Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hobbled Key

Ghostar

So don't get mad at me folks, this is a pretty legit complaint. But the Hobbled Key needs a buff. Ever since parkour 2.0 came out its been absolutely pointless. You can move around without sprinting so easy now. I think it should have an adverse reaction to your parkour stuff like the arcane helmets that had their effects change from Stamina. That way people wouldn't fight over who gets Hobbled since its literally no weaknesses on your frame.

For the new Parkour 2.0, yeah it needs a buff. I think its mostly due to the removal of stamina that makes the key almost

not much of a flaw. Adding Rush and Armored Agility also works fine when having that key.

As a side note, i love the hobbled key since it allows me to walk like a badass when doing stealth (It also somewhat helps me to stay focused

when doing such missions). Sometimes i jsut have the hobbled key for some extra challange.

Speed is a bad trait(especially if it goes over to parkour), it really just discourages teamwork IMO because one player will always be holding the entire team back or will be left behind.

Maybe one that reduces something to do with Warframe powers or energy would be better altogether.  

or will be left behind.

That's kind of the opposite of the point of teamwork isn't it?  But that's not because of the key, that's because of impatient players.

The vault runs were designed to promote synergy and make a team stick together and take care of eachother's disadvantages.  If you leave the hobbled guy behind and he dies and the key for vault is hobbled it will show you why teamwork would have been better than leaving him behind.  Only bad teamwork players leave the hobbled guy behind.  What I'm saying is that it DOES promote teamwork.  In fact it helps root out the players who are bad team players more than any other key.

The Extinguish key already hurts Warframe powers by cutting their damage.  Reducing energy isn't much of a disadvantage as anybody with good weapons can easily play without any energy at all.  Increasing energy costs might be a better way to handle it though the same problem would exist for people with good guns.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Though I don't think the key is useless or bad for what it was made for, there are other ideas I have:

Diminishing Key: Every shot from your guns consumes 500% ammo as opposed to the regular 1.  Soma Prime would effectively have only 40 shots a clip - other weapons even worse.  

Frailty Key: Removes -75% armour stat from the user (It would also cancel out the effects of Anti-Toxin mod) - since vaults are infested, poison goes to health and armour is vital for survival.  It's almost like the bleeding key, but in some cases is way more of a disadvantage.  

Exhaustive Key: Increases energy costs on powers and channeling by 75%.  This is better than no energy because it REALLY puts a hamper on things but still allows power casting to be possible. (Consdiering most people use Flow, if we simply reduced overall energy by 75% it would be like using an unmodded frame, which can always use their special anyway - not much of a disadvantage).

Unstable Key: Reduce the Shield Recharge by 75%.  Kind of like the decaying key, but again, possibly more disadvantageous if you lose shields and can't get out of damage.  

I personally think Diminishing is the best of my ideas, since it affects a completely different mechanic than any other key has - and it's an actual disadvantage that requires some teamwork.  You only have so much energy and if you run out of ammo only your team can save you.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue