Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee Weapons After Update 17

Fedaykyn

Question

Tipedo is and always will be the best for me, just due to it's range and Berserker damage with balanced status chance. :)

Oh and :

Use it with Clashing Forest for ultimate meat grinding.

Edited by Sci_Ant

Most melee weapons with the exception of some of the very first beginner weapons and a few of the outrageously bad weapons are very much usable. Of course, the Scindo Prime, Dragon Nikana, Dakra Prime, Jat Kitty, and a few others come into mind first. However, some weapons have a range bug that pretty much renders it useless. One of them happens to be the Prisma Dual Cleavers. However, use anything you want. If you mod it out right, you'll be fine.

Puting in my two cents here.
Scindo prime has the highest stats so hence is by default the "strongest weapon" but as far as best, you have to look at what you prefer to use.
Tipedo is a great alternative to scindo prime. less damage but more speed to make up for it.
i've had good experiences so far with prisma duel cleavers due to their high status/crit chance giving them flexibility in playstyle.
Cant forget the classic Duel ichors with their Toxic/crit damage being insane.

If i had a choice of any weapon in the game for generalized usage. Scindo prime will always win.

If you're using Excal, the Orthos Prime is a nightmare to behold for any enemy that's unfortunate enough to be in the same room as you.

Room full of enemies? Slide attack and they all die.

Room full of tanky enemies? Cast Blind, then slide attack and they all die.

Room full of very, very tanky enemies? Cast Blind, then enjoy the stealth multiplier not being wiped out as you deal quadruple damage with slide attacks as many times as needed. Laugh as they all die.

Edited by SortaRandom

I havent played far to tell you other weapons, but I will say Dual Ichor and Tipedo are my favourite, especially tipedo.

Both weapons used to be very stamina consuming, and U17 removed the stamina handicap, so...yeah, AWESOME. Both are crit weapons though.

Stat-wise, Scindo prime always owns (i do not own a scindo prime, but the stats can make you shiver)

Jet Kittag, Serro and that infested whip I used to copter with. Serro is quite similar to the Orthos in gameplay.

yes I use Serro too, usually against corpus.

If you're using Excal, the Orthos Prime is a nightmare to behold for any enemy that's unfortunate enough to be in the same room as you.

Room full of enemies? Slide attack and they all die.

Room full of tanky enemies? Cast Blind, then slide attack and they all die.

Room full of very, very tanky enemies? Cast Blind, then enjoy the stealth multiplier not being wiped out as you deal quadruple damage with slide attacks as many times as needed. Laugh as they all die.

wait, why is that? I use the prisma skana for mods

Edited by Fedaykyn

wait, why is that? I use the prisma skana for mods

The range on Orthos and Orthos Prime is absolutely ridiculous, and slapping on Primed Reach lets you hit enemies that are more than 10m away, easily. The slide attacks are basically small circular nukes, especially on Blinded enemies.

It doesn't quite have the raw damage of a Scindo Prime or something, but the fact that you can do multiple consecutive hits on Blinded enemies without losing the stealth multiplier makes up for this quite easily. For clarity, none of the other Stealth-multiplier-enabling frames (Ash, Loki, Mirage) seem to have this capability, which is why they tend to rely on one-hit-wonders like ScindoP and CL daggers to get the most out of that forced multiplier.

What build for Scindo Prime?

Crit+Berserk? Full damage? Primed Reach?

And with Tempo Royal?

Just started building so thanks for tipping in.

Cheers

Edit: fricken french auto-correction

Edited by Gwenwed

What build for Scindo Prime?

Crit+Berserk? Full damage? Primed Reach?

And with Tempo Royal?

Just started building so thanks for tipping in.

Cheers

Edit: fricken french auto-correction

Temp Royale is my personal choice since it has a double swipe on the first hit and is also better for crit zerker builds.

And yes use True Steel, Organ Shatter and Berserker on it along with either Dual Stat or full damage mods. Depends on how you like it, I recommend Dual Stat mod for status builds since it already has a high base damage.

Edited by Sci_Ant

Cleaving Whirlwind for stupid, insane damage.

Tempo Royale for mobility with it's crazy leaps and whatnot.

In essence, Cleaving Whirlwind is good for Infested as they come to you as you are executing that crazy whirlwind combo but for everything else I would use Tempo Royale - just to be able to catch up with the ranged enemies.

However, if you are running Loki with Radial Disarm, every faction can become Infested!

Galatine is in any way superior to Scindo Prime (i know you guys love your scindo but especially if you dont use 4 corrosive projections a Galatine with a slash+status build will melt mobs quicker than scindo would).

Pressure point

Fury

Spoiled strike

Primed reach

Vicious frost

Virulent scourge

Buzz kill

Berserker

Note that i give 0 fcks about the crit dmg here since i just want the atkspeed from berserker which is always at 3 stacks even without using True steel.

Another thing is that you need arcane strike max rank to make this build work. But if you got all that you can easily kill lv 500 mobs solo.+

Hope this helps.