Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Vs Prime

(PSN)ozgurozacik

Dude it's 7 to 8 mins also look in the comment section a person actually gave the time and what was being talked about so it's not that hard to look up

So much denial going on it's unbelievable even Steve called it a Warframe and not a skin

Nevermind I really don't care, its probably a skin I just cant see it as a separate frame.

Nevermind I really don't care, its probably a skin I just cant see it as a separate frame.

look it up how hard is that I even gave you the time to look at so you know that it's a frame

Didnt they say that it might not be the same thing as the one china got? it could be a frame with different stats then the one china got. for all we know it could look different too.

it was officially said that it will be virtually identical

I watched it, they said that this information was from changyou. Soooooo, it could STILL be a skin on our build. Probably not but we'll see.

Edit: listened to it again, it does sound like it's been confirmed to be a separate frame. We'll see when it comes I guess.

Edited by Avenwing

I watched it, they said that this information was from changyou. Soooooo, it could STILL be a skin on our build. Probably not but we'll see.

Edit: listened to it again, it does sound like it's been confirmed to be a separate frame. We'll see when it comes I guess.

lol so I guess Steve confirming it just isn't enough it's cool

Hmm....one possible way to introduce Umbra, if it gets released despite the controversy, is to make it seem as if the Sentients captured an Excalibur Warframe and modified it in some way to deal with the Tenno. Perhaps the modifications, though overall beneficial, will have some side-effects, therefore not making it better than Excalibur Prime and at the same time giving non-founders something to play with.

But honestly, even if somebody finds a great way to introduce Umbra without any conflict in the community, it would still be a bit out of place, so to speak.

Hmm....one possible way to introduce Umbra, if it gets released despite the controversy, is to make it seem as if the Sentients captured an Excalibur Warframe and modified it in some way to deal with the Tenno. Perhaps the modifications, though overall beneficial, will have some side-effects, therefore not making it better than Excalibur Prime and at the same time giving non-founders something to play with.

But honestly, even if somebody finds a great way to introduce Umbra without any conflict in the community, it would still be a bit out of place, so to speak.

Well, we already now the standard Umbra will make it to the global build..

And then it'll be released without any piece of lore, blowing our minds!

Also why would DE put work into a frame just to make it a skin later? Lol I think you just don't want Umbra to be a frame

I would prefer it to be a skin, I'm pretty sure I already said that in this thread. But if it's going to be a frame I will be pissed if it's just straight up better than the Prime.

Edited by Avenwing

Again, Excalibur Umbra should remain only Umbra and have stats similar to his Prime, including void trap energy and Baro's comments. Founders should get chinese founder Excal as skin so they can still feel "special" since it appears to be only thing lot of them care about.

Again, Excalibur Umbra should remain only Umbra and have stats similar to his Prime, including void trap energy and Baro's comments. Founders should get chinese founder Excal as skin so they can still feel "special" since it appears to be only thing lot of them care about.

It's really as simple as that. I understand people wanting to flash their bling yada yada, but I think we are putting WAY too much focus on one character with discussing promises, values, etc etc when we have an entire GAME that needs to be worked on.

Excalibur Umbra can at least match Prime or inherit the stats we saw in the chinese build (my preference) complete with void trap energy mechanic. The Prime can be matched as well so we all can enjoy a little bit more energy and the founders can still run around in their exclusive frame while not being overshadowed by obsolescence. We have our replacement and founders can still show off their bling. They can even make an Umbra skin for the founders if they want. Choices are a good thing.

Honestly, I don't see the problem. It satisfies both parties.   

Why should they get anything exclusive when they already have Excal Prime?

Why shouldn't it be better than Prime? It's a newer version of Excal

While I don't care about who's better between Umbra and Prime if we get lore reasons for the difference, your sentence doesn't make any sense; why should newer mean better?

The only thing that it means is different.

So far we've been told since the beginning of Warframe that Prime version of frames are elite ones, with slightly better stats or features(like additional polarity slot and void traps interaction)than standard counterparts; we know nothing about Umbra stuff, it's the first time we get an additional version of a frame other than Prime(unless it's just a skin as the Prisma one) so there's no reason to think it should be better than what have been the "best" so far just because it's newer.

Edited by siralextraffo

Lets see...

The Exclusive Founder Excaliburs...

Excalibur Umbra Prime (WF China Founder Exclusive): power 150, stamina 100, health 100, shield 100, armor 250 and sprint speed 1.0

Excalibur Prime (WF Global Founder Exclusive): power 100, stamina 100, health 100, shield 100, armor 250 and sprint speed 1.0 (and death orb effect thingy)

The difference is that the umbra has more gold bits/ scarf and either of the servers wont get the same version of founder excals.

I see no problem here really.

Everyone will get...

Excalibur: power 100, stamina 100, health 100, shield 100, armor 225 and sprint speed 1.0

Excalibur Umbra: ??? (where did people get the info about normal Umbra Excal getting the same stats as the Prime Umbra Excalibur from China?) 

Minus the gold bits, the normal umbra will probably get the scarf too and a different stat allocation.

Edit: I can only see that few founders are just jealous because WFchina got a nicer looking Excal Umbra Prime Exclusive than the global, but since they are in different server, it doesnt matter so get over it people...

Edited by CrystalRibbon

While I don't care about who's better between Umbra and Prime if we get lore reasons for the difference, your sentence doesn't make any sense; why should newer mean better?

The only thing that it means is different.

So far we've been told since the beginning of Warframe that Prime version of frames are elite ones, with slightly better stats or features(like additional polarity slot and void traps interaction)than standard counterparts; we know nothing about Umbra stuff, it's the first time we get an additional version of a frame other than Prime(unless it's just a skin as the Prisma one) so there's no reason to think it should be better than what have been the "best" so far just because it's newer.

When you were told this that they would be better the game was very new and plain but now everything that is exclusive to founders are getting surpassed. First it was the obvious Lato Prime but recently it was the Skana Prime and the last one left to get surpassed is Excal Prime.

Edit: I'm sure you have noticed this pattern by now

Edited by (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000