The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Exalted Blade Change Maybeh?

YasaiTsume

Irrelevant, also, I was talking about warframes, no warframe is purely OP on his own unless the player is good/knows WTF he is doing, chroma, cal, ash, loki are hard to use, but are good solo players, meanwhile, mesa, in solo, if they`re lvl 40-50+ you are rekt b4 even saying ouch unless u have range and spam 2nd, then 4 will be pointless and still will be unable to kill, run out of power, and guess what? rekt, same applies for all other frames

also, no dual heavy rifles so far, only one dual primary so far, and a tiny-! one, also, if aksoma ever comes, it`ll not be as u said

I`m done replying to you, you can say what you like

Irrelevant? How? OP isn't something that's specific to frames. And since you can die using it, it's okay, right? Oh wait, no, that's stupid.

Irrelevant? How? OP isn't something that's specific to frames. And since you can die using it, it's okay, right? Oh wait, no, that's stupid.

ok, you can scratch what I said in the spoiler, can`t leave it there

OP is NOT locked to frames, but when I said the statement above, I meant warframes, some weapons are stupidly OP, yes, but no warframe is OP so far, they all have a downside, in cal`s case, he`s vulnerable to all procs/CC/65% of damage while blocking, again, you have Overpowered confused with powerful

when are you people gonna learn to SHUT UP about Excalibur`s ult and start getting along? DE didn`t even respond to any of your pathetic topics, and they had the Waves thing in their teasers, so it`s intended, and is balanced, cry me a river if you like, but it won`t get changed, like it or not, Excalibur is balanced, Even if not, did you like him more back at the Javelinandeverythingdies days? If not, then be grateful to what DE did to him, pack up, and go home, if you do like him, then try saryn, she`ll be your best friend if you like nuking

also, on a side note, Cal is not P42W, you need to move around, spam blind on high lvls, use slash dash to run, and most importantly, Parkour, to reduce their accuracy on you and save your squishy &#!, Cal is not a tank, he`s meant to be a CC/killer/utility, take away the waves, then he`s going back to the dumpster with GP mag, so she won`t feel so lonely

ok, you can scratch what I said in the spoiler, can`t leave it there

OP is NOT locked to frames, but when I said the statement above, I meant warframes, some weapons are stupidly OP, yes, but no warframe is OP so far, they all have a downside, in cal`s case, he`s vulnerable to all procs/CC/65% of damage while blocking, again, you have Overpowered confused with powerful

when are you people gonna learn to SHUT UP about Excalibur`s ult and start getting along? DE didn`t even respond to any of your pathetic topics, and they had the Waves thing in their teasers, so it`s intended, and is balanced, cry me a river if you like, but it won`t get changed, like it or not, Excalibur is balanced, Even if not, did you like him more back at the Javelinandeverythingdies days? If not, then be grateful to what DE did to him, pack up, and go home, if you do like him, then try saryn, she`ll be your best friend if you like nuking

also, on a side note, Cal is not P42W, you need to move around, spam blind on high lvls, use slash dash to run, and most importantly, Parkour, to reduce their accuracy on you and save your squishy !, Cal is not a tank, he`s meant to be a CC/killer/utility, take away the waves, then he`s going back to the dumpster with GP mag, so she won`t feel so lonely

Do you know what balance means, by any chance?

Basically this thread. A bunch of noise with no reason. No ones giving a reason why not to nerf it besides "you just want Excal to be crap" or "nerfs are evil".

Ok, then tell me this:

How would removing the waves not turn Excalibur's ultimate into a horribly gimped and useless hysteria (which is an ability that needs to be changed anyways) and make it not only completely pointless to use but actively harmful.

Because Excalibur does not have anywhere near the survivability that Valkyr does at any time.

He can only block about 50% damage from a very small arc in front of him.

He still stuffers from full proc affects and AOE damage while blocking.

If you want to gain health while using his ultimate you need lifestrike which drives up the energy cost of using his ultimate to pretty much instantly zapping your energy to zero.

He doesn't have fine enough mobility control to zoom in on specific targets quick enough to be safe.

