Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With 17.2 Paralysis Is Even More Useless.

Rhaenxys

With the increase recover speed for staggers and the long animation (more than a lot of abilities out there) paralysis is just completely useless now, sometimes it just drains all of your shields and 7 health (video proof below) for pretty low damage.

With the quicker recovery from the stagger you dont even have time to get a few shots on your enemy because of the animation, all it does is penalize you for nothing.

So, ripline is way more difficult to hit an enemy than other first abilities, warcry slow debuff is only 15%... Valkyr demand changes in conclave to be honest.

Edited by Rhaenxys

Paralysis isn't really worth using without the augment Prolonged Paralysis and boosted power range. And yeah Valkyr needs some serious buffs. For example, Rip Line is pretty much useless now with parkour 2.0. That needs to be lowered to 10 energy cost or redone to be more useful. I'm hoping that a Valkyr buff comes along with the Pre-corpus skin (which I can't wait for) whenever that is released.

I'm talking a buff in general, not just conclave. 

Edited by Drazhar14

but guys, if you want buff her, first we need to nerf her 4th.. just saying.

I'd rather have pvp not based around iwin buttons, but for that weapon damage would need to go down not up and powers would need to give strategic advantages rather than free kills.

Which seems to be the opposite direction the game is running headlong into.

I'd rather have pvp not based around iwin buttons, but for that weapon damage would need to go down not up and powers would need to give strategic advantages rather than free kills.

Which seems to be the opposite direction the game is running headlong into.

Exactly, they can even remove energy from conclave, i won't mind at all.

but guys, if you want buff her, first we need to nerf her 4th.. just saying.

Huh? I almost never get killed by her 4, especially since (a) when Valkyr uses 4, her shout can be heard across the map. And everyone would run away like rabbits; (b) with Parkour 2.0, running away from Valk's 4 has never been easier; (c ) the Hysterical Fixation mod effect has been changed (it used to add duration for every kill. Now it only adds back shield for every kill). This is already a big nerf. 

Edited by elele

Huh? I almost never get killed by her 4, especially since (a) when Valkyr uses 4, her shout can be heard across the map. And everyone would run away like rabbits; (b) with Parkour 2.0, running away from Valk's 4 has never been easier; (c ) the Hysterical Fixation mod effect has been changed (it used to add duration for every kill. Now it only adds back shield for every kill). This is already a big nerf. 

i see, but that 1 hit kill is really way too strong... most of the times im killed cuz im busy killing someone else and she shows up from behind.

what if: she becomes imortal but makes moderate damage, like if it was a normal melle like skana...

I didnt know they changed hysterical fixation, it only restore shields per kill? what a nonsense, she already haves a pretty low shield value, thats useless for cutting by half hysteria duration.

Correction: im home now and i did a quick match, hysterical fixation is restoring shields per kill AND giving 5 seconds per kill like it did before.

Edited by Rhaenxys

i see, but that 1 hit kill is really way too strong... most of the times im killed cuz im busy killing someone else and she shows up from behind.

what if: she becomes imortal but makes moderate damage, like if it was a normal melle like skana...

Not trying to sound rude but awareness is something you need in any PvP game, hysteria is one of the most easily evaded ultimates/4, you only to constantly bullet jump and remain in the air as long as possible, if a Valkyr catch you because you are busy killing someone it doesnt matter if she is using hysteria, a properly skilled player will deal a significant amount of damage or even kill you if you are distracted on another target.

I'm surprised no one pointed this out. Two things in your video:

• The first time you use Paralysis, the target is at the very end of their spawn invulnerability phase.
  • The second time you use Paralysis, the target is using melee; targets using melee are immune to stagger.

And you aren't alone about point two, and I definitely understand how annoying it can be. When I use Slash Dash, if my target is using melee, it blocks the stagger completely. So it's definitely not the ability that caused this, just the mechanics of PVP.

I'm surprised no one pointed this out. Two things in your video:

• The first time you use Paralysis, the target is at the very end of their spawn invulnerability phase.

• The second time you use Paralysis, the target is using melee; targets using melee are immune to stagger.

And you aren't alone about point two, and I definitely understand how annoying it can be. When I use Slash Dash, if my target is using melee, it blocks the stagger completely. So it's definitely not the ability that caused this, just the mechanics of PVP.

The video was there mainly to show how sometimes paralysis drains all of your shields and affecting your health too, it was an unedited video, the fight with that melee guy was totally not intended, if it reflects more PvP problems then is just better.

Melee shouldnt offer invulnerability to staggers and even more with how low their duration is now, agree with that.