The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons don't eject bullet casings??

Golde

Weapons don't need to eject bullet casings. Just accept that their technology has progressed to the point of having solid round ammunition propelled by a mechanism inside the gun itself eliminating the need of a shell casing that encloses a combustable propellant.

Weapons don't need to eject bullet casings. Just accept that their technology has progressed to the point of having solid round ammunition propelled by a mechanism inside the gun itself eliminating the need of a shell casing that encloses a combustable propellant.

This ^

portal 2 turents lol

Caseless ammunition also adds more logic in why various guns using the exact same ammo deal different amounts of damage per bullet before any mods or rank up bonuses take effect. ;)

Also it's logical that we are upgradingthe weapons and not the ammunition.

Though if we could use different ammunition like exploding bullets or something that would be interesting.

Actually empty casings would be a cool additional feature for PhysX as now it's only used for particles.

Aye, I was going to mention this.

This would be a good time to show off those PhysX Effects. Some nice shell casings falling and bouncing/rolling on the ground.

Of course, if everyone just wants space magic. That's fine too. :s

I guess that they are not implemented (yet) - low priority. Surely casings flying left and right would look cool...

BUT - If shells/bullet casing will be implemented then new wave of complains will rise - "Where are clips and mags", "Gorgon should be belt-fed" "Where my WF keeps all those bullets", "My Warframe is not reloading, he/she is just doing something near gun and it starts shooting again" and so on...

Mass Effect had some in game explanation for this, maybe when WF Codex will be implemented it will be also explained.

I guess that they are not implemented (yet) - low priority. Surely casings flying left and right would look cool...

BUT - If shells/bullet casing will be implemented then new wave of complains will rise - "Where are clips and mags", "Gorgon should be belt-fed" "Where my WF keeps all those bullets", "My Warframe is not reloading, he/she is just doing something near gun and it starts shooting again" and so on...

Mass Effect had some in game explanation for this, maybe when WF Codex will be implemented it will be also explained.

Plenty of machineguns use regular box magazines, so not really, and also, any repeating projectile weapon feeds from a magazine. Just say the magazines are mounted internally or lengthwise (like a P90 or G11).

In mass effect the guns used a Gauss style system that had a big chunk of metal in it that was chipped at for a projectile.