmansTree

Cutbrows (:)
I was imaginning the other day how would  new companions work. I'm not 24/7 n the Warframe feed so I might be uninformed about confirmed features.

I would like to suggest some ideas we can discuss... or maybe, you know, implement ;)

We are in need of really alien spcae stuff. SO far everything has been so familiar, based in our knowledge, flora and fauna. Maybe its time to mix some things for, sometimes, uncontrolled outcomes?
Thats why Cutbrows. They may have an apperance of a cat... but thats it.
Floral by day: gathering sun; leaving a trail of spores; basing on energy (sun) bursts; debilitating effects; drain energy; miasma; halucinogen; cqc/cc; aoe; reinforce; rejuvenate, enchnaace and sustain.
Carnivorous by night: echo/pheromone-location; life drain; stealth; shadow-'walk/portation (jump from shadow to shadow area, like Novas portal), maim; weaken; confuse; fear; raw muscle-power, high damage; adrenalize.
Those features asociated with night and day cycle would have an effect on players tactics. maybe a breeding program that would allow to choose features from a list? This way Cutbrows could be customized to our gameplay style. I would like to see synergy between PC and companion. If your Cutbrow incapacitates an enemy - you do finisher damage against said foe etc.

Its just a tip of the iceberg that floats in my brain... so, please tell me what you guys think and would you like to see similar features ingame.

Only issue with this is that most tilesets are...I guess you call them indoors? Only earth has day and night tiles. But I would like to see this as enemy design on the flip side (since when I was reading I kinda thought about killer planets like what Evolve does) but as for companions....honestly don't know~

Edited by DiabolicalHamSandwich

a Shapeshifting Companion depending on environment. hm.

1 - only Earth has changing Environment.

2 - i don't want to not be in control of what my Companion does.

3 - we are already getting Space Cats to accompany our Space Dogs.

that would be an interesting style of Enemy though, yes.

Dont get me wrong - what I had in mind was dedicated towards new companion in developement, space felines/catbrows. Not a new one :) but might be just as well.

Besides, night and day cycle could be done on every tileset. Day & night cycle of living organisms is kinda subconscious. Even if we are locked underground, we stilll operate in night and day cycle for some amout of time.

Edited by HangmansTree