Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I've Lost Trust In De

Eerie_Iri

It is highly amusing and yet simultaneously horrifying how quickly this thread oscillates between sheer madness and a sensible conversation, sadly with madness winning out most of the time.

If I were DE I wouldn't want to read this gibberish either, fortunately, as a bystander, I'm not the target.

Most of it is people with no clear figures, no clear agenda and poor literary skills arguing for what appears to be sake of arguing. There is still a value to the opinion of dedicated players, even if they can't back it up numerically without access to figures that not even DE may have. For you brick-brains who can't understand that, get over yourselves.

Say it louder for the kids in the back.

It is highly amusing and yet simultaneously horrifying how quickly this thread oscillates between sheer madness and a sensible conversation, sadly with madness winning out most of the time.

If I were DE I wouldn't want to read this gibberish either, fortunately, as a bystander, I'm not the target.

Most of it is people with no clear figures, no clear agenda and poor literary skills arguing for what appears to be sake of arguing. There is still a value to the opinion of dedicated players, even if they can't back it up numerically without access to figures that not even DE may have. For you brick-brains who can't understand that, get over yourselves.

This.

I'm not sure it's the most sensible approach to the situation.

If I was DE, or even the playerbase, I would actually be particularly attentive to what happens in any thread of this kind. Because players b!tching is a very dangerous thing for a developer, and of course for the players themselves. It broke entire franchises in the past, as well as other F2P games. And whether this b!tching is justified or not is irrelevant, the effect is the same at the end of the day. It attracts unwanted attention, can unfortunately create a sometimes undeserved bad reputation. And it can cost loads of money. So I'd be less... dismissive of how disruptive this can be if I were you.

Complaining without proposing solutions is still better than keeping your mouth shut and taking all the crap thrown at you with a shrug. If only people who had all the numbers and facts were allowed to complain, then we'd all be f!cked, because no one here has access to such information. And like I said before, there are always people in that mass of "brick-brains" that will ride that wave and propose sensible solutions. The first impulse is what matters. Is it a "good" or sane way to get things done? Probably not, I agree entirely there. But it does get things done, good or bad. Might as well try to ensure it's the good ones that win. Or at the very least that the bad ones don't win, don't you think?

Edited by Marthrym

Well you have to remember, the forums are full with people complaining and asking for nerfs because they don't do as good as their teammate.

And of course if DE makes a decision about 60-80% of the people automatically assume it's the right one regardless, which is why the feedback section is such a nightmare.

Exactly. The majority of people complaining about G-Pull Mag were people that wanted to run off on their own, basically playing a co-op mission as if it were solo.

That certainly seems to be the impression I get when I read nerf suggestions like that. I can only speculate on that person's point of view so much over a computer screen.

I can't deny that I see a lot of threads trying to dictate how players should play the game, how they should be using their abilities, weapons, etc. Draco, Peacemaker, Exalted Wave, GPull, survival camping are some examples, I'm sure you can name more.

I'm never a fan of trying to tell someone what to do in a game that is supposed to be co-op and is supposed to have player choice. If someone constantly uses Gpull, at least now I have a central place to resupply. Pilfering Swarm? I'll take more loot. Peacemaker? If it makes defense easier sign me up. Draco? Void and Dark Sectors are also good places for lvling. Why should I care people camp Draco?

If I could prioritize DE's laundry list, it would focus on enemy AI and bugs first. Then balancing weapons/frames to increase the amount of choices we have, NOT relying on mods we can't get (that doesn't mean nerfing boltor p either). I see some characters are less viable against high lvl enemies without spamming abilities. I see that as a problem as well that should be prioritized over "Ways to stop people from camping. Part 20". 

Edited by (XB1)BAMMM Lightning