Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mgsv Online Mode Is Locked Behind A Paywall

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-5s-online-pvp-mode-locked-behind-/1100-6429981/

So yeah. This happened. 

Honestly, I'm a bit pissed at this. I mean I know the more important part is the story mode, but the online mode of MGS4 was really fun and for Konami to lock it behind a paywall?

Thankfully this is the last game I'm buying from them, after that they wont see a cent from me.

I told them it was going bad when they started selling demos for $40, but no, it's okay when Konami does it

I wouldn't be surprised if the fanboys defended this too

Well to be fair, it's not a huge issue. Like I said, the main focus is the story mode. 

Well to be fair, it's not a huge issue. Like I said, the main focus is the story mode. 

That doesn't make it alright, especially since it's a mode the majority of games include anyway.

People keep saying "you don't have to buy it", but if we let it keep happening, it's only going to get worse.

That doesn't make it alright, especially since it's a mode the majority of games include anyway.

People keep saying "you don't have to buy it", but if we let it keep happening, it's only going to get worse.

Never said it was alright, but that isn't reason to denounce the game or say "it's all going downhill". 

Unless this is gonna be one of those things developers did ages back to try and slow used games sales, where you got a single use code to unlock the full game. As in them giving a code with enough of that premium money to buy it.