Basically your "nerf" would completely destroy Excalibur and render his ultimate completely pointless and even actively harmful to be engaged.

The only thing that keeps his ultimate viable is the waves.

EDIT:

And honestly this nerf would just turn excalibur back into crap tier and leave his ultimate utterly pointless and useless.

Nerfs are one thing.

Completely destroying a frames ultimate and making it actively harmful to use is another.

Oh and if you want to use excaliburs ultimate without the waves just pull out a skana and run around high level areas with it for a while and see how effective it is.

Because without the waves that is what it basically boils down to....with a very fast energy drain for doing just that that heavily prevents you from using other abilities.

Edited by Tsukinoki

"His Exalted Blade is not only over powered, but also very boring. I like it has actual combos but that is silly as every slash sends out a wave of energy anyway so it just slows DPS."

Says the one with Saryn as profile pic

Forgive me for vulgar lang here because I'm really pissed off

B*tch please

Just look at Miasma

It kills faster than an EB wave even reaches anyone. What the f*ck could you expect from a melee frame in a game where melee is seriously nerfed. You're basically saying "Yeah, I just wanna nerf Excal because he's one of the starter frames with a f*cking sword theme and can send off energy waves in a game that doesn't favor melee and totally disregarding the fact that it's only obtainable later on Pluto, one of the last planets of the game that you even bother to play." Hell, even Mag kills faster than he does, so keep your EBs going wild. It's nothing near stupid when you have another starting frame that nukes up the entire room and the remaining starter frame that electrocutes everyone and drain like 2/3 health. Good luck nerfing that one.

Do you know what balance means, by any chance?

DO YOU? I don`t think so, else you would`ve just stayed quiet, and enjoyed Cal, I can`t understand you people, first you whined about Cal being pointless and another lackluster nuke, now he isn`t that anymore, you want him nerfed, what, exactly are you on about? Give it out, explain the changes you want to see and why you want them

You want people to use the combos and not whine about nerfs? Buff the combos! That's it. For example, make one combo slow but powerful and another weaker but fast.

This pBMkgpK.png

is someone who actually plays the game and gives a 8ZAUEOx.jpg about it, why hasn`t this been suggested by any nerf cry-baby? or one of you "Remove waves, they ruin the *swordsman* theme" guys?

Edited by Bizzaro21

Ok, then tell me this:

How would removing the waves not turn Excalibur's ultimate into a horribly gimped and useless hysteria (which is an ability that needs to be changed anyways) and make it not only completely pointless to use but actively harmful.

Because Excalibur does not have anywhere near the survivability that Valkyr does at any time.

He can only block about 50% damage from a very small arc in front of him.

He still stuffers from full proc affects and AOE damage while blocking.

If you want to gain health while using his ultimate you need lifestrike which drives up the energy cost of using his ultimate to pretty much instantly zapping your energy to zero.

He doesn't have fine enough mobility control to zoom in on specific targets quick enough to be safe.

Basically your "nerf" would completely destroy Excalibur and render his ultimate completely pointless and even actively harmful to be engaged.

The only thing that keeps his ultimate viable is the waves.

EDIT:

And honestly this nerf would just turn excalibur back into crap tier and leave his ultimate utterly pointless and useless.

Nerfs are one thing.

Completely destroying a frames ultimate and making it actively harmful to use is another.

I'm sorry, did I not say multiple times that removing the waves is a horrible idea? Or is this the wrong thread.

That doesn't even matter because that's not what people are arguing. Mobile sucks and I can't read the OP, but I'm 90% sure that wasn't even suggested.

What I am seeing here is exactly as I stated. Noise. People focusing on the word nerf and not the actual ability. People assuming that everyone who wants a nerf is evil and wants to ruin Excalibur so they can get more kills.

50% less damage is 50% more than almost every other frame. Life Strike is a choice, not a requirement. "But when lvl 90s hit you you need it" no, you WANT it. Auras and knockdowns apply to almost everyone all the time. It doesn't make Excalibur special. His mobility control depends entirely on you, no one but Zephyr is different.

