Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Story Behind Kubrows

'The Kubrow are a canine-like egg-laying species that originally served as companions and pets for the Orokin, and later as attack and guard animals for the Orokin elite.'

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Kubrow

But I love the platypus concept.

i did say that they might not be dogs since they lay eggs. lol. but since now cats can also lay eggs.....what the hell are they??

The Kavats are made by taking their DNA and injecting it into the Kubrow eggs.  DE hasn't said how Kavats reproduce in the wild.

'The Kubrow are a canine-like egg-laying species that originally served as companions and pets for the Orokin, and later as attack and guard animals for the Orokin elite.'

The Kavats are made by taking their DNA and injecting it into the Kubrow eggs.  DE hasn't said how Kavats reproduce in the wild.

still not telling me where they came from or if we some how made them through an evolution process or not. so not helpful but on the Kavats yeah i knew that...kind of why im curious on the kubrow....it seems like they are very...easy to manipulate the dna.

still not telling me where they came from or if we some how made them through an evolution process or not. so not helpful but on the Kavats yeah i knew that...kind of why im curious on the kubrow....it seems like they are very...easy to manipulate the dna.

...we don't know, DE hasn't made that much lore yet.  In the Codex it says something about the Orokin messing with the genetics but no origin story.

No back story thus far....however even during the orokin empire time frame kubrows were kubrows not dogs so idk....

it is possible they are a totally different breed from dogs too. you never know .

...we don't know, DE hasn't made that much lore yet.  In the Codex it says something about the Orokin messing with the genetics but no origin story.

but wouldn't it be great if DE took some time to tell us more about them!! :D well anyway i just made the thread so we can all talk about them and maybe make up our own theories on what they are.

Most likely all the life forms we see are bio engineered for terraforming the solar system. The crazy earth jungles. The trees on Pluto. The sand fish things. The trout in the dojo water gardens. The lizards inside the warframes.

that last part.......wot...

Most likely all the life forms we see are bio engineered for terraforming the solar system. The crazy earth jungles. The trees on Pluto. The sand fish things. The trout in the dojo water gardens. The lizards inside the warframes.

Tenno - you're a lizard?   Now there's a theory that deserves it's own thread.  : ) 

Funniest thing about this is the fact DE said Kavats are partly reptile as well. This in conjunction with being cats and having their DNA samples injected into Kubrow eggs makes for some funny looking images.

I think the Kubrow were likely a genetic engineering experiment custom created by the Orokin because they could.  They come across as a proud and adventurous people who would be willing to mess around with anything to make anything just because they can.  Right until it all goes horribly wrong because they didn't consider the consequences of making the Sentient, the Infested, the Grineer, the Tenno...  Their track record sounds about as successful as Cerberus.

When it comes to the use of the Kubrow egg for us to engineer a Kavat, I suspect (almost) all the DNA of the Kubrow will be removed leaving an empty vessel for us to add Kavat DNA to.

Tenno - you're a lizard?   Now there's a theory that deserves it's own thread.  : ) 

Tyl Regor calls us lizards a few times which makes the 'Tenno are lizards' theory as valid as the 'Tenno are energy' theory which is pinned on 'Vor said it'.  (PS: I'm not being serious here, before it takes off...)