Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relays Vs. Dojos

Essephex

I forget which devstream, but there was mention that Relays to a bit of the glory from Dojos. Which is true, they became more of Research Factories and Trade Hubs than Clan hangout spots(for most clans anyways). However, it was also mentioned about revamping Dojos to their former glory as to compete with Relays.

Well, one day I had an ADHD, so-stupid-it-might-work idea(of shower origin. The best kind). What if the Dojos were connected to the Relays? Like docked to them?

Wait wait wait!!! Hold those tomatoes!

Add 8 floors to the Relays. Each floor would have 8 passageways(North, South, etc). Dojos could then be docked to the Relays. For a price. The cost of Solar Rails? Ya, like that. Not. Cheap. BUT!!! Each Relay would then have 64 Dojo "slots". Run out of room? Add more. Alliances? They'd get a Dojo "hub". All the Clans would dock to the Alliance Hub, and the Hub to the Relay.

Players would be able to walk freely to and from the Relay and their Dojo with no load screens. Clan Leaders(or other position similar to Tactictian)? They can set restrictions on who(if anyone) outside of the clan can enter. Alliances would do the same. No one outside the clan allowed inside? Leaders(or whatever position) can allow the distribution to Clan/Alliance Ciphers. Now your spies can give you intel on enemy clan movements!(Shhhhhh....)

Restrictions? Of course! No Dojo spamming. Clans would have to have a certain number of active players within a given timeframe(3 players log on within a 1 month period)(or something like that. I turned of the water at this point). Can't access that particular Relay node in the system? New clan member nowhere near Uranus? Not to worry! You can still access the Dojo! But you can't go to the Relay(You know the energy barriers at the entrance to Relays? Ya those. Members without access can't pass through. They just kinda bump into it. Or it can throw em onto their butt like a backwards Corpus Laser Barrier).

This could open up customization for the EXTERIORS of the Dojos, similar to the Liset.

The point would be to show off your Dojo. Or to not.

Share it with everyone! - "Party at our Dojo! Tonight we drink the blood of our enemies! Whoo!"

Or hide away in secrecy. - Shrouded in mystery. Appearing rarely, and briefly beyond your domain.

Why have the Dojos and the Relays compete? Intermingle. Balance.

What do you guys think? Too ridiculous? Is it? Or is it so ridiculous, it's the most ridiculously perfect idea that you never thought of? Or just the regular kind of ridiculous?

Also, if anyone knows which Devstream it was, please link it. It was recent, I believe.

The lag would be horrendous, trading would crash all the time, the amount of threads being made would make the website lag, AGAIN, traversing Relays would be even more of a chore than it already is, even with teleporters or quick travel via menus, DE would have server crashes prevalent CONSTANTLY, and they'd have to buy even more servers and spend even more money, content production would slow down with the need for bug fixes, bug fixes would slow down with the need for server costs, server costs would cause platinum and everything else to cost more.

The lag would be horrendous, trading would crash all the time, the amount of threads being made would make the website lag, AGAIN, traversing Relays would be even more of a chore than it already is, even with teleporters or quick travel via menus, DE would have server crashes prevalent CONSTANTLY, and they'd have to buy even more servers and spend even more money, content production would slow down with the need for bug fixes, bug fixes would slow down with the need for server costs, server costs would cause platinum and everything else to cost more.

Naturally. Which is why it wouldn't happen for quite awhile.

How about an alternative to free roam? Add a loading screen to separate the Dojos/Alliance Hubs from the Relays? Roughly the same setup as above, but Dojos would be loaded/unloaded upon entering/exiting?

Edited by Tech_PonyStyle

Want to restore glory to the Dojos? Easy.

Dojo-wide fight clubs.

With my clan's 70-80+ room behemoth of a Shadow clan Dojo, I'd be quite thrilled with this kind of stupidity.

I actually had a thought on that. Just imagine. Dojo Grifball Stadiums. Even better. Alliance vs Alliance

And once again, yes the loading and rendering and threading would be horrid, but DE is very good at surprising us. Optimization comes after concept.

Edit: I went off topic. Yes, dear Lord, that would be fantastic. Everyone to the Dojo! Let's kill each other.

Edited by Tech_PonyStyle

Naturally. Which is why it wouldn't happen for quite awhile.

How about an alternative to free roam? Add a loading screen to separate the Dojos/Alliance Hubs from the Relays? Roughly the same setup as above, but Dojos would be loaded/unloaded upon entering/exiting?

That would take away 70% of the problems.

Just not the amount of threads or how annoying it would be to move.

Other than that it's a pretty good idea. Maybe not 60 Dojos though.

That's a bit crazy.

That would take away 70% of the problems.

Just not the amount of threads or how annoying it would be to move.

Other than that it's a pretty good idea. Maybe not 60 Dojos though.

That's a bit crazy.

Good point. Optimization would come in due time though. Technological progression and all that. Plus, DE is full of freaking wizards.

The 64 Dojos thing is more of a proof of concept. It's just to show that despite how many Clans there are, there'll always be plenty of room. That's all I meant. A more realistic number(and I use the term 'realistic' as seriously as a game about space ninjas will allow) would probably be 16, maybe 24 to start with. Maybe even less. The compass theme is supposed to go along with Solar Chart 3.0.

I actually had a thought on that. Just imagine. Dojo Grifball Stadiums. Even better. Alliance vs Alliance

And once again, yes the loading and rendering and threading would be horrid, but DE is very good at surprising us. Optimization comes after concept.

Edit: I went off topic. Yes, dear Lord, that would be fantastic. Everyone to the Dojo! Let's kill each other.

Plus that'd be a great way to bring back Conclave 1.0 without interfering with Conclave. Granted it wasn't balanced at all, but it was the only way to have an all-Opticor duel where stealth becomes your best friend, since one shot is basically a guaranteed kill.

Edited by Camelslayer

• 2 weeks later...

Dojos are very much for clans to prep for things. Interact with members and share information. Relays are a community hub. Bringing the two together would benefit both in my eyes.

I feel like Dojos are for clans to act freely. Set their own rules(or non-rules). Almost like clans take on a role as a group. Whether it be a fight club or crazy cultists.

Relays are for everyone to come together.

Having the Relays and Dojos connected(but not a giant cluster of cataclysmic lag) would allow for exponentially more interaction in the community. In fact, this could open up the possibility for lone Tenno to support clans or groups of clans or alliances, but remain neutral. Almost like "Build a Syndicate Workshop"(Red Veil still owes us for Specters of Liberty, why do I owe them a Forma and 100,000 damn credits? They should be paying ME.).

I'm not saying that the Syndicates are bad. I'm saying that we could add more to the Dark Sector area of the game. Clans could propaganda in specified areas of the Relays and recruit in another. Heck, throw in some more rooms in the Relays(where's our cantina, DE?).

It just seems like the Dojos, Relays, and Rails could all be wrapped together into one big rework. I personally feel like they'd synth extremely well with each other. Solar Rails seem a bit disconnected from the rest of the game, and Relays feel like they should be the Cornerstone of the Tenno framework, while Clans and Alliances almost seem like player built and controlled Syndicates.

Thoughts?

Edited by Tech_PonyStyle