Him, it looks more like people are using their personal choices and failings be a justification for a clearly OP ability.

Nah.

I'm sorry, did I not say multiple times that removing the waves is a horrible idea? Or is this the wrong thread.

That doesn't even matter because that's not what people are arguing. Mobile sucks and I can't read the OP, but I'm 90% sure that wasn't even suggested.

What I am seeing here is exactly as I stated. Noise. People focusing on the word nerf and not the actual ability. People assuming that everyone who wants a nerf is evil and wants to ruin Excalibur so they can get more kills.

50% less damage is 50% more than almost every other frame. Life Strike is a choice, not a requirement. "But when lvl 90s hit you you need it" no, you WANT it. Auras and knockdowns apply to almost everyone all the time. It doesn't make Excalibur special. His mobility control depends entirely on you, no one but Zephyr is different.

Him, it looks more like people are using their personal choices and failings be a justification for a clearly OP ability.

Nah.

It is the wrong thread because here you are looked to be agreeing with the OP and one of the points of the OP is making it so that only arial attacks create waves.

Which would completely destroy the viability of the ultimate.

Any frame can block when they have a weapon out so that "50% less damage is 50% more than almost every other frame" is completely wrong because every frame can block the same damage in the same arc as excalibur can.

The only thing his ultimate does at that point is act as a built in "reflex guard" mod.

And those complaints were between Excaliburs ultimate (and how the OP wanted to limit it to pure melee without waves) and its deficit in that area when compared to the only other ultimate that is pure melee (Hysteria which suffers none of the problems I listed: she's invincible, has innate life strike, better mobility and immune to all procs and CC).

And his mobility of slash-dash is just the same as Rhinos Charge or tail-wind.  Its no different.

Its not a fine mobility control like rip line, switch teleport, teleport, or wormhole are.

It doesn't have the speed or acuracy needed for "pure melee without waves" that the OP wanted.

And if you don't agree with the OPs idea of nerfing Excaliburs ultimate by limiting the waves to only arial attack and therefore making EB useless then how about you put forward your idea.

Edited by Tsukinoki

People focusing on the word nerf and not the actual ability. People assuming that everyone who wants a nerf is evil and wants to ruin Excalibur so they can get more kills.

hmmmmm, not focusing, discussing what is suggested, removing waves or limiting it to air attacks is a direct nerf, don`t you think?

50% less damage is 50% more than almost every other frame.

also, it`s 35% less damage, EB counts as a longsword, which all have 35% damage reduction on block

Life Strike is a choice, not a requirement. "But when lvl 90s hit you you need it" no, you WANT it. Auras and knockdowns apply to almost everyone all the time. It doesn't make Excalibur special.

it is a must, as u need rage to keep up with the power drain it has, and to keep yourself up, you need to heal, and I`m not gonna spam restores and hide until i am full again, rather waste half the power i got from rage on channeling and then continue the normal manner

yes, auras and knockdowns apply to everyone, and it doens`t make him special, the only thing different here, is that 40 metres is not that much ingame, therefore, I must stay in range for auras, (also how many maps will support u to aim the waves from high range to avoid auras? most are close ranged and u have no zoom on EB, so aiming it from a long range is hard to impossible) and also, if u want to limit hte waves to air attacks, I WILL have to get close and rekt by auras, do you read what you say?

His mobility control depends entirely on you, no one but Zephyr is different.

exactly, making him very average to poor at mobility, so he can`t escape, he fights until him or the enemies are down

first: no, these aren`t just personal if a lot of people agreed to it, you did notice no one supported your posts or OP, right? then it`s no longer personal, it`s a public matter

Second: it`s not OP, try in simulacrum, spawn 20 corrupted bombards/gunners, grab your cal with his best build on, and tell us how hard that `ll be

Edited by Bizzaro21

No really. I mean Excalibur is strong, yes. But no, he isn't overpowered. His blades wave is indeed strong, but it's no where near being overpowered.

You say his DPS is ridiculous? My Chroma with a single Transient Fortitude at maximum damage boost wielding Boltor Prime, or Volt with a single Intensify with Soma Prime deals even more DPS.

