The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Plans To Restore Private Lobbies

NoeleVeerod

I have played against random people, and that seems to have improved my reflexes and general skill (basically because I was trying not to be crushed). Perks of playing in Public lobbies!

But today my clan mates and I literally invaded a single instance, and it was fun as hell. With little to no random players in our lobby, we've had some great clan PvP fun.

Which makes me say again: DE please consider restoring/adding the option to have Private lobbies!

That still won't make me abandon Public lobbies - I need my daily dose of being beaten hard from other pros to stay fit. :p But I would love to have more clan-dedicated shootouts like this.

Edited by Vintovka

I have played against random people, and that seems to have improved my reflexes and general skill (basically because I was trying not to be crushed). Perks of playing in Public lobbies!

But today my clan mates and I literally invaded a single instance, and it was fun as hell. With little to no random players in our lobby, we've had some great clan PvP fun.

Which makes me say again: DE please consider restoring/adding the option to have Private lobbies!

That still won't make me abandon Public lobbies - I need my daily dose of being beaten hard from other pros to stay fit. :p But I would love to have more clan-dedicated shootouts like this.

Set matchmaking friends only, start conclave match, invite friends profit.

I'd say the main reason it's not being added, is because people could invite their friends to private session for easy reputation and daily challenge completion. So if they add those, they'll probably have to disable all the reputation gain, but that doesn't seem like a solid solution.

I'd say the main reason it's not being added, is because people could invite their friends to private session for easy reputation and daily challenge completion. So if they add those, they'll probably have to disable all the reputation gain, but that doesn't seem like a solid solution.

You're probably right. But even if they did so, I wouldn't care. I can live without that kind of "cheesing the game".

yes, we need it back but it probably will be unranked so people cant statpad. thats probably the reason it was removed in first place.

Well I would be happy if we could still gain reputation. But you can make some good rep even when taking a beating in Public, so I won't complain if they disable rep gain in Private lobbies. Maybe just leaving Affinity gain as it is and disabling Conclave rep gain would be pure gold.

That's what I did, a couple randoms still entered the match when we weren't eight yet.

Also, I recall matchmaking being forced to Public for connection reasons or something of that sort.

The problem with private matches, is that it could be abused to farm reputation. Lot of people are playing Conclave just to ''farm the syndicate'', mostly players that are not really interested in PvP, but are completionists and want the mods and sigils anyway. I can see that being exploited to farm syndicate reputation, if we have something like private matches.

I believe that if the option for private lobbies were implemented, no rewards, syndicate reputation, or kill/death count on the Conclave stats, should take place in these private games.

On a side note, if you want a band-aid solution, set your region to Oceania, and ping limit to 100, it is unlikely that someone will join. I do that to do 1x1's with my Clan mates, or test stuff with friends.

That doesn't work.

The problem with private matches, is that it could be abused to farm reputation. Lot of people are playing Conclave just to ''farm the syndicate'', mostly players that are not really interested in PvP, but are completionists and want the mods and sigils anyway. I can see that being exploited to farm syndicate reputation, if we have something like private matches.

I believe that if the option for private lobbies were implemented, no rewards, syndicate reputation, or kill/death count on the Conclave stats, should take place in these private games.

I admit that I'm a bit of a completionist myself, but I can see why would one want to allow stat registering and rep gain only in Public lobbies - it's really unlikely that one will be able to farm an excellent K/D to look pro, or take advantage of biased competition to get rep, when the matchmaking decides who will be opposing them.

I'd say the main reason it's not being added, is because people could invite their friends to private session for easy reputation and daily challenge completion.

People do that with current public matchmaking system.

I'd support private conclaves with reputation rewards, but without the challenges.