The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Thing The Jat Does At Least Get Right

Impulse_Nine

So I notice there is a lot of negative talk over the Jat Kittag and I think that's quite justified. I won't reiterate it. Needless to say I agree with most of whats said.

I write this because I'd like to say that for all its problems- it does something I think is extremely difficult to do, and that's strike me (literally) as a slightly different kind of heavy weapon. One that does more, easier control of other players.

I think there should be a drawback to this (a big one)- but differentiating heavy melee weapons isn't something I would have thought very possible yet I think its cool that it has. As a player, I like making choices, and two slightly different flavours of heavy melee weaponry to choose from is an interesting choice.

So when balancing it, much as I loathe it in many ways- I think it would be a shame to change it into a completely standard heavy melee a la Gram / Galatine / Scindo. It would be a safe way to go, but I think the entire class of hammers have a natural opportunity here to differentiate themselves from heavy blades, -perhaps by having that bigger slam but taking several seconds longer than the blades to recover after a slam attack (though this would make hammers feel very clunky and perhaps "un-tennolike").

So if you can make the Jat different and not better, great! If not though, then as others implore- please do nerf it.

Thre is no way to nerf the Jat Kittag, Galantine, or the Nikanas they are just too insane powerfull.

Even the Nikana nerf doesnt have any impact now.

Those 3 weapons should only used in Pve game. The Skindo & Fraggor are ok to have as heavy weapon.

Edited by 1N33DM0N3Y

Doesn't the Dragon Nikana deal the same amount of damage as regular swords?  >_>

I think if the time to recover from performing a slam attack was the same length of time to recover from being knocked down there wouldn't be much issue.  I think the problem is being knocked down without the ability to fight back.

If staggering and knocking down took the same time to perform as it is to recover, no one could get those cheap shots in that, and continuous staggers would have no reason to exist, and further be more difficult to pull off stagger/knockdowns over and over.

Doesn't the Dragon Nikana deal the same amount of damage as regular swords?  >_>

When you take into account of stances and channeling, Nikana is far more dangerous.  Both Sword stances are pretty slow in term of basic combo where nikana got some decent and easy to use combo

Pretty much some weapons have derf quick attack but good combo and vice versa.  That should be taken into account when balancing weapons.

Ex: The bo and heavy falls into the categories of derf quick melee and awesome combo (and outright lethal with channeling) where the longsword and tonfa (before getting massive nerf) are the good quick melee with derp combo.

Edited by Hueminator

When you take into account of stances and channeling, Nikana is far more dangerous. Both Sword stances are pretty slow in term of basic combo where nikana got some decent and easy to use combo

Don't all melee have the same damage buff for channeling?

And...I can see the point about the combos... I know I read somewhere that the damage for various attacks within combos was modified, such as with tempo royale. However, as long as various combos lock in movement and perhaps trap players in attack animations, some stances and weapons will have specific advantages...which is kinda sad. I have yet to see one sword player running around with the Crimson Dervish stance.

Don't all melee have the same damage buff for channeling?

And...I can see the point about the combos... I know I read somewhere that the damage for various attacks within combos was modified, such as with tempo royale. However, as long as various combos lock in movement and perhaps trap players in attack animations, some stances and weapons will have specific advantages...which is kinda sad. I have yet to see one sword player running around with the Crimson Dervish stance.

The reason I also channeling is because blind justice modify your quick attack animation but it's still derp.  About animation, some weapon start off really fast first couple hits (more burst DPS).  One example is you go full melee of rending crane vs cleaving whirlwind (same quick attack animation).  When you go full melee, Cleaving Whirlwind have a very fast 2nd hit animation so you take out a target much faster.

So far the full melee viable that I was able to observe are Fang's Sinking Talon, Nikana's Blind Justice, Heavy channeled, Bo's Clashing Forest.

I heard S&S new stances pretty good too, but then it's so rare you hardly see it.