You say his waves can cut through multiple enemies? May I remind you there are many more AoE abilites that can clear 360 degree around the frame?

You say he have ridiculous mitigation? All warframe has that.

You say he makes people dumb to play? Yeah, cuz aiming, adjusting, dodging doesn't require brain.

You say Radial Blind makes it deals ridiculous damage? Tbh against an enemy with 10k HP, dealing 54k damage and 10k+1 damage doesn't make much differences.

He possesses many qualities, but Overpowered isn't one of them.

Edited by tinyranitar

You say Radial Blind makes it deals ridiculous damage? Tbh against an enemy with 10k HP, dealing 54k damage and 10k+1 damage doesn't make much differences.

actually, 54 k nvr happens without radiant finish and strength mods on, it`s average damage per wave is 5k-7k, 13k-15k with blind

this thread is so meh, and one of many others, I don`t even know why I`s still following it

actually, 54 k nvr happens without radiant finish and strength mods on, it`s average damage per wave is 5k-7k, 13k-15k with blind

this thread is so meh, and one of many others, I don`t even know why I`s still following it

oh well, probably crit Blind hit or head shot. Idk, my luck is terrifying

Probably following this cuz our life is even meh-er.

hmmmmm, not focusing, discussing what is suggested, removing waves or limiting it to air attacks is a direct nerf, don`t you think?

also, it`s 35% less damage, EB counts as a longsword, which all have 35% damage reduction on block

it is a must, as u need rage to keep up with the power drain it has, and to keep yourself up, you need to heal, and I`m not gonna spam restores and hide until i am full again, rather waste half the power i got from rage on channeling and then continue the normal manner

yes, auras and knockdowns apply to everyone, and it doens`t make him special, the only thing different here, is that 40 metres is not that much ingame, therefore, I must stay in range for auras, (also how many maps will support u to aim the waves from high range to avoid auras? most are close ranged and u have no zoom on EB, so aiming it from a long range is hard to impossible) and also, if u want to limit hte waves to air attacks, I WILL have to get close and rekt by auras, do you read what you say?

exactly, making him very average to poor at mobility, so he can`t escape, he fights until him or the enemies are down

first: no, these aren`t just personal if a lot of people agreed to it, you did notice no one supported your posts or OP, right? then it`s no longer personal, it`s a public matter

Second: it`s not OP, try in simulacrum, spawn 20 corrupted bombards, grab your cal with his best build on, and tell us how hard that `ll be

Yes, focusing. Count how many people said nothing about the ability itself or its aspects or anything beyond "Excal is fine" then called them crybabies and haters who only care about kill count or something else along those lines. Now look at the amount of people actually discussing. Who do you see more?

I'm pretty sure it's actually 65%, but even if it is 35%,, it's 35% more than anyone else, guaranteed, with no range drawback like everyone else has to deal with.

Again, that's your personal opinion. I run my Excal just fine without Rage or Life Strike. Others will too. If you want it, that's up to you, but don't say it's necessary. You want it, not need it.

Are you quite mad? 40m is longer than more than half the ranges of all 4 abilities. Auras are, again, a personal choice. You ddon't NEED an aura for EB. Unless you're talking about enemy air as, which still doesn't make Excal special because everyone's affected in the exact same way. The way you talk about auras it's like Eximi spawn every one in five enemies and single out Excalibur.

He has the same mobility as everyone else, with more range than most other frames and definitely more damage. Zephyr's passive and maybe Mirage's are the only ones that are innately better. How is this a problem?

They are still personal if a lot of people agree, you know. If I say the Braton Prime is the best automatic in the game, many would agree with me, but it wouldn't make me right, would it. I don't support the OP's idea either, but does that somehow mean that changes are not needed? And it's personal as in opinions, not discussions. This is a public forum, you know.

Wow, spawn 20 anti cheese units and try to cheese them, and it's balanced? This means nothing. This does not prove either way if it's balanced or not. This is simply Epeen stroking.

To the other guy who actually attempted rational discussion before:

I typed up your response, but my internet decided to crash and I lost it. So TL;DR on my changes would be to reduce the range to 15 moddable and give 100% damage reduction when actually blocking outside of autoparry.

