Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Event Concept] The Fatal Embryo : The Return Of The Black Seed

FoxFX

(I decided to at least post up a few works before I officially stop posting things in the forums. Just difficult times in these threads)

Lore

Lotus: Tenno, do you remember the Black Seed organization that were responsible for the release of the Juggernaut Behemoth? It appears after Alad V caught wind of their raid in one of his labs, he has taken it upon himself to subjugate them as punishment. The Black Seed now work under Alad V and are pillaging Corpus technology across the galaxy with swarms of Infested in their control.

I must warn you, these "Mutalist Crewman" of the Black Seed have undergone the same condition as Alad V and are geared with unique Infested weaponry. Whatever Alad V is up to, when it comes to the Infested, we cannot overlook this.

Mechanics of the Mission

These events are a series of Assassination Missions where you must go and hunt 1-3 of these "Mutalist Crewman" bosses leading the Infested in Corpus-controlled planets. In the Nightmare Mode (Located in Pluto), one of these Mutalist Crewman will be accompanied with a Juggernaut Behemoth.

Rewards

Stratos Emblem

Fusion Cores and Transmutation Cores

Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint

Formas & Credits

Unique Melee Mod - [Reaping Strike]: (Scythe Melee Mod): Each attack has a 20% Chance to stagger an enemy opening them up for a FINISHER ATTACK.

The Mutalist Crewman

The Black Seed Mutalist Crewman are all Corpus Crewman that have devoted themselves to Alad V and are mutated by the Infested to an extent of being almost like Mutalist Alad V. They are all Infested Sinew HEALTH stat but also come with their Proto Shield SHIELD stat. Each of these Mutalist Crewman come with unique abilities and wield Infested-weapons to attack.

• Mutalist C. Charger: Uses Synapse and can increase the speed of Mutalist Infested
  • Mutalist C. Captain: Uses Phage and can summon Mutalist Ospreys
  • Mutalist C. Tactician: Uses Mire and can cloak themselves invisible (but partially visible)
  • Mutalist C. Elite: Uses Tysis and can clone themselves once
  • Mutalist C. Engineer: Uses Mutalist Quanta and increases the attack of nearby Infested allies

Ending Lore

Black Seed Operative: Master Alad, the Tenno attempted to intercept us, but we have managed to collect the materials necessary for the next phase.

Mutalist Alad V: You Black Seed are indeed impressive. Hurry back here with the rest. The "J3" project shall now be fully realized...

but the thing is that alad v recently aquired a "cure" for the infested from tyl regor's lab and said he was going to use it to remove the infested virus from his system... however what he says he is going to do and what he will do are two different things.

all and all i think your idea is AWESOME! and would definately like to see it in game.

(I decided to at least post up a few works before I officially stop posting things in the forums. Just difficult times in these threads)

Lore

Lotus: Tenno, do you remember the Black Seed organization that were responsible for the release of the Juggernaut Behemoth? It appears after Alad V caught wind of their raid in one of his labs, he has taken it upon himself to subjugate them as punishment. The Black Seed now work under Alad V and are pillaging Corpus technology across the galaxy with swarms of Infested in their control.

I must warn you, these "Mutalist Crewman" of the Black Seed have undergone the same condition as Alad V and are geared with unique Infested weaponry. Whatever Alad V is up to, when it comes to the Infested, we cannot overlook this.

Mechanics of the Mission

These events are a series of Assassination Missions where you must go and hunt 1-3 of these "Mutalist Crewman" bosses leading the Infested in Corpus-controlled planets. In the Nightmare Mode (Located in Pluto), one of these Mutalist Crewman will be accompanied with a Juggernaut Behemoth.

Rewards

Stratos Emblem

Fusion Cores and Transmutation Cores

Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint

Formas & Credits

Unique Melee Mod - [Reaping Strike]: (Scythe Melee Mod): Each attack has a 20% Chance to stagger an enemy opening them up for a FINISHER ATTACK.

The Mutalist Crewman

The Black Seed Mutalist Crewman are all Corpus Crewman that have devoted themselves to Alad V and are mutated by the Infested to an extent of being almost like Mutalist Alad V. They are all Infested Sinew HEALTH stat but also come with their Proto Shield SHIELD stat. Each of these Mutalist Crewman come with unique abilities and wield Infested-weapons to attack.

• Mutalist C. Charger: Uses Synapse and can increase the speed of Mutalist Infested
  • Mutalist C. Captain: Uses Phage and can summon Mutalist Ospreys
  • Mutalist C. Tactician: Uses Mire and can cloak themselves invisible (but partially visible)
  • Mutalist C. Elite: Uses Tysis and can clone themselves once
  • Mutalist C. Engineer: Uses Mutalist Quanta and increases the attack of nearby Infested allies

Ending Lore

Black Seed Operative: Master Alad, the Tenno attempted to intercept us, but we have managed to collect the materials necessary for the next phase.

