Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Wyrm Have A Role Anymore?

AscendantWyvern

I ask this question, not to nerf Dethcube, but to buff Wyrm and work on it to create a niche that is just as valuable as DC and Shade.

Before Dethcube, Wyrm was the coined "Offensive" Sentinel with a proactive firing tactic and a "crowd control" ability. Unfortunately, the Proactive firing was not deadly enough to be useful and the Crowd Dispersion rarely worked right, which led the de facto Sentinel to be Shade.

Now we have Dethcube, an Offensive Sentinel that is ACTUALLY damaging. It has essentially a gorgon for a weapon and the ability to VAPORIZE enemies. So...what role does Wyrm play?

:My proposal:

I propose a change to Wyrm, to make him a DEFENSIVE sentinel. Either make Crowd Dispersion better, useful even, or change it in favor of a more direct defensive ability. Give him a reactive firing ability and a shotgun to defend with. Wyrm is inferior to the other sentinels and should be looked into with care.

Finally People with a head on their shoulders and not an arse. If something is weaker than the other "something" just buff up the weaker one. Anyways cristimirt is right "Crowd Control" should be looked into cause it seems like it's missing than hitting anything, when it does seems like it does some damage but that's about it. I propose for Wyrm to use a radial blast attack like Rhino with a small chance of knockdown (Dependeing on the nearby enemies, the more enemies the higher the chance). Crowd control could become like an electrical radial blast that electrifies and of course stuns, or you could make it to blind the enemy.

Finally People with a head on their shoulders and not an arse. If something is weaker than the other "something" just buff up the weaker one. Anyways cristimirt is right "Crowd Control" should be looked into cause it seems like it's missing than hitting anything, when it does seems like it does some damage but that's about it. I propose for Wyrm to use a radial blast attack like Rhino with a small chance of knockdown (Dependeing on the nearby enemies, the more enemies the higher the chance). Crowd control could become like an electrical radial blast that electrifies and of course stuns, or you could make it to blind the enemy.

I believe in justifiable balancing, including the current changes to Iron Skin and Moult because they were still useful and tactical. However, I see the concept that Sentinels are supposed to be useful, rather than simply a pet that follows you. This is the current flaw with Wyrm in that he's little more than a distraction for the enemy to kill twice and then aim at you. That is why a change to make the Wyrm a more useful and tactical tool in the Tenno arsenal can make choosing between DC, Shade, and Wyrm can be a difficult one.

Now, as per your proposal, making Crowd Dispersion sort of a mix between radial blind and radial blast certainly is something to be entertained. Or, perhaps it could be something like Tesla, in which Wyrm zaps an enemy, stunning him for a couple seconds.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

I see Wyrm more as a Support Sentinel than anything. Put a Shock/Frost mod onto his Rifle and now he's stunning/slowing enemies for you to kill.

If anything, fix/replace Crowd Dispersion and call him support instead of offense. I haven't used DethCube yet, but if he's a badass at offense, Wyrm is useless as an offensive Sentinel.

Oops... Didn't think of that.

I still stand by the idea of changing Wyrm to support.

To be honest, I rather they give a shotgun to the cube.

It currently beats the Wyrm in everything.

Its Vaporise is better than the current Crowd Dispersion and it's rifle has higher damage and rate of fire than Wyrm's.

Got a little question...

When using loki's Invisibility power, your sentinal isn't rendered invisible... is this intentional? because it seems a little pointless.

Especially when the cloak sentinal power cloaks both sentinal and warframe.

anyone any ideas?

To be honest, I rather they give a shotgun to the cube.

It currently beats the Wyrm in everything.

Its Vaporise is better than the current Crowd Dispersion and it's rifle has higher damage and rate of fire than Wyrm's.

SO you're saying give a shotgun to DC while giving DC's gatling to Wyrm? I can see that being of use, making Wyrm better at ranged combat and (if we improve Crowd Dispersion) stun support with Dethcube being a straight up-close devastator.

Perhaps giving you those options would make deciding between the three to be a bit more essential. Do you want ranged capability and stuns, or stealth, or do you want damage? The answer being which situation you prefer, which is very much what I'd like to come out of improving Wyrm.

SO you're saying give a shotgun to DC while giving DC's gatling to Wyrm? I can see that being of use, making Wyrm better at ranged combat and (if we improve Crowd Dispersion) stun support with Dethcube being a straight up-close devastator.

Perhaps giving you those options would make deciding between the three to be a bit more essential. Do you want ranged capability and stuns, or stealth, or do you want damage? The answer being which situation you prefer, which is very much what I'd like to come out of improving Wyrm.

Well, actually I was expecting the cube to be shotgun-wielding since Shade uses a pistol and Wyrm uses a rifle but yes, we can indeed pass the cube's rifle to Wyrm.

If you ever built more than one sentinel at the same time, you would find that it was possible to give the pistol/rifle to the opposite sentinel it was intended, since it doesn't come equipped.. <_< if you build the deth cube then swap out wyrms rifle for the machine gun, you're golden.

If you ever built more than one sentinel at the same time, you would find that it was possible to give the pistol/rifle to the opposite sentinel it was intended, since it doesn't come equipped.. <_< if you build the deth cube then swap out wyrms rifle for the machine gun, you're golden.

I was not aware of that, thanks for the tip!

However, that still does not address the simple inferiority that Wyrm has compared to Dethcube. I own all three of them, and the choices are simply "High Damage ability, a short, buggy, questionably functional radial stun, or stealth. It's very easy to say which Sentinels will be chosen.

Actually, how exactly do you go about doing this, I went to my sentinel screen and changing weapons requires an available weapon to exchange with, which is not present because all sentinel weapons are currently occupied.

I believe in justifiable balancing, including the current changes to Iron Skin and Moult because they were still useful and tactical. However, I see the concept that Sentinels are supposed to be useful, rather than simply a pet that follows you. This is the current flaw with Wyrm in that he's little more than a distraction for the enemy to kill twice and then aim at you. That is why a change to make the Wyrm a more useful and tactical tool in the Tenno arsenal can make choosing between DC, Shade, and Wyrm can be a difficult one.

Now, as per your proposal, making Crowd Dispersion sort of a mix between radial blind and radial blast certainly is something to be entertained. Or, perhaps it could be something like Tesla, in which Wyrm zaps an enemy, stunning him for a couple seconds.

Or a more entertaining idea would be a lighning bolt that can travel to the nearest enemy and back allowing for an "infinite combo", stunning the enemy for a certain time, but not continuosly cause that would be OP, so maybe a cool down would be wise to use.

Make Wyrm the ultimate CC sentinel. Give it a shotgun, possibly with a bit of Puncture, so elemental mods hit as many people as possible and fix/improve its Crowd Dispersion the way others mentioned.

Or a more entertaining idea would be a lighning bolt that can travel to the nearest enemy and back allowing for an "infinite combo", stunning the enemy for a certain time, but not continuosly cause that would be OP, so maybe a cool down would be wise to use.

Something like that sounds cool...perhaps it deals very minimal damage, but it links to all within five meters of the previous target.