Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Idea: Ivy - The Nature Based Warframe.

lNogardl

Perhaps I should have been more clear. Although "plants" as a theme is ok, I don't feel it necessarily fits the aesthetic or setting of Warframe. It's fairly anachronistic given Warframe takes place in a highly mechanical and synthetic space setting. Perhaps if an artist could draw a proof of concept, I'd be swayed, but for now my opinion is firmly rooted. I also disagree that a single warframe would generate significant sales, or at least as many as you imply.

Vauban generated a lot of sales. Just about every one you see in game was platinum purchased.

Crewell's Ivy is acceptable. Material can't just appear from nowhere. But then again there is Excalibur's Radial Javelin, Ash's Shuriken and looting artifacts or capturing targets, that disappears, suggests that there is some sort teleporting system, like in Borderlands. But summoning whole tree isn't believable.

I would prefer name Gaia. It fits better since we have Loki and Nyx.

Partly both, but the point being is that Vauban appealed enough to some people enough to buy it. Other people either couldn't afford it or don't really care for it. A nature based frame would probably be similar. Some players would be very excited and buy it. Some would farm it. Others who aren't interested would play other frames.

That's a good thing for the game is to provide different frames that appeal to different players and playstyles. More frames means a broader market for DE.

How is this any further out there then the rest of the frames?  Eventually there will probably be other elemental types of frames, could be wind, water, earth, who says nature is too far out there.  Some of the abilities will have to be refined so its not overpowered or useless but yeah, good idea.  

Edited by MiLLerLight22

Partly both, but the point being is that Vauban appealed enough to some people enough to buy it. Other people either couldn't afford it or don't really care for it. A nature based frame would probably be similar. Some players would be very excited and buy it. Some would farm it. Others who aren't interested would play other frames.

That's a good thing for the game is to provide different frames that appeal to different players and playstyles. More frames means a broader market for DE.

So pretty much, more content attracts more players. It doesn't have to be new frames, though. Personally, I'm hoping for more cosmetic stuff before I buy any platinu,.

How is this any further out there then the rest of the frames?  Eventually there will probably be other elemental types of frames, could be wind, water, earth, who says nature is too far out there.  Some of the abilities will have to be refined so its not overpowered or useless but yeah, good idea.  

Thank you, that's my point as well, sooner or later more warframe elements themes will have to show up, and i don't think Nature is way out of hand, check out the Dojo for instance, there are some sections that have root-like things connected to the walls. Pretty interesting huh?

Edited by Nogard18

• 1 month later...