Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Opinions On The Upcoming Cavats / Kavats (Catbrows) - De Staff Please Read This For The Sake Of Everyone

_Medo_

1- are you excited for them ?

2- do we know when will they be released ? any expectations if we don't know a specific date ?

3- do you think they will be more useful than kubrows ? more useful than sentinels ? 

4- do you think they will be normal sized small cats or huge beasts like kubrows ?

5- do you think their genetics / imprinting / breeding will be tough and almost completely RNG dependent like kubrows ? and what is your opinion if their genetic will actually be this way. ---

6- Also , do you think the genetics will be almost completely hidden from us like kubrow genetics were ? what I mean is will they reveal the genetics completely or let us explore them like we "kinda" did with kubrows ?

7- do you think they will be hard to obtain ? like for example farming the kubrow eggs now ? (which is a complete pain imo) 

8- what do you think of the designs shown on the devstream ? for me they are "meh" but with different colors and possibly patterns they could looks amazing of course.

Post whatever you want about the catbrows these are just some questions that popped into my head.

also what are they called ? cavats / kavats ? any different name ? correct me so I can edit the thread title please.

Edited by _Medo_

1- No I am not excited for more useless pets. Especially when they're ugly as sin.

2- I think they said U18.

3- Sentinels kill fast, bring insane utility, recharge shields, shield downed allies, etc etc, and don't require maintenance or band-aid fixes like the Incubator Upgrade to be usable. Also Sentinels are little robotic buddies that are actually quite adorable despite being simplistic little machines. Offer more aesthetic customization as well.

4- They were shown to be big in concept art. 

5- RNG + Grindwall via scanning to get the imprints to put on the egg and hatch it. Honestly the process is so god awfully dumb and nonsensical. Terrible idea.

6- I don't care lol

7- Read point #5. 

8- Ugly. Uglier than the Kubrows even and they're absolutely hideous already. 

Also the way they said they plan on screwing over stealth players (Loki/Ash/Shade) even more with the grineer versions of these being able to see cloaked units is seriously insulting. 

Edited by Diarist

1- No I am not excited for more useless pets. Especially when they're ugly as sin.

2- I think they said U18.

3- Sentinels kill fast, bring insane utility, recharge shields, shield downed allies, etc etc, and don't require maintenance or band-aid fixes like the Incubator Upgrade to be usable. Also Sentinels are little robotic buddies that are actually quite adorable despite being simplistic little machines. Offer more aesthetic customization as well.

4- They were shown to be big in concept art. 

5- RNG + Grindwall via scanning to get the imprints to put on the egg and hatch it. Honestly the process is so god awfully dumb and nonsensical. Terrible idea.

6- I don't care lol

7- Read point #5. 

8- Ugly. Uglier than the Kubrows even and they're absolutely hideous already. 

Also the way they said they plan on screwing over stealth players (Loki/Ash/Shade) even more with the grineer versions of these being able to see cloaked units is seriously insulting. 

they are not that ugly imo, but the grineer ones are just hideous. but the patterns / colors might fix that

i hope they bring more utility than sentinels. one day this will happen. one day pets will be better than carrier in this game.

yes rng makes them sell for tons of plat but I personally wasted so much damn plat than i gained in this kubrow breeding thing so I hope catbrows are not 100% rng.

maybe they will implement the grineer enemies who see through the cloaks only in certain nodes this way if you want to get ur catbrow scanned don't use loki it's simple.

i hope they bring more utility than sentinels. one day this will happen. one day pets will be better than carrier in this game.

Carrier isn't the only sentinel in the game, believe it or not. And I wasn't even referring to vacuum.

Guardian, Sanctuary, Coolant Leak, Fired Up, etc: things Kubrows can't even come close to doing, available on every sentinel.

Pets will never be used over sentinels so long as they can only kill 1 enemy at a time and require maintenance, and have 0 utility mods whatsoever. I hope it stays that way too, because Kubrows should have never been added to the game period, and 'Kavats' are simply a byproduct of people whining about having dogs but not cats. What's next, people whining about no space gerbils? Give me a break.

Edited by Diarist

No, but I will try them out.

2- do we know when will they be released ? any expectations if we don't know a specific date ?

no and no

3- do you think they will be more useful than kubrows ? more useful than sentinels ? 

no and yes

4- do you think they will be normal sized small cats or huge beasts like kubrows ?

What do you think?

5- do you think their genetics / imprinting / breeding will be tough and almost completely RNG dependent like kubrows ? and what is your opinion if their genetic will actually be this way. ---

Of course and I have no opinion about it.

6- Also , do you think the genetics will be almost completely hidden from us like kubrow genetics were ? what I mean is will they reveal the genetics completely or let us explore them like we "kinda" did with kubrows ?

Of course and obviously

7- do you think they will be hard to obtain ? like for example farming the kubrow eggs now ? (which is a complete pain imo) 

Of course

8- what do you think of the designs shown on the devstream ? for me they are "meh" but with different colors and possibly patterns they could looks amazing of course.

Have no opinion on this.  You could say the same about kubrows until you put a pattern and colors on them.

Carrier isn't the only sentinel in the game, believe it or not. And I wasn't even referring to vacuum.

Guardian, Sanctuary, Coolant Leak, Fired Up, etc: things Kubrows can't even come close to doing, available on every sentinel.

Pets will never be used over sentinels so long as they can only kill 1 enemy at a time and require maintenance, and have 0 utility mods whatsoever. I hope it stays that way too, because Kubrows should have never been added to the game period, and 'Kavats' are simply a byproduct of people whining about having dogs but not cats. What's next, people whining about no space gerbils? Give me a break.

