Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-The Taco Lord's Sanctuary-

.corvon.

I wake up. I feel rested and nice. I suddenly realize I'm on the floor. I open my eyes and push myself up in a sitting position- wait, why is there.. blood everywhere? Oh... no. I remember. Drachenstein. Panic and urgency rush through my mind, telling me to get up. Oh god please let her be alive. I look next to me and see a familiar face, clad in gray. Laying on the floor. Oh god no! She is covered in blood, she isn't moving. My heart pounds so loud I can hear it. I check for a pulse. Oh, no, that wouldn't do any good. The machine is what- oh. The machine. It's gone.. oh god. It's on my back. I can feel it. I look down at myself. I'm cut and stabbed. She...

She sacrificed her life for me.

---

I tremble in disbelief. No, it can't be. I fumble for the emergency machine stored in her desk. I smash the cabinet open just enough to get it unlocked, but not damage anything. Or so I hope. It's there, dusty. I snatch it and fumble to Friederike. I connect the two where they should be: one at the brainstem: one on the back. Please, dear god, let her brain still be alive.

---

I wait anxiously. The machine makes a strange whirr. I've never seen one work before. It starts making little noises; it seems to be in operating condition.

Oh; dear Friederike, can you hear me? My breathing, my living? Can you see me? My stabs, my scars? Are you.. alive?

She opens her eyes. Those intelligent, aware eyes. She takes a deep breath.

All I can do is sit there, something wet hits my cheeks. They feel refreshing. Are those... tears? They're my own.

Tears of joy.

Don't ask me why I wrote this.