The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Complain About How Rng And Grindy This Game Is?

Sabrewolfe

Every thread I open there's atleast a few posts in each stating how Warframe is an RNG or grindy game in a negative way.

Do people want everything given to them for free or have everything so easily obtainable? 

Do you complainers not realise that every top MMO is a grinder and RNG. 

They even focus on grinding and RNG too much .... you play a game to have fun .. so play for fun and things will come with time ... 

Have you ever tried it?

Don't exaggerate everything like "We want every new content which are just released."

IMO this thread is meta-complaint, in b4 lock.

Edited by VCaptiion

Every thread I open there's atleast a few posts in each stating how Warframe is an RNG or grindy game in a negative way.

Do people want everything given to them for free or have everything so easily obtainable? 

Do you complainers not realise that every top MMO is a grinder and RNG. 

They even focus on grinding and RNG too much .... you play a game to have fun .. so play for fun and things will come with time ... 

Because maybe it is fun the first hundreds / thousands of times, sure, but after you have done the same missions and same type of grinding for a certain amount you eventually burn out and get bored when new content is released and realize it requires that same type of grinding that you already did xxx amount of times, in the same missions and method. And lately it seems even worse in the aspect that some new content seem to require even more grinding and patience (See Wukong and Ivara requirements to get and build without spending plat).

It is not just the amount of times, but the random luck involved. Which means you could get it in the first runs, or spend countless hours and days and weeks and not get even a single piece.

The real issue is Warframe's grind is stale. Some games can actually make grinding fun, mostly because they offer a huge variety of drops, making every enemy a potential pinata full of goodies, all of which are potentially valuable in SOME way. Here? There's very little diversity and the tables are so poorly arranged that after a while the game becomes a chore instead of an adventure.  

My pattern of playing Warframe is basically, play for a while, resources dry up and can't get more to drop because of RNG crapshoot... burn out from the boring grind and quit for 3 months. Get bored with other games and come back, luck out (maybe) while playing with some friends. Keep playing, use up resources again, RNG and drop location specificity makes grind unbearable again, burn out again, quit for another 3 months. Repeat ad-infinitum.

I'd love to have a forma bp. I haven't seen one in several months. But, they won't drop. Instead I get low level prime parts and more keys. Do I grind for 8 hours solid? No. I might go for 5 hours, with a group on a conference call. Solo, which is typical for me, the game can't hold my attention for more than 2 hours unless there is a quest involved. And, I think that's the real problem. Warframe doesn't have enough content doesn't utilize its vast amount of content in ways that are effective at reducing tedium.

Lest this be seen as another user complaining, some thoughts on how to make things more interesting without messing with the drop rates... Why not use some of the ample RNG in Warframe to change up mission aspects as we play? Use it to make the lore come to life in every mission, and give us a sense of immersion? At least in my case, if that was done effectively, the grind would be less of a turn-off.

I'd say a chunk is how poorly implemented the RNG is, something substantiated by the loading screen tip of letting somebody else host.

Then you have the refusal to actually publish the RNG code and rates, leaving them as something that dataminers, who aren't supposed to, have to work out.

Its a rather bad taste, and things like the Chesa kubrow show that DE isn't playing fair with how its done.

This then naturally leads to a very quick outrage, before we arrive at the dilution of drops.

I mean look at Stalker, he gets 2 new drops, but still has all those mods we have from so many other places, or the rage of forma in the void and before that mag parts.

Quite frankly, DE could do a lot to help themselves with this by releasing the rng and drop code so people could check it for being fair.