Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is My Internet Connection So Slow?

Goosmo

This happens randomly from time to time. I could play games with a decent connection, and the day after it's unplayable.

I get disconnected on skype when talking to my friends, and they keep telling me to "fix it". Is there even a way that i can do that?

Your description is quite broad and you probably want to add as many details as possible.

Monitor your effective connection speed over time by doing daily tests with speedtest.net both in normal situations and when you report slowness.

I had a problem with my router malfunctioning and randomly cutting connection speed. Fixed by replacing router.

Time of day you usually see those slowdowns?

Model of router?

Wireless or cable?

Proxies? VPN?

Who is your ISP?

Your description is quite broad and you probably want to add as many details as possible.

Monitor your effective connection speed over time by doing daily tests with speedtest.net both in normal situations and when you report slowness.

I had a problem with my router malfunctioning and randomly cutting connection speed. Fixed by replacing router.

Time of day you usually see those slowdowns?

Model of router?

Wireless or cable?

Proxies? VPN?

These two. Your IP, router, and connection type are important to work out the problem.