Yes, focusing. Count how many people said nothing about the ability itself or its aspects or anything beyond "Excal is fine" then called them crybabies and haters who only care about kill count or something else along those lines. Now look at the amount of people actually discussing. Who do you see more?

that`s a discussion, saying Cal is fine means that they are pleased with his current state, and don`t want a buff/nerf to it

anyone who demands a PVE nerf IS a cry baby that wants to get kill count, or in some cases, worried about wasted potential, but I don`t see that here

I'm pretty sure it's actually 65%, but even if it is 35%,, it's 35% more than anyone else, guaranteed, with no range drawback like everyone else has to deal with.

hmmm, I can grab any other frame and a scindo prime and resist [size=4] 85% [/size] damage, without any drawback, now stamina said goodbye, all frames block equally good

Again, that's your personal opinion. I run my Excal just fine without Rage or Life Strike. Others will too. If you want it, that's up to you, but don't say it's necessary. You want it, not need it.

ok, try this:

1- grab this exact build u mentioned

2-go to t4 survival ALONE

3-try to go for 40

if you got there without a revive spent, I`m drawing it all back, but since you won`t, I don`t need to check back here

Are you quite mad? 40m is longer than more than half the ranges of all 4 abilities. Auras are, again, a personal choice. You ddon't NEED an aura for EB. Unless you're talking about enemy air as, which still doesn't make Excal special because everyone's affected in the exact same way. The way you talk about auras it's like Eximi spawn every one in five enemies and single out Excalibur.

Peacemaker, maximized overload, miasma, javelin, mend and maim, bladestorm, radial disarm and a bunch more have higher range, you`re arguement is invalid

have you gone beyond 40 in void survival? if you ever got past that line, you`d know that the higher level, the more eximus spawn rate, at 60, you`ll see an eximus out of every group, at 70, you`ll be crying for a normal mob as easy kill, also, if you had done the escalation phase of phoenix intercept, the eximus units there were MORE than the normal ones, you`d see like 4 out of 7 are eximus

and no thank you, I`m not mad, but keep this type of replies and I will be

He has the same mobility as everyone else, with more range than most other frames and definitely more damage. Zephyr's passive and maybe Mirage's are the only ones that are innately better. How is this a problem?

no, his mobility is worse, as slash dash has an arc in it, you`ll hop high, but with most of the momentum directed forward, not upwards, and you fall out of it real easy

I never said it`s a problem, did I? you have me confused by someone else probably

They are still personal if a lot of people agree, you know. If I say the Braton Prime is the best automatic in the game, many would agree with me, but it wouldn't make me right, would it. 

dude, you keep going around the point, I do love braton prime, but there`s no best in Warframe, there`s good and bad, the best is matter of opinions, some people think dakra p is the best melee, some think scindo p, some find kittag the best, personally i find boltace the best, does that make it the best? no, I know scindo p outperforms it massively, but overall i like the concept of it and appearance

And it's personal as in opinions, not discussions. This is a public forum, you know.

And cal is a public matter, did you see the amount of threads made about him? search exalted blade on forums, and you`ll know what I mean, and that is why I`m a bit aggressive in my posts on this thread, I`m fed up with people trying to get it to the god damn 7th ground pointlessness meter

Wow, spawn 20 anti cheese units and try to cheese them, and it's balanced? This means nothing. This does not prove either way if it's balanced or not. 

My bad here, I meant to say gunners, I`m sorry and will correct it

still, this DOES prove something, aren`t bombards an enemy we face quite frequently? cheese or not, they are reality, and they are out there in t3/4, and a lot of frames are raped by them, Cal is one of them, his block has nothing against AoE explosions, let alone the blast procs that are stupidly common

Are we done here?

my changes would be to reduce the range to 15 moddable and give 100% damage reduction when actually blocking outside of autoparry.

these are the most reasonable suggestions yet, as long as you left the waves alone there, 15 is too low, tho, make it 20-30 and we`ll be agreed, and the block part would be awesome