I meant to reply with what you said with the first sentence only ( i hope they bring more utility than sentinels ) the other sentence was just another point... not a reply to what you said. I said so bec carrier is the most used of all sentinels that's all.

sorry if i delivered it in a wrong way. 

i can tolerate the fact that they kill 1 enemy at a time if they look good and have good abilities. after all it's just my opinion and it's a discussion thread calm down nobody said you have to use kubrows / catbrows they are just for fun.. and of course for mastery which means absolutely nothing till now.

No, but I will try them out.

no and no

no and yes

What do you think?

Of course and I have no opinion about it.

Of course and obviously

Of course

Have no opinion on this.  You could say the same about kubrows until you put a pattern and colors on them.

Thanks for taking the time to read the post, write your reply, and share ur opinion =)

1) Yes!

3) I don't care, if they're cool I'll use them for novelty, but if they have good utility then it's just a bonus.

4) I hope they'll be about as large as a small kubrow (waist-high to a Warframe).

5) They better not, or I'll be upset but deal with it eventually.

6) See #5

7) I run around with a scanner all the time, so hopefully they're not that rare to find and get good imprints out of.

8) I think they're butt-ugly buggers but in one of the Devstreams they've shown different colours and patterns that were based off reptiles, fish and whatnot, I was positively impressed with that and can only hope some of those looks can be achieved without spending +100p on rare imprints or market-only gene kits.

> mastery

Maybe one it'll actually matter past rank 8.

i hope they change the current system and give us more rewards for mastery. but these are all hopes who knows whether they are even listening or not.

1) Yes!

3) I don't care, if they're cool I'll use them for novelty, but if they have good utility then it's just a bonus.

4) I hope they'll be about as large as a small kubrow (waist-high to a Warframe).

5) They better not, or I'll be upset but deal with it eventually.

6) See #5

7) I run around with a scanner all the time, so hopefully they're not that rare to find and get good imprints out of.

8) I think they're butt-ugly buggers but in one of the Devstreams they've shown different colours and patterns that were based off reptiles, fish and whatnot, I was positively impressed with that and can only hope some of those looks can be achieved without spending +100p on rare imprints or market-only gene kits.

that last point you mentioned is what most kubrow fans hope for i think. let's see if this happens or not.

also thanks alot for sharing 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

I'm not very excited.

1 - more RNG/breeding while locking you out of actually using your existing kubrows/catbrows. I can't be bothered to even get a retriever because it was so annoying to get the other breeds.

Just to be clear - it's not the RNG, it's not being able to use the kubrows you have while doing the amount RNG required.

Staring at an egg in an incubator is not gameplay.

2 - Lack of quality in play. Catbrow will use same terrible pathing/ai as kubrow. Same glitchy behaviour on top of new animations/models for "cat". 30% of the time it will be doing nothing glitched into the geometry.

3 - Cat in a testtube. Seriously? In the future cats like living in testtubes...

2 - Lack of quality in play. Catbrow will use same terrible pathing/ai as kubrow. Same glitchy behaviour on top of new animations/models for "cat". 30% of the time it will be doing nothing glitched into the geometry.

Oh yeah, here's another reason why pets suck, and sentinels will always be better.

I'm excited for them, yes. I think they'll be fun and I might even enjoy them, but I bet I'll need ANOTHER set of mods for them, that breeding them will be a pain (still need to get Kubrow eggs AND you have to scan the invisible cats for their genetic imprints), and they will have some crippling issue/glaring weakness that relegates them to shiny mastery fodder/Tamagotchi's for a year or two.

I hope they see this and realize how much pets need a rework in terms of abilities / AI or else as you guys said they will be mastery fodder. I don't get the point of working on them if they plan to release mastery fodder. why take the time / pay the people working at the office (designers ... etc) when you are going to release a pet that will be played with by most people for 1 void / draco run then thrown away *sigh*      

... thanks for sharing  

TheDarkStarChimaera

and 

Telc

Yes

Probably 17.5

Kubrows are useful? Huh, news to me. We'll have to wait and see.

They'll probably vary in sizes most likely.

Sheldon talked about using Scanning to create imprints, so I'd guess it'll be less RNG based, but that's of course just speculation.

Since Sheldon said last Dev Stream you'll use scanning to create them I'd like to think you'll know ahead of time, but we'll have to see.

You will need a kubrow egg to get them and scans to imprint on the kubrow egg.

I prefer their designs much more to the Kubrows designs personally. (kubrows to me are bat faced, monkey pawed, jackals that scare small children)

Yes

Probably 17.5

Kubrows are useful? Huh, news to me. We'll have to wait and see.

They'll probably vary in sizes most likely.

Sheldon talked about using Scanning to create imprints, so I'd guess it'll be less RNG based, but that's of course just speculation.

Since Sheldon said last Dev Stream you'll use scanning to create them I'd like to think you'll know ahead of time, but we'll have to see.

You will need a kubrow egg to get them and scans to imprint on the kubrow egg.

I prefer their designs much more to the Kubrows designs personally. (kubrows to me are bat faced, monkey pawed, jackals that scare small children)

I didn't say kubrows are useful. I just meant if you think kavats will be more useful than kubrows.. meaning do you think they will be of use at all.

also I didn't focus on the part of the kubrow egg being used for kavats in the stream maybe skipped or forgot about it thanks for the info.

and thanks for sharing too.

As long as we can't switch between them without delay catbrows are DOA, just like kubrows.

as long as you have "stasis" which is used to store your kubrows / kavats. it makes sense that they need to recover after waking up again. we could only switch between them simultaneously if there was no stasis or if it gets removed. but if it gets removed then they need to remove stabilizer / credit costs on inactive kubrows / kavats or else no one would use kubrows or kavats at all

I think they will be mostly like the kubrows.

I hope they deal elemental damage instead of slash.

hmm nice idea but how will it work ? or how will it make sense that a cat does cold damage? lol