The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guardsman Synthesis Problems

YUNoJump

My friend and I have been having problems scanning the new Sythesis target, the Guardsman. Simply put, whenever we come across the target and zoom in with the Synthesis scanner, he does not have any scan points to capture him. He also glows green, the same way an enemy appears when their codex entry is complete, as opposed to the standard Synthesis target blue. Most of the time this issue can be fixed by letting him attack us for a bit, but sometimes he never fixes himself, and we are forced to give up. If this is a bug, it would be great to get some feedback, if its a new feature that we haven't figured out yet feel free to abuse me.

I see three possibilities:

1. This is a genuine bug. (To verify this, you might want to keep trying it, and record what happens so you can see if there's a pattern)

2. You're not actually trying to scan the synth target --  unless you're dead-certain you've been finding the ONE synthesis target that exists in the mission, as opposed to just a regular Guardsman unit -- (you can track-down the location of the synth target by following the little ripples in the air that are visible while looking through the simaris-scanner) -- it's possible that you're just trying to scan a random Guardsman unit instead.

3. IIRC, the synthesis targets can make decoys, but I'm not sure about this.*

*I'm not sure, because I always drop a Kinetic Siphon Trap as soon as I'm within range; it's so much simpler than trying to chase the target around or deal with its abilities.

Edited by cittran

They can deploy decoys yeah but the bug is separate from that, I had it happen when the target wasn't even aware of me when i was invis and didn't even deploy any defensive reaction like the decoy yet.

Again for me switching to the codex scanner then back to the syn scanner could fix it, hopefully that will work for the OP as well.

I had the same bug happening with other syn targets but with guardsman it seems to happen a lot more often. One way to fix it for me has been to switch to the codex scanner then back to the synthesis scanner.

has happened to me to but i didn't think of switching to the regular scanner and back to the synth scanner. Thanks!

It's pretty easy to tell when they split and you trying to scan, one will have scan points, the other won't. Since it happens right before your scanner you should be able to tell.

this has happened to me before. the way to fix it is switch to a weapon or codex scanner and the back to the synthesis scanner. i think this only happens if you have the scanner out while simaris identifies it and marks it when u are near it.

Seems like it's buggy. Yesterday the simaris head appeared when I'm in a corpus Jupiter mission, and the Guardsman was in form of a MOA (who didn't seem to move, so easy to scan the points). Got 3700 points, and it counts to the Guardsman meter in relay. so easy.

Edited by RainzoneG

• 4 weeks later...