Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee Weapons After Update 17

Fedaykyn

Question

I am pretty sure Scindo Prime is technically the king of melee weapons.

Technically.

Scindo prime/galatine utility wise w tempo royale. (Close to actuall CC, paired with pretty good dps)

Dragon nikana and Mios share the overall best dps (offhand+equipped melee) as they both share equal values of devasting, raw dps.

The best equipped melee weapon is broken war (high basestats+3x multiplier using crimson dervish)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I'm pretty sure that the full War (NOT broken) is actually the most powerful melee weapon in the game.

Personally, since I got it, I've been using nothing but the broken war. It's pretty good.

I also enjoy

Tipedo for the fact that you turn into a walking blender,

Dragon Nikana for it's plain awesomeness,

And Jat Kittag for the fact that it LITERALLY sends enemies TO SPACE.

And I have found that War actually does more damage than Jat Kittag if you build it right... unless there is another build for Jat Kittag that I don't know. I have the same build on both War and Jat Kittag. Primed Heavy Trauma and Collision Force on both. War does like 300-600 more damage I think ill have to look. Im at work right now lol. 

I would say orthos prime if you like using guns kore, so that when an enemy gets close, a nice ranged quick attack will get the job done, so you can go right back to shooting. No beserker needed, so pretty much all damage! Scindo prime or galatine w/ beserker and tempo royale are good melees for Melee only gameplay, but not necessarily good for quick attack. Dragon nikana with beserker and any stance is good for both quick and melee.

Although... I have not tried the mios or the broken war yet...I have heard they are both good.

I would say orthos prime if you like using guns kore, so that when an enemy gets close, a nice ranged quick attack will get the job done, so you can go right back to shooting. No beserker needed, so pretty much all damage! Scindo prime or galatine w/ beserker and tempo royale are good melees for Melee only gameplay, but not necessarily good for quick attack. Dragon nikana with beserker and any stance is good for both quick and melee.

Although... I have not tried the mios or the broken war yet...I have heard they are both good.

In My honest opinion, the best melee weapons are:

Mios, mobile combo, insane crit/berserker, good range and damage. Beautiful stance

Destreza: Same as above, finisher in one combo

Broken War: 50% better than Dakra.

War and Scindo P: one Is impact, the other slash, very similar to each other.

And..That's all, technically.

I allready added my 2 cents, probably refering to broken war but i still have to post this as i found a new love... the best weapon is still the classic: the D-Nikana. It kinda underperforms by itself but the speed, paired with viral and slash status is just GODLY.

Just build it for basedamage, add the element+status mods to get viral and put evrything else on krit and utility(mostly attackspeed)...

Slash status is additional finisher damage for ~30% of the weapons base damage x multipliers, viral halfes health, the source it attacks.. the speed paired with the great base-dps and the mixed status and crit base makes it the best weapon for this purpose...

Think slashing trough a crowd, scaled enemys, protected by massive shields and armor, just dying around you. This is the reality of this weapon.

Hell, the only difficulty is to not die from laughing ever since i started this build...

Atterax is the understated god-tier weapon if modded right.

Berserker, body count, blood rush are must haves.

Maxed primed reach for roughly 15m range (medium size loot room).

Fill the rest of the slots with damage mods. Throw in a corrosive combo to deal with heavily armored mobs.

Slide attack once into a group of mobs to build a melee combo of x5 instantly (1.5x dmg, initiate red crits, max stack berserker).

Murder kill everything in the room in 1-2 sec.

Carry this combo into the next room.... and the next... and the next. All the while building the melee combo counter.

This weapon may not have the highest single hit damage, but more than compensates with insane AOE and speed while maintaining decent damage. It results in extremely high overall effective DPS.

I sure did. What the best weapon is can also hardly be consideret "answered" as there is not best weapon per se. It is different for evryone. So yeah, people do like to share theyr oppinion..whats your guys problem with old threads exactly?

Op asked the question but evryone can benefit from the answers right?

Should have died again, the thread is irrelevant and was answered, people who have responded since you accidentally nekro'd didn't look at title well enough or read through the entire thread, or even the dates. I don't think they did it on purpose

Well,the title clearly said "Best melee weapon AFTER U17" Since they buffed the redeemer(on U18),I put the Redeemer,it is just my OWN choice.Not everyone has to do what I say.

Well,the title clearly said "Best melee weapon AFTER U17" Since they buffed the redeemer(on U18),I put the Redeemer,it is just my OWN choice.Not everyone has to do what I say.

The thread is from 7 months ago.... it was relevant then, however now we are in update 18 things have changed and it's from 7 months ago

I personlay think redeemer is op. After u use it for 2 days, u get the hang of it, and the damage is craz. I crit 128k on an corrupted moa b4, and ppl say its slow, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO its not. I run loki, and u dont need to hit and enemy multiple times if they alrdy die from the first hit, also its great for bosses, 3 shot kela de thaym, and for a sortie, 4 shot the assas boss.

also war is great, for its aoe and damage. I use it for survival.

i use nikana prime for everything else, just because of how strong and fast it is

Edited by xX0SolarHawk0Xx

On Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Ladywolf89 said:

And I have found that War actually does more damage than Jat Kittag if you build it right... unless there is another build for Jat Kittag that I don't know. I have the same build on both War and Jat Kittag. Primed Heavy Trauma and Collision Force on both. War does like 300-600 more damage I think ill have to look. Im at work right now lol. 

Um, just saying, but thechnicaly redeemer does the most base damage of 750