Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halo 5 News & More [Gaming News]

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-dev-responds-to-no-split-screen-criticisms/1100-6429819/

So it seems that there wont be any split-screen functionality in Halo 5. Though I don't play Halo anymore, this just makes me sad.

They stated that they did this because:

"Many of our ambitious goals for Halo 5 would be compromised in a split-screen setting and the time spent optimizing and addressing split-screen-specific issues would take focus from building other parts of the game," he said. "Game development is a balancing act of resources, time, and technology, and in this case we made the tough decision to sacrifice something that's been near and dear to us all."

Rainbow Six Siege has also been delayed till December. 
Well that sucks... Ubisoft has stated that:
"This wasn’t an easy decision, but based on the feedback we’ve received, and based on our own internal tests, we felt there are adjustments and improvements we can make, including improving the co-op experience across all game modes, weapon and gadget balancing, as well as menu and interface navigation," Ubisoft wrote. "We’re taking a little more time to make these changes, and we think it’s the right call."

Hopefully the game wont be a buggy mess when it's released. 

So yeah, the TellTale games story involving Borderlands has the 4th episode out already.
I played it. You will cry if you ever cared about the characters.

Resident Evil 2 remake has been confirmed by Capcom (to which I screaming in joy), but sadly the fan-remake of RE2 has been cancelled. But don't feel bad, the developers of the remake are happy about the news:
"Contrary to what might be thought, this is wonderful news for us and, as fans, we're so happy that Capcom has decided to take the lead of the project and to develop the remake awaited for years by everybody (nobody could bring back to life the masterpiece of 1998 better than the creators themselves). Meanwhile as developers, we're honoured to announce that we've been officially invited to meet Capcom," InvaderGames wrote. "Capcom called us up in advance of the announcement and asked us if we would mind stopping the project as they had longer term plans for a Resident Evil 2 Remake. They have invited us to a meeting to discuss further ideas."
Edited by TheSpookyGhost

Oh really... a Halo without split-screen? Come on 343.

Looks like human to human interaction in gaming is not allowed anymore.

Really really disappointing.

One of my fondest memories is from playing split-screen.

Erebus? 

Mmmmyeeessss?

Edited by TheSpookyGhost

Yeah, 343 have lost touch of what Halo was. It was never a Doritos, MLG, Mountain dew game. It was always first and foremost a party game, that's why splitscreen, LAN (System Link), custom games, and multiple gametypes were important. I can see 343's vision of halo running the game into the ground.

Rainbow six seige should be okay, it's been in development for a looong time and started out as vegas 3. I just wish game companies would realise that campaigns still matter in shooters. Looking at you EA, claiming SW battlefront didn't need campaign because no one plays battlefields one, probly because battlefields campaigns were terrible for the most part.

One of my fondest memories is from playing split-screen.

I remember when we were playing Halo 3 for like 6 hours straight having fun loling around. Damn.. And for each halo release we did a little party like that with my friends in splitscreen in the basement. 

Oh the nostalgia..