Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Missions With Blueprints Should Be Available For 90Min

FunkyEntropy

Come one don't be arses --, he's got a good point all of my ingame buddies complain about how they missed that "vauban part" or whatever (i bought my vauban, couldn't care less) by a short ammount of time, making item alerts (not arties alerts) last longer would fix things around a bit, not everyone can just launch warframe straight away at the sight of a great alert on twitter ...

Anyway; this whole alert thing is frustration in a box, needs a complete rework ...

Actually I wouldn't be against this idea at all. What's wrong with slightly extending the time limit for BP alerts? It doesn't hurt anyone at all. DE probably wouldn't take it into consideration unless a considerable amount of players suggest it but honestly I don't know why any of you would be against this idea. In fact it would benefit most players. Don't accept it's flaws and simply blame it on RNG. Rather make suggestions that would increase the player base and back it up otherwise DE is just going to increase RNG related items in the future as well and add more to the alert system which would further decrease overall chances of every other BP popping up.

Which is why I still wonder why they haven't added unlockable weapon BPs for higher mastery besides Rank 4....

Edit: this game is starting to turn into a high powered slot machine

Edited by Hafilgar

Care to elaborate, or are you going to remain strictly unhelpful?

sure.

DE is a game company, they make money off the things they sell in game, BPs being one of those things. DE is kind enough to offer most items via ? alert or credits in game. asking them to go above that shows a sense of entitlement that is very very undeserved. point is, they are already doing something very nice by even offering the BPs via anything other than plat, so asking for something more is just wrong. thus the answer to your starting post is... no.

sure.

DE is a game company, they make money off the things they sell in game, BPs being one of those things. DE is kind enough to offer most items via ? alert or credits in game. asking them to go above that shows a sense of entitlement that is very very undeserved. point is, they are already doing something very nice by even offering the BPs via anything other than plat, so asking for something more is just wrong. thus the answer to your starting post is... no.

If everything is supposed to be bought through plat then they should adjust their plat prices, because for now it's a rippoff, i mean i bought 2 key packs, got nothing out of it and yet it's like 10€, sounds normal? The alert system is supposed to bring balance between what I can't wait to have and stuff i can wait a few days. It should be like the build timer, a rush option ... 

This guy is not asking for freebies, he's asking for good stuff without having to pay 200€ or sacrificing his social life for it, a lot of my friends just buy small plat packs to cover reactors, colors and catalysts, they are paying customers too, and they deserve to get decent access to the good lewt too through patience. So improving the alert system is improving their gameplay, and a happy customer keeps coming back.

I don't get all this harshness....

This goes back to an issue that has been raised many times, which is: there are quite a few Warframe players who simply cannot play the game more than a few hours out of any given day (due to work, school, etc.), and those players miss the majority of those alerts for that reason.

I suggested a research-based system to alter the current Alert structure, with the goal of giving players a slow, but solid sense of progression toward rare items, while limiting access to those items by player rank.

@alchemistjkt

It also takes $$ to expand slots so that you can carry all that fancy new gear.  Why should I spend money to buy slots that I'm never going to use because I keep on missing alert blueprints?

By your logic there'd be nothing wrong with DE charging for every single item beyond your starting frame and gun.  Sure, they could do it...but it'd alienate a whole lot of people and I don't think it'd be a wise move for them, finanically speaking.

Edited by FunkyEntropy

This goes back to an issue that has been raised many times, which is: there are quite a few Warframe players who simply cannot play the game more than a few hours out of any given day (due to work, school, etc.), and those players miss the majority of those alerts for that reason.

I suggested a research-based system to alter the current Alert structure, with the goal of giving players a slow, but solid sense of progression toward rare items, while limiting access to those items by player rank.

We asked for research and what'd we give us? A system where 90% of the playerbase is never gonna see any of it because of the simply ridiculous grind involved in building enough rooms to start researching things. And then, the hundreds of those ultra-rare blue resource drops....

It also takes $$ to expand slots so that you can carry all that fancy new gear.  Why should I spend money to buy slots that I'm never going to use because I keep on missing alert blueprints?

By your logic there'd be nothing wrong with DE charging for every single item beyond your starting frame and gun.  Sure, they could do it...but it'd alienate a whole lot of people and I don't think it'd be a wise move for them, finanically speaking.

What, or who, was this in reply to?

If everything is supposed to be bought through plat then they should adjust their plat prices, because for now it's a rippoff, i mean i bought 2 key packs, got nothing out of it and yet it's like 10€, sounds normal? The alert system is supposed to bring balance between what I can't wait to have and stuff i can wait a few days. It should be like the build timer, a rush option ...

I agree, the market is a ripoff and so is the concept of PAYING FOR RNG (aka void keys) I think void keys should have been done another way because having low drop rate and the market incentive of buying it for impatient players just to risk losing it all in a void mission is rather unfair.

Like I said, this game is becoming a slot machine

We asked for research and what'd we give us? A system where 90% of the playerbase is never gonna see any of it because of the simply ridiculous grind involved in building enough rooms to start researching things. And then, the hundreds of those ultra-rare blue resource drops....

True but it could be made more ... intelligently ... eve-online style?

Yes, I hear your frustration here. However, let's come up with proper solutions, and hash them out.

I agree, the market is a ripoff and so is the concept of PAYING FOR RNG (aka void keys) I think void keys should have been done another way because having low drop rate and the market incentive of buying it for impatient players just to risk losing it all in a void mission is rather unfair.

Like I said, this game is becoming a slot machine

yup, i don't know what it is they have with RNG but it's EVERYWHERE ... even my rifle mod is RNG (split chamber), 90% chance of multishot, why 90% and not a 100%? RNG for the sake of RNG ... and their RNG is broken as hell ... for example here's the log of my  last few defense runs (farming keys)

PROTEUS LOGS:
LOG 1
mag warp - target cracker - hellfire - stormbringer

LOG 2
shot ammo box - TOWER II

LOG 3
vitality - speed trigger - hellfire - hellfire - hellfire - hellfire

Hellfire everywhere.... and we all know that we're always getting the same mod drops over and over and over too, just a quick look into our mods can confirm that easily .... and void drops suffer from that too, there's always that ONE missing part that never seems to drop (it does but ... so rare ... why?...)

so yeah ... I hate RNG and i hate the way they give me less and less for my money every update.

They really do need to reduce the sheer amount of RNG in everything.

It is like....

HEY GAIZ, UPDATE 8 IS HERE! COME BUILD YOUR DOJOS!

Oh wait, you'll need lots an dlots of Forma.

How do you get Forma?

1). RNG daily login.

2). RNG from Void missions.

3). RL Money.

How do you get to Void Missions? Why you need a Key of course! How do you get keys?

1). RL Money.

2). RNG from Defense Maps (seriously, MORE rewards from Defense Maps? Why don't REGULAR maps sometimes give these? Why always Defense Defense Defense Defense!? No wonder nobody does Non-Defense/Assassination these days....)

So..... yeah.

RL Money or Ridiculously Low Chance RNG.

*rolls eyes*

I'm starting to get sick of RNG RNG RNG RNG RNG RNG RNG RNG everywhere. Why can't something be SENSIBLE to obtain for once?