Mutalist Alad V: You Black Seed are indeed impressive. Hurry back here with the rest. The "J3" project shall now be fully realized...

I like this

Let's re-write this.

Nef Anyo wants to re-infect Alad V, and mutate him under Nef's control. Nef Anyo wants your help to "domesticate" Alad, and the Lotus warns you that this could have severe, unanticipated consequences. The "j3" slip-up should only occur after the Escalation phase, which is repeatable and has level 50/60/70/80 Mutalist Crewman, depending on player count. The Escalation phase would drop (blank) event mod set, the Reaping Strike mod you created, or one of (blank) rare rewards. First completion of the Escalation phase rewards players with 50,000 credits and 5xRare fusion cores.

Edited by (XB1)JasonsNightmare

but the thing is that alad v recently aquired a "cure" for the infested from tyl regor's lab and said he was going to use it to remove the infested virus from his system... however what he says he is going to do and what he will do are two different things.

all and all i think your idea is AWESOME! and would definately like to see it in game.

Errrr, in the Tubeman of Regor Alad kinda want to cure his infestation

Do you REALLY trust Alad V to even use the cure?

This is the guy that made a pet Robot Dog out of Tenno parts and is speculated to be responsible for dis-configuring Valkyr.

This is the guy that shifted to the Infested side and made the Mutalist Infested.

Also, the last thing that proves that Alad V is still Mutalist is that event could've gone both ways. If Nef Anyo were to win, Alad V would've never got his hands on the cure and still remain Mutalist. We were just choosing between two evils: the mad scientist and the con-artist. With this, it can be assumed that regardless of whoever would win, nothing would necessarily change besides winning a new gun.

Now DE has teased in the Devstreams the arrival of the J3 Golem which we have seen also has some robotic parts to it. Who would you think is responsible for creating that who has done so already?

Alad V is nonredeemable and just as vile as they come. It would not surprise me that he is willing to keep the cure for himself so that no one else would be able to use it against the Infested.

He is already shunned by the Corpus thanks to Frohd Bek demanding us to take him out. Why risk changing back to normal when no one would accept him?

Edited by FoxFX

Do you REALLY trust Alad V to even use the cure?

This is the guy that made a pet Robot Dog out of Tenno parts and is speculated to be responsible for dis-configuring Valkyr.

This is the guy that shifted to the Infested side and made the Mutalist Infested.

Also, the last thing that proves that Alad V is still Mutalist is that event could've gone both ways. If Nef Anyo were to win, Alad V would've never got his hands on the cure and still remain Mutalist. We were just choosing between two evils: the mad scientist and the con-artist. With this, it can be assumed that regardless of whoever would win, nothing would necessarily change besides winning a new gun.

Now DE has teased in the Devstreams the arrival of the J3 Golem which we have seen also has some robotic parts to it. Who would you think is responsible for creating that who has done so already?

Alad V is nonredeemable and just as vile as they come. It would not surprise me that he is willing to keep the cure for himself so that no one else would be able to use it against the Infested.

He is already shunned by the Corpus thanks to Frohd Bek demanding us to take him out. Why risk changing back to normal when no one would accept him?

Make sense, but well, it could be rephrased that Alad V get the cure and make the infested cell immune to the cure.

this makes great sence as well.  I mean sure I did help alad V. But what is his hidden plan. Plus I do find it humerous that if you work for the Grineer on invasions Normal Alad V, gives you a message saying "thanks for continuing interest in the Zanaku project" after that your marked by the zanaku hunter. even more to add to the laughter is you can still fight with Normal Alad V, in Jupiter. The only boss that was ever removed from a node was Vey hex oh and nef. when Vey hex, returned it introduced his Teraframe. Sure I can under stand Alad V gives BP for valkry as well as tyl regor for ash. but in the new upcoming patch tyl regor is revamped and i think he will be droping Equinox. Course DE is doing a good job. but I went off topic my bad. I can see this might be nice tho I sorta feel bad I missed the first time of the black seed and the J3 golem

Let's re-write this.

Nef Anyo wants to re-infect Alad V, and mutate him under Nef's control. Nef Anyo wants your help to "domesticate" Alad, and the Lotus warns you that this could have severe, unanticipated consequences. The "j3" slip-up should only occur after the Escalation phase, which is repeatable and has level 50/60/70/80 Mutalist Crewman, depending on player count. The Escalation phase would drop (blank) event mod set, the Reaping Strike mod you created, or one of (blank) rare rewards. First completion of the Escalation phase rewards players with 50,000 credits and 5xRare fusion cores.

Read up post #6 in this thread as to why it is most likely that Alad V is still Mutalist.

Edited